Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 09-09-2021, 04:49 AM   #1
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Rise TMNT budget/discount figures

A long shot, but does anyone have or know where to find these guys:
http://www.tmnttoys.com/19figures/Di...les/index.html

They are called "Budget" or "Discount" figures I think.

Pretty sure I've never seen them in the UK/EU.

Anyone ever see them in the US? Anyone own them?

Anyone want to sell them?!

Thanks!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:20 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

These are made by Playmates & were sold exclusive at a discount store called Five Below, for $5. I'm not sure if they're still in stores anymore though, I didn't see any the last few visits I made there. Probably just depends per location, as their toy stock usually sits around a while. Hopefully someone can help you! These may be severely lacking in paint & articulation but they're easily the best/most accurate sculpts of this iteration. I own a set that I've kept MOC, no plans to sell, but if I ever do, I'll reach out.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:28 AM   #3
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
These are made by Playmates & were sold exclusive at a discount store called Five Below, for $5. I'm not sure if they're still in stores anymore though, I didn't see any the last few visits I made there. Probably just depends per location, as their toy stock usually sits around a while. Hopefully someone can help you! These may be severely lacking in paint & articulation but they're easily the best/most accurate sculpts of this iteration. I own a set that I've kept MOC, no plans to sell, but if I ever do, I'll reach out.
Hey Powder

Thanks for the info. I've been searching eBay (admittedly UK but I set it to Worldwide search) and I'm surprised none are showing up on there. Sounds like they might have been something that would turn up frequently on eBay.

Yep, that's the reason I'm after them, they are really toon accurate! I'm impressed! I wonder if the heads could be switched to the mainline articulated figures?

Hopefully someone somewhere will be able to help me.

P.s. you ever seen the Giant mainline toys? I have Donnie and he is really great if you're a fan of the show! Leo looks good as well but struggling to find him. These guys: http://www.tmnttoys.com/18figures/giants1/index.html

Old 09-09-2021, 06:32 AM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, I think given the nature of their release, a last-ditch effort to make sales on a failing iteration, exclusive to a discount chain, I'd reckon they were produced in low numbers, & that unsold stock may have been sent back or destroyed. Unfortunately they will probably be very hard to come by, & searching them out won't be easy either as they don't actually have a definitive name to the toy series. I don't know a single person other than me who owns them, or would have even wanted to.

Are you in TMNT Toy Collectors on Facebook? Someone there might be able to assist, it's a huge network of people.

I have seen them, yeah! They look so much better than the basic standard scale figures. Wish they had used that sculpt for those! Too big for me to wanna collect as-is.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #5
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Yeah I was thinking that would be my main problem - if someone were to sell them on eBay they probably wouldn't put in a description that would help to find them (although I'm not going to search Five Below Turtles and see what comes up.

FB collectors pages are a good shout, thanks. I'll take a look.

I would recommend the giant Donnie if you're a fan. Size isn't "too big". Definitely a shelf piece. Comes with a cool translucent Sheldon.

Always the same with TMNT toys - first wave based on concept art which is never the same as the final thing! Battle Shell versions are a lot closer, to be fair.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:40 AM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

I have noooooo space at this point, I've been downsizing a bit to try & combat that, haha. I had been tempted by the Leonardo at one point, but yeah, I am kinda drowning in stuff as it is. I do love the Sheldon accessories though (& character).

Old 09-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #7
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I do actually think the giant Leo looks cooler than the giant Donnie, just can't get my hands on one at the moment!...let temptation get the better of you!

Cool, well if your downsizing ever includes the Five Below figures let me know!