The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-24-2021, 01:43 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Sounds like BLM at it again, but they will come for you if you say it too loudly.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #22
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I know what you mean.

I wish that this would get more coverage.
It wont because it doesn't fit the MSM's narrative. That's the sad reality of it all.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:30 PM   #23
AquaParade
Banned

Stories already dead. If it were a gun or he were white, this would be all over the news all week long.

I love all my brothers and sisters of all colors, but I’m well aware of the story bei my crafted by 95% of the media.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Rittenhouse never said or did anything remotely white supremacist-like (he even voluntarily turned over his phone when he didn't have to and absolutely nothing was found on it), yet the media immediately call him a white supremacist. And still do, even after his trial where he was found innocent of the crime itself, in which no black people were injured or threatened.

This psycho talks about running over people, HAS run over people before, openly talks about hating white people and other violent racial rhetoric on public social media that is easily readable, raps about it even... now kills 5 people, injures 23 people, yet not one peep from the same media. They won't even mention his race.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:18 AM   #25
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's not even a question. Questions are things where the answer isn't a guaranteed certainty.
They are questions, of the rhetorical variety
Old 11-25-2021, 12:30 AM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

As Calvin once said to Hobbes: "Questions I already know the answer to, I don't bother to ask."

"Would I dye my hypothetical pet pony's mane rainbow-colored?" Good grief. TRY AND STOP ME, more like.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That settles it. Ban all cars.
CNN Twitter be like, "that car, y'all..."

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1465028734453493764

See also, Washington Post Twitter:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 11-30-2021 at 11:36 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Cars don't kill people..."

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:14 PM   #29
IMJ
Emperor

"Since a car drove through".....

How can anyone even remotely support CNN anymore, let alone sit there and watch any of their programming at all?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #30
The Deadman
Foot Elite

WHen are people going to realize that CNN is selective in it's wording on these incidents? Rittenhouse is white supremacy run amok but this dude running over a crowd in a god damn Christmas parade is a random accident to them.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
WHen are people going to realize that CNN is selective in it's wording on these incidents? Rittenhouse is white supremacy run amok but this dude running over a crowd in a god damn Christmas parade is a random accident to them.
At least when it comes to "The Most Trusted Name in News," I think most people have caught on:
https://www.gopusa.com/new-ratings-c...-nick-at-nite/
EDIT: Meh, guess that piece is from 2017... the Google search preview said the site had been updated "6 Days Ago" so IDK.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:06 PM   #32
AquaParade
Banned

I don't trust CNN to serve me a Happy Meal, but I'm struggling to think of how they should have worded this incident.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:04 PM   #33
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
It's not even selective wording man. It's straight up gaslighting, strawman tactics and omissions and occlusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don't trust CNN to serve me a Happy Meal, but I'm struggling to think of how they should have worded this incident.
"A car" did not drive through people at a parade. "A MAN drove a car" through people at a parade. That's a start - I have faith in your ability to carry the logic from there when combined with CNN's agenda.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #34
AquaParade
Banned

I don't see the logic in avoiding the words "man", no. I am aware of CNN's agenda.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:15 AM   #35
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't see the logic in avoiding the words "man", no. I am aware of CNN's agenda.
Well.... I didn't say there was logic in avoiding those words.

I said I had faith in your ability to carry the logic from there when combined with CNN's agenda. See... that doesn't mean that CNN avoiding the use of the word "Man" is logical. Instead what it means is that you can put the logic together as to why CNN did not use the word "man".

So, in essence, I was complimenting your ability to understand this concept after I had pointed out the difference in the sentences. But then you responded that

Quote:
I don't see the logic in avoiding the words "man", no.
See, after my explanation regarding CNN, and my compliment to you that you are able to put 2&2 together, you can see now that your response above is not the correct response.

A correct response would have been:

"Oh, now based on what you said there IMJ, I can see that because CNN has an extreme-left agenda using disingenuous tactics, they must have avoided use of the word "man" because it would have pointed people to look further at the circumstances involving another "crime by a black man". So instead they said "car" so that maybe passers-by don't dig in any further and CNN resists telling the entire truth which would therefore diminish their position. Great way to illustrate that, IMJ!"

But see, you didn't say any of that. And you also basically completely proved me way off base when I assumed that you'd be able to put those 2 & 2's together when instead you said

Quote:
Because..... Technodrome User.

Last edited by IMJ; 12-02-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:28 AM   #36
Mechapod
Random Punk

CNN has been at this since their beginning. First Gulf War, CNN was one of the first news outlets that began to provide 24 hour coverage and had quickly risen as a source that many Americans looked to. I thought people would have become more skeptical when it came out that the whole story of babies being taken from incubators and being smashed on the floor had turned out to be not just misinformation, but outright lies.

While a lot of news outlets reported on the Nayirah testimony, I recall seeing the propaganda repeated over and over on CNN to help drum up support for a war against Iraq.
Mechapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:29 AM   #37
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well.... I didn't say there was logic in avoiding those words.

I said I had faith in your ability to carry the logic from there when combined with CNN's agenda. See... that doesn't mean that CNN avoiding the use of the word "Man" is logical. Instead what it means is that you can put the logic together as to why CNN did not use the word "man".

So, in essence, I was complimenting your ability to understand this concept after I had pointed out the difference in the sentences. But then you responded that

See, after my explanation regarding CNN, and my compliment to you that you are able to put 2&2 together, you can see now that your response above is not the correct response.

A correct response would have been:

"Oh, now based on what you said there IMJ, I can see that because CNN has an extreme-left agenda using disingenuous tactics, they must have avoided use of the word "man" because it would have pointed people to look further at the circumstances involving another "crime by a black man". So instead they said "car" so that maybe passers-by don't dig in any further and CNN resists telling the entire truth which would therefore diminish their position. Great way to illustrate that, IMJ!"

But see, you didn't say any of that. And you also basically completely proved me way off base when I assumed that you'd be able to put those 2 & 2's together when instead you said

Because..... Technodrome User.
You’re getting yourself in a twist. I stand by my original post. Sorry you didn’t get the reply you were going for out of me. Thanks for the compliment though, ig.

It was proposed that CNN avoided using the word “man” in favor of “car”. If someone is going to put forth that theory, they should present what they believe the logic behind replacing the word “man” with “car” is.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Spoiler:
Wow...

roflmao

Spoiler for off topic comment.

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...consin-parade/

By Jonathan Edwards
December 2, 2021 at 6:12 a.m. EST

On Wednesday, Brooks broke his silence.

“I just feel like I’m being [made out to be a] monster — demonized” and “dehumanized,” he told Fox News Digital.
No, really, you don't say?? What the heck does he expect?? Even if he's another nutjob who never asked to be one, and wasn't dealt with long ago when he should have been before it ever got to that...wtf? Can he not look at what he caused and understand why people might demonize him?

Quote:
On Wednesday, the two Fox News Digital reporters who interviewed Brooks described him as soft-spoken, calm and lucid. He told them he was “very” close with his mother, Dawn Woods, but appeared not to know she had released a statement about her son earlier in the day.

In the roughly 670-word letter, Woods said she was not making excuses but noted that her son has suffered from mental illness since he was young. As a child, he was treated with counseling and medication. But when he became an adult, she said Brooks lost the insurance he needed to pay for treatment. Since then, he’d cycled in and out of jail, she wrote.

“Mental illness is real and the system is broken it can and must be fixed NOW, not next year or with a new legislation NOW. So many like Darrell that have fallen through the cracks because of a broken system that no one cared to address, can get the help they so desperately need.”

When the reporters told Brooks of his mother’s letter, he put down the phone and got up from his chair, two jail guards shielding him from view. Even though the interview was over and the reporters could not see Brooks, they could still hear what was happening on the other end.

It sounded like sobbing.
[article recount of incident here]
Quote:
Brooks was arrested minutes later while on the porch of a nearby house, asking the owner to help him call someone for a ride.
I can't decide if something is very wrong with his perception of realty and he's one of those sociopaths (or whatever) completely detached from other people and any self awareness, or what. Why would your next move just be to go ask to call for a ride, as if your car simply broke down.

If he ever somehow leaves prison, then the only other place he better go is a lifetime stay in a mental hospital.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:08 AM   #39
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
I know you’re joking but did you know that horses and their annual upkeep cost much more than a car? I have some customers that have horses and the average annual upkeep cost for these damn things is between 10-15 thousand. Plus how many lazy people would care for their horse in today’s America? Those things need constant maintenance
WRONG! I own a horse farm and it costs me no more than $1200 a year per horse in upkeep. Feed costs me $40 a month, farrier $50 every 3 months, vaccinations and coggins test is $75 annially and I can deworm them myself at 10 bucks a month. I live in Florida so don't have to worry about hay, but even then a bale of hay is about $15 and can last a week.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:28 AM   #40
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I suspect some of said customers don't own the land the horse is on and are also paying for stabling costs and where they "live". My sister in law has to do that with the horse that belonged to her mother.