The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #1061
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
....By the way, did anyone else find themselves having a harder time spelling English words once they learned a new language?
I never had a hard time spelling any English words...but I DID embarass myself by answering a question in my Freshmen Comp. class in Spanish....damn having total emersion Spanish as my class before
Old 05-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #1062
bullet
Stone Warrior

mmm i speak/read cantonese and mandarin somewhat fluently due to familial influences...japanese not as well, since my mom would rather converse in cantonese in my dad's presence so i only picked it up through her conversations with my (recently deceased) grandma. outside of that i speak/read/write very poor french and can read spanish at a 1st grade level....hah...took both of them in highschool and did well in neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
....By the way, did anyone else find themselves having a harder time spelling English words once they learned a new language?
nope....but i do find myself answering people in the wrong language sometimes in haste. this is especially true on the phone, when i was previously holding a conversation with someone in my family using something other than english. you know how embarassing that could be...

bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #1063
gobo
Wacky Action

When I visited The Louvre a decade ago, I got separated from my tour group. I tried to find my way out, but that place is a veritable maze. I asked a ticket-agent in French where the exit was, and she answered. I recall replying with something to the effect of, "wtf? O_o". Ten years of French classes, and I never got good enough at it to make more than one sentence on a specific topic, much less be able to comprehend it when it's being spoken at anything faster than a well-enunciated pace.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #1064
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Iffy day. Bad night. I'm angry and sad and just totally.... something I can't type here. Beyond measure.

I just want to cry and can't make myself.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #1065
gobo
Wacky Action

Tomorrow's gonna be another day. Many wishes for your safe and swift return to happy-land.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #1066
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist

*hugs for Jo*

*hugs for Gobo too*

Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #1067
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

I just want to be a CHOICE for once, you know? I want to be considered. An option...

Just once...
Old 05-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #1068
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I'm sorry to hear that Dawn

<3
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:26 AM   #1069
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
I just want to be a CHOICE for once, you know? I want to be considered. An option...

Just once...
I don't know what has you feeling so sad, but I hope whatever it is, you can feel better soon. Tell us when you are ready, and maybe we can help.

Tell me who hurt you and where they live. I'll go beat them down nerd style. I'll even break out the pocket protectors.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:50 AM   #1070
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I never had a hard time spelling any English words...but I DID embarass myself by answering a question in my Freshmen Comp. class in Spanish....damn having total emersion Spanish as my class before
You had Immersion, too? Man, I hated having math class in French. It was bad enough that it was math (I suck at it)-- the foreign language was just NOT helping at all. And yeah, I didn't have a huge problem with English, it was just that if a word I wanted to write looked very similar in both English and French, I'd have to remember which class I was in or something, before writing it down...

And, *hugs JD* I'm sorry that someone passed you over, Jo. I wish I could give more comforting words....
Old 05-15-2007, 03:56 AM   #1071
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:

Just once...
I know what that's like.

Though in my case my self esteem is just lowered on a daily basis when every chick that flirts with me is just hung up on the X bf and end up getting back with them.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:33 AM   #1072
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:

Just once...

I know how you feel....When my friends and I used to all go out together (they are all married with new babies now) guys would drip all over them....but would barely even acknowledge I was there (if they did it was to argue infront of me who would get "stuck" with me) I don't think I'm hideous or anything, but I know I am not all that pretty either.

Anyway, that kind of thing messes with your self esteem horribly. I have a hard time believing ANYONE finds me attractive because of what I went through. I wall myself up and despite wanting to be loved more than anything else in this world, I usually end up ruining any little budding thing that any guy brings to the table.

I've had real love only twice in my life. One time God took it away...this time...I want it really bad...I REALLY love my sweetie...but I am afraid sometimes that I am in that same trap as before and he will dump me and walk away laughing just like all the other guys. (although he gives me very little reason to worry) I could say alot of stuff like "it will come when it's time" and don't let a few bad experiences ruin your experiences....but I know those are fleeting words.

one final thought and I'll leave you to mull it over. Whoever said that "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" is a freaking idiot. There are times that my loss overwhelms me.....there are times I wish I would have never fallen in love EVER. I don't know the answer....all I know is that for whatever reason I keep getting on that rollercoaster called love, and for once I'm feeling happy again.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #1073
Ra
It's my desire?

Aww...Jo! *hugs you* I'm sure you will be looked at as an "option" soon enough. Just be there and offer your services and, when the time comes, you'll be helping whoever needs your help. Trust me

And may I just breathe a sigh of relief. Both my grandmother and aunt have FINALLY moved back to their home down in New South Wales. I'm sick today, but I'm happy. The house is being aired out as I speak, and the smell is not so bad now. The tiles in the kitchen are looking their whitest for months, and the place is starting to shape up to it's former glory. Tonight, I'm cooking my parents a Japanese-style dinner as a celebration for putting up with two horrid people for way too long. Life is at it's sweetest at the moment, to say the least.

Unfortunately, the two will be back next year for a check up. Hopefully they won't stay for as long then. But until that time comes, I think we will be fine.

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #1074
Super Moderator

Sucks when the "nice guys finish last" rule applies in real life. Oh well.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #1075
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

In-****ing-Deed

You ever do something that you know is going to be bad and just end up hurting you (Not physically) but you just don't listen to your inner spidey senses and do it anyway? I've been really bad about it lately.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #1076
Super Moderator

I know I say a lot of things that I really shouldn't say. I'm really bad with that. I've been trying to keep that to a minimum these days, but bad habits die hard.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #1077
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Whoever said that "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" is a freaking idiot.
I 100% agree with that statement.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #1078
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Thanks guys. Really, all of you. Made me smile to feel the love. *hugs and kisses all of you* I feel very... safe here, my loves, and that is something very important to me.

I'm feeling slightly better about 'the incident', though not completely... But the point of this post was to thank you for warming my heart, and to update on more medical things.

More tests today, hopefully the last for a long while!!

By the way, it is truly something else to hear the ultrasound technician say, DURING the PROCEDURE: "Hello, cyst on the left side!!" Hah!

So... As for that, it's benign, so no worries about that. I found out certain internal parts of me are tilted, lol... And I don't work completely right (but not in a horribly off way)... But apparently if I ever decide to bear children, I will have much trouble in doing so. 'Most likely.' (Compounded by a 'you better start trying soon if you want them'. Just how it is, I suppose). Also, my doctor is insane. All of them! They love their job way too much. Hah. I was also told, after he looked at my charts 'Wow! If you want a baby today is the day to attempt! Go home and have sex. Or not!'

...I swear, it made me laugh so hard.

So, anyhow, that's that for now. (And no, I'm not 'trying'.)

But thank you all, for the love and hugs. I still kinda need them, and offer them to you who need them in return.

Thank you, my friends.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #1079
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
I was also told, after he looked at my charts 'Wow! If you want a baby today is the day to attempt! Go home and have sex. Or not!'

...I swear, it made me laugh so hard.

So, anyhow, that's that for now. (And no, I'm not 'trying'.)
Oh, you TEASE!

Haven't heard about the tummy situation for a while. Was that all caused by the cyst? When will it be removed? Jo needs to EAT!

Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #1080
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

*tries to control her giggles* Wow. Your doctors ARE out of their minds.

I'm glad to hear you're in better spirits, Jo.

Question: What did your doctor mean by "tilted"?

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip