The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #1021
Vegita-San
Emperor

It really doesn't get any better.

the best part of the show was S2's superman Two Parter, because it felt REALLY good to see Superman smiling and happy again. something not really seen since christopher reeve.

Supergirl is sad.. because apart from boring jimmy olsen, who has no sense of acting or delivery...it has a relatively fun cast. but suffers from bad writing and show identity. as you said, is it supergirl, or shield?

I have not watched anything but episode one of season two...but from what i've seen on twitter, it seems to have gotten worse with not one, but TWO romances no one cares for.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #1022
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I just started watching Supergirl and it kind of sucks...I hope it gets better. I like Supergirl and Jimmy Olsen a lot, even if I don't like changing Jimmy Olsen to black, poor red headed comic book characters keep getting changed to black, now gingers have no representation but whatever that actor is awesome. I like that it's a bright show for the most part and Supergirl uses her powers a lot more than say Clark in Smallville did so television superheroes have changed a lot. With Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Harley I guess DC is dominating girl power with their heroes, Black Widow nor Captain Marvel
have a chance.

The episodes are just so damn boring though, I don't want super dramatic stories like the Arrow/Flash but something. The season arc of Kara's relative is not compelling either. So yeah I hope it gets better. And what's up with the huge cast of characters, does Supergirl really need to have the DC version of SHIELD be her headquarters? I think this is also true for the other CW shows, Arrow and Flash now have a huge cast of characters running around in every episode.

I also started watching Flashs2 and Arrows4 but they kind of suck too at least in the beginning, I also think that switching between the three shows isn't helping any of them since they're all so different and it's weird going from happy supergirl to grimdark Arrow, so I may just say f-ck it to crossovers and only watch one of these shows straight before moving on.
I Skipped Season 1 of Supergirl. Season 2 is much better
Old 06-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #1023
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 1 was definitely rough at the beginning but it does get a bit better towards the last few episodes, then Season 2 improved upon it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #1024
raph27
Mad Scientist

Just finished S2 last night. I was pretty disappointed by the end. This season started out really good, and then it just slowly started to fall apart.
Spoiler:

-Cadmus was built up so much in the beginning, then just sort of faded away after the episode where they tried to send away all the aliens on that rocket. Then Lillian just shows up in the finale with no real explanation.
-Speaking of people just showing up, M'gann in the finale? Just pops up with a bunch of White Martians out of knowwhere? Plus I didn't like that they made a romance between her and J'onn. That relationship never seemed romantic to me before the finale.
-Way too much real world politics. Way too much. They used to do political commentary subtly and well back in the beginning of S2. Something changed, and it was terrible. I cringed at "Make Daxam Great Again." And when the whole plot of one episode was that the bad guys are trying to "deport the illegal aliens"? Ugh.
-Kara just overpowering the Kryptonite inside of Rhea because of...plot?
-How did Kara beat Clark? He said the Kryptonite didn't weaken him at all,
they have equal powers, and he has more fighting experience.
-Winn's girlfriend betrayed the whole group, had one episode about controlling her rage after they all forgave her, and then didn't even show up again.

Hopefully season 3 is better.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #1025
Vegita-San
Emperor

sounds about right for this show...

ugh. looks like i didn't miss much. same old crap

I laughed out loud at the woman president angle. they and a few other shows where so sure heh.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #1026
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
sounds about right for this show...

ugh. looks like i didn't miss much. same old crap

I laughed out loud at the woman president angle. they and a few other shows where so sure heh.
you sound like such an asshole when you say **** like that

;o) ;o) ;o)
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #1027
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san trolls every thread.

Quote:

I laughed out loud at the woman president angle.
Because a woman can't ever be president...right?
Old 06-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #1028
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I just finished binge watching Season 1 and.... wow I love it! Very much!

Kera is just so sweet and badass. James and Winn are perfect casting. Ugh Cat Grant is just phenomenal and inspiring. Alex and Hank Henshaw are great too.

Some small cons: I dislike the villain toy maker which is Winn's dad. Like Supergirl had problem fighting his silly toys lmao? The writer for that episode needs to never come back to the show.

The texting with Superman is kinda pointless I feel like they can just leave that out.

And why is there a Mystique ripoff in this series lol?

Overall: 9.5/10. Amazing S1!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #1029
sdp
-

I finished S1 of Supergirl as well and it does get better maybe because the comments to my post made me think it would be horrible but there's that I like and there are issues. Overall I wasn't a huge fan but it did do things that I liked.

Supergirl has the same power as Superman that writers have a tough time writing for the character since what do you do with someone who is "perfect" to create an interesting narrative, either it's bland or you compromise what the character is.

Why are there rogue Kryptonians and Superman doesn't do anything about it? I understand about the other smaller villains but you'd think evil Kryptonians on earth is not something Superman would just let happen.

I loved the Flash team up even if it's not that great of an episode, seeing them together was really cool. A shame that they are parallel universes, I'd hope that eventually they "merge" since they're all CW shows now.

J'onn J'onnz being in the show was an awesome surprise, I don't know why he talks like Batman when he's in his martian/real form but whatever. Before that I hated the character since he seems too much of a clone of Digle from Arrow, in fact he still is but I think him being Martian Manhunter as a main character is really cool, especially after getting shunned in Justice League for ugh, cyborg.

Red Tornado? Never thought I'd see him in a live action show but awesome, my old car was nick named red tornado. Nice to see Max Lord. I still like Jimmy Olsen though he did get annoying and I still don't like that he's black but at least they didn't shoot him in the first 5 minutes like BvS.

Supergirl has her own rogues galleries right? I know she's had many comics over the years so I'd think she'd have some original rogues, but like Arrow this show suffers from most of their villians either being borrowed from Superman or female versions of Superman's like the girl braniac.

The whole DEA / Shield crap was not great but I was able to live with it.

Why does Supergirl have to work at a newspaper? At least the cat is a fun boss. This show relies too much on Superman references, I guess it makes sense, I mean its her cousin and she basically took her name similar to a sidekick than her own hero so I can't blame them too much for it.

I'd love to see supergirl with her 90s costume since it's the one I grew up with, even if only done as a reference when walking as a civilian or something.

I want to love this show, but it's not fun or written well enough for me to, I hope S2 is better but that'll be until next year when I check it out.

Last edited by sdp; 06-18-2017 at 12:25 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #1030
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
you sound like such an asshole when you say **** like that

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...912ff51b53.jpg

;o) ;o) ;o)
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #1031
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Last Season Mon El was the son of Lois Lane and Hercules....next season....Supergirl is the daughter of Lois Lane, raised by Superman and...Supergirl...

Yep...that's right. Alura has been recast and will now be played by Erica Durance! The previous actress, Laura Benanti, is unfortunatly no longer available for the role.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvill...jor-recasting/
Old 07-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #1032
Vegita-San
Emperor

didn't care for erica durance first when she came aboard smallville. but if i'm remembering right, i warmed up to her a little. i was always a chloe person.

does anyone still care about this show? seems alot of people elsewhere have stopped talking about it too.

i can't help but wondering if people are tiring of the berlanti verse already.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #1033
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

does anyone still care about this show? seems alot of people elsewhere have stopped talking about it too.
The show has been renewed for Season 3, so it's obvious people care about the show enough for it to keep going. They wouldn't renew and spend millions of dollars on a show if nobody was watching, genius.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #1034
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

holy crap Carl Lumbey who played Martian Manhunter in the Justice League Cartoons is gonna play Jonn's father in Supergirl

http://collider.com/supergirl-season...=social#images

Old 07-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #1035
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
holy crap Carl Lumbey who played Martian Manhunter in the Justice League Cartoons is gonna play Jonn's father in Supergirl

http://collider.com/supergirl-season...=social#images

Myron Jones... Will he be on earth tho or just in alot of flashbacks??
Old 07-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #1036
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Did I see Erica Durance in there?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #1037
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Did I see Erica Durance in there?
ya she is replacing the actress who played Kara's kryptonian mom

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-22-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #1038
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
ya she is replacing the actress who played Kara's Earth mom
Wait, really? They're replacing Helen Slater?

*Googles Erica Durance*
OH....Kryptonian Mom.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 07-22-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #1039
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait, really? They're replacing Helen Slater?

*Googles Erica Durance*
OH....Kryptonian Mom.
whoops got my mom's mixed up
Old 07-24-2017, 04:51 PM   #1040
raph27
Mad Scientist

Not a lot shown in that trailer, but I did like the slightly darker tone. And it seems Cat Grant will be in this season more than season 2 which is a good thing.

In other news, word is going around that Kara will get a new suit this season. I wonder what will be changed. Could it be a more yellow logo and pants similar to Superman?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote