The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #61
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The show is set to premiere on Hulu on November 20.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/animani...es-1203006855/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #62
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I wonder what the humor will be like...will it have some of the same writers as before, will they modernize it, stuff like that. I'll probably check it out if they have as many original people as possible return for the project. I know that Richard Stone who contributed a lot to the show musically passed away years ago. Music was just as much a part of the series as the smart humor was.

With the world being so annoyingly PC now...I just hope that that doesn't ruin the show or dumb it down for the newer audiences.

Out of curiosity, since most kids shows promote all that boring we can't have shows with bullies (like Helga and Harold in Hey Arnold) and perfect harmony happiness junk, could characters like Slappy work in this era? Speaking of that, is slapstick even utilized at all in children's programming these days?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #63
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #64
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
They haven't lost their touch at all.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:31 PM   #65
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It's so beautiful! I hope Tiny Toons Adventures will get a revival like this, although Joe Alaskey passed away. Still I think someone like Eric Bauza could pull off a good Plucky.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:28 PM   #66
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It's so beautiful! I hope Tiny Toons Adventures will get a revival like this, although Joe Alaskey passed away. Still I think someone like Eric Bauza could pull off a good Plucky.
I wonder who would voice Hamton. Maybe Frank Welker.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:03 AM   #67
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I wonder who would voice Hamton. Maybe Frank Welker.
I forgot that Don Messick voiced Hampton, though I can hear it since it sounds somewhat close to his Boo Boo Bear and Scrappy Doo voices. Billy West voiced him in a PS1 game "Toonenstein: Dare to Scare" so he'd fit the bill.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:33 AM   #68
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Would still love to meet Tress, the only one in there I haven't to date... thankfully someone was able to get her on a couple of pieces for me.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:04 PM   #69
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Gosh! I just simply adore this man! It's so hard to believe that a sweet and gentle guy like him voiced an evil hitchhiker with a chainsaw in Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation. That’s talent right there.

https://tv.avclub.com/rob-paulsen-on...lif-1845020139

Last edited by ranger_scout; 09-16-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:16 AM   #70
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The theme song will be updated, also there will be no appearances from Mindy and Buttons, Rita and Runt, Katie Kaboom etc...there will though be new characters.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/hulu-an...heme-song/?amp
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #71
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I am fine with no Mindy and Buttons, Rita and Runt, Goodfeathers, etc. But I hope they will still have Slappy Squirrel, Minerva Mink(she was like in only 3-4 episodes), and Good Idea/Bad idea. Well at least they kept Pinkie and the Brain.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:54 AM   #72
AquaParade
Banned

Wow, that tickled a nostalgia bone I didn't realize I had. Great voice actors on that show.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #73
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The theme song will be updated, also there will be no appearances from Mindy and Buttons, Rita and Runt, Katie Kaboom etc...there will though be new characters.

Aww man I loved Mindy and Buttons. They better have the Goodfeathers and Slappy though. I don't care for "new characters" id rather have the old ones back.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #74
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I am fine with no Mindy and Buttons, Rita and Runt, Goodfeathers, etc. But I hope they will still have Slappy Squirrel, Minerva Mink(she was like in only 3-4 episodes), and Good Idea/Bad idea. Well at least they kept Pinkie and the Brain.
Mindy & Buttons I never liked much. Rita and Runt was so-so for me. Minerva Mink shorts I never liked much either. I did like the Goodfeathers, though along with Slappy Squirrel (which makes me wonder if they actually can since it's so slapsticky and I don't think cartoons are very slapsticky these days), and loved the Good Idea Bad Idea segments. They were funny.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:28 PM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

Also no Clinton, I assume, lmao.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:38 PM   #76
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Minerva Mink rarely ever appeared so she's not much of a loss.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #77
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 10-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #78
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I don't like how 'flash-animation' the people looked like, unless it was intentional, cause the Warners animate just fine. That line of 'the golden of age of animation' might be a jab at how modern cartoons animate like crap anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #79
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I don't like how 'flash-animation' the people looked like, unless it was intentional, cause the Warners animate just fine. That line of 'the golden of age of animation' might be a jab at how modern cartoons animate like crap anymore.
I kinda agree with you. Although the Warners looks amazingly clean!
Old 10-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #80
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

My son is gonna get a kick out of this! I got him hardcore into Animaniacs last year and we frequently rewatch it. He's really into Jurassic Park now and has been excited for this reboot so this little teaser is going to totally kick that up a notch. I agree about the people looking a little flash animation styled, but holy crap that shot of the Warners frolicking with the sun shine on them, that is some nice looking animation!
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote