The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2021, 12:32 PM   #21
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think a vague mention some months ago was till issue 120, although who knows if that's still true.

I imagine Tom Waltz will return to writing the main series eventually at some point.
Oh hell. 7 more months at minimum of this ****? Its already been 2 long as years of this boring crap....

I'd rather see the book get cancelled than keep going like this....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:20 PM   #22
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I think the mutant town stuff is fun but it will end eventually. We will move out and everyone can slowly find other things to offend them outside of tmnt
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #23
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
How many more issues is Sophie on for?
Right now it's looking like at least #123, possibly longer but we'll see.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:40 PM   #24
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So, Oroku Saki must be a pretty $hit friend. He hasn't done a damn thing to help ANYONE, whether it's the Turtles or Karai or his former Assassin turned mutant or his loyal henchmutants.

What the fuck.

Is he catching up on all the fun stuff he missed out on while dead? Just rolling in the sheets with Kitsune, drinking scotch, eating those great soft pretzels you get at the mall, and playing Mario Kart?

What's the fucking point of Saki coming back to life if the writers aren't going to do anything with him?
He'll be back soonish! He has a scene in 117 and then 118-122 has him in it a bunch. Damn now I want a big soft pretzel.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #25
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Look, he just got back from hell. He needs to sort a few things out. Also, he's reconnecting with his immortal goddess girlfriend. You going to blame him for that?

Actually, I do wonder if Saki is sort of paralyzed by indecision here. He's sort of had his karma wiped clean after a life of murder and evil and now wants to start anew. But getting involved in the Mutant Town dispute directly or trying to stop the Foot may lead to violence, even justified and, well, I can see him being hesitant to "Fall off the Wagon" so to speak.

I would like him to confront Karai, just to speak with her, to point out that she's going down the same path he did and it's not going to end well.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 01-26-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #26
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

maybe they got married and were honeymooning in japan after he made sure the turtles got back together.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:20 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Right now it's looking like at least #123, possibly longer but we'll see.
I'm hoping for longer because you are doing great. Loved issue 113.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #28
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
He'll be back soonish! He has a scene in 117 and then 118-122 has him in it a bunch. Damn now I want a big soft pretzel.
Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to it, and really enjoying the Tokka/Rahzar Hob/Karai story arc so far.

Any chance we'll ever get a mini-series spinoff focusing on the future Lita left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Look, he just got back from hell. He needs to sort a few things out. Also, he's reconnecting with his immortal goddess girlfriend. You going to blame him for that?
No indeed. As I previously hypothesized, he's lost track of time because he's catching up on all the carnal pleasures he missed out on in Hell. I mean, that's probably what I would be doing.

Except fucking Mario Kart. That's a part of hell right there. Blue shell fuckers.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

I had assumed Shredder was "off-limits" till Tom Waltz comes back to write, so I'm surprised if he's going to get some screentime soon.

By the way, is that true? Are certain storylines "off-limits" or "on-hold" till Waltz comes back? I assume the stuff he set-up like Krang/Leatherhead, Utroms/Triceratons and the Pantheon were all pushed aside for now because they're all Tom's storylines and I figured he would be the one to write them whenever he comes back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:39 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Except fucking Mario Kart. That's a part of hell right there. Blue shell fuckers.
You just know Saki's an Assassin's Creed kind of guy. Heck, he'd probably spend all of his free time bitching on Reddit about the lack of a Japan-set AC.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:23 AM   #31
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
You just know Saki's an Assassin's Creed kind of guy. Heck, he'd probably spend all of his free time bitching on Reddit about the lack of a Japan-set AC.
One of the AC Chronicles spin-off trilogy is set in Japan.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
One of the AC Chronicles spin-off trilogy is set in Japan.
You're thinking of (I guess) China. The Chronicles games are set in China, India and Russia. The closest thing to a Japan AC is Ghost of Tsushima. For now...
Old 01-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #33
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to it, and really enjoying the Tokka/Rahzar Hob/Karai story arc so far.

Any chance we'll ever get a mini-series spinoff focusing on the future Lita left?
Thanks, Cylons! Glad you're digging it so far. I've been thinking about a future timeline mini-series, yeah! Maybe something focused on the wasteland outside of Mutant City and then I can introduce Killer Bee and Needlenose, lolll. I'd also really love to do something even further in the future with the Turtles old and decrepit, like elderly senile ninja masters, like the comic in the back of the old Palladium Road Hogs book with old man Raph and his students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
By the way, is that true? Are certain storylines "off-limits" or "on-hold" till Waltz comes back? I assume the stuff he set-up like Krang/Leatherhead, Utroms/Triceratons and the Pantheon were all pushed aside for now because they're all Tom's storylines and I figured he would be the one to write them whenever he comes back.
No, nothing was off-limits! We tossed around some ideas for LeatherKrang and maybe having Gothano involved, and I thought about having the Triceratons move into Mutant Town, but we ended up focusing on the Turtles' community stuff and keeping things more street level for a bit.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:23 PM   #34
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
You're thinking of (I guess) China. The Chronicles games are set in China, India and Russia. The closest thing to a Japan AC is Ghost of Tsushima. For now...
Ah, whoops. In my defence I've only played a bunch of the main games in the series and none since Origins (the Egyptian one). So it's been a couple of years now.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:33 PM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Ah, whoops. In my defence I've only played a bunch of the main games in the series and none since Origins (the Egyptian one). So it's been a couple of years now.
Origins was on a whole different level! Black Flag and Unity are also damn good, and you should give Valhalla (the latest) a try. It's not hard at all to imagine Saki and even the Turtles getting sucked into the series.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:21 PM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Sophie Campbell posted a little tease from issue 116. Its a callback from the Coming Out Of Their Shells Tour.
https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...49014888980484
Quote:
Sneak peek! April tries her hand at singing a ballad in TMNT #116.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 03-20-2021 at 06:11 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #37
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

*Sigh* I listened to that audio cassette so many times, I know the exact song.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:21 PM   #38
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

their homes certainly come a long way from when they first moved in.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote