The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 02:32 PM   #1
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Tiny Toon Adventures

Another 90's(well technically December 89) classic, who else agrees?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I was all over this show in my early childhood days! Always watched it whenever it was on. My parents got me so many merchandise of this show. I had the bedsheets and pajamas. I had a tape of How I Spent My Summer Vacation and would watch it all the time whether on VHS or on TV, though I never appreciate why they couldn't just air it as a movie as opposed to splitting each part as a regular half-hour episode (I always viewed it as a movie).

I had so much fun with the video games like Buster Busts Loose and Wacky Sports Challenge. Me and my brother put hours into the latter.

I'll always love Tiny Toons and am looking forward to the new series.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:02 AM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think I was way too young for Tiny Toons, because I remember loving it so much yet I don't remember anything about it. I only recognize the characters and the theme song but that's it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I really do love the movie, I think it deserved a theatrical release.

Most of the show is great with the exception of few environmental/save the whales/cute animals type episodes.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

I mostly remember it due to my older brother being a fna of it when he was a kid and recording some episodes on VHS and also owning the How I Spent My Vacation movie. I was a little too young to watch it when it aired on TV. I have more memories of playing the Acme ALL Stars Sports game for the Mega Drive, the NES Tiny Toons game and the SNES Buster Busts Loose game. Honestly, all of those games are pretty damn fun. Buster Busts Loose is a sentimental favourite. One of the best licensed games of all time.

The episodes I remember the most are those about smoking, the fancy restaurant they go to, Thirteen Something where Babs enters a soap opera, Promise Her Anything where Buster invites Babs to the prom and ofc the How I Spent My Vacation movie. I must have watched it 25 times or something.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:57 PM   #6
frank_one
Mad Scientist

My parents regularly bought me an italian magazine with their stories in early 90s. I loved it.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
My parents regularly bought me an italian magazine with their stories in early 90s. I loved it.
There was a Tiny Toons magazine?
Old 05-18-2022, 06:21 PM   #8
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I remember loving the tv series and movie as well as reading some comics when I was 7 or 8.

I got the mega drive game Buster’s Hidden Treasure and played it a lot in my pre-teens, though I never beat it. Couldn’t get through all the factory levels.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:23 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I remember loving the tv series and movie as well as reading some comics when I was 7 or 8.

I got the mega drive game Buster’s Hidden Treasure and played it a lot in my pre-teens, though I never beat it. Couldn’t get through all the factory levels.
I didn't know there were comics.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:38 AM   #10
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There was a Tiny Toons magazine?
Yes! There was an italian magazine called Bunny Band published in 1992-1995 that contained comics, puzzles and other activity pages. The stories were mostly about Tiny Toon (as far as I can remember) but also about "older" Warner Bros. characters like Bugs Bunny and Duffy Duck. I'm sure the comics pages came from some american publication and I think similar magazines existed all across the Europe as well.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:28 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Yes! There was an italian magazine called Bunny Band published in 1992-1995 that contained comics, puzzles and other activity pages. The stories were mostly about Tiny Toon (as far as I can remember) but also about "older" Warner Bros. characters like Bugs Bunny and Duffy Duck. I'm sure the comics pages came from some american publication and I think similar magazines existed all across the Europe as well.
I would have been a little too young at the time to remember that. I was born in 1990 after all.

That does sound like the Sesame Street magazine I used to read when I was a kid, though. It was kind of like that as well.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:30 AM   #12
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Yeah, never saw the comics, but not surprised, anything with even some popularity would get a comic back then.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:12 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

First look at the new series

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 04:15 AM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Looks faithful. Shirley the Loon looks interesting, not sure how I feel about Sweetie's design. This looks to be a continuation rather than a reboot but I could be wrong. Elmyra's in the image but Cree Summer said that she's not involved in it. I imagine either Jeff Bergman or Eric Bauza will take over for Plucky or Hampton. Hopefully the animation and humor is on point.

In comparison to the new Animaniacs, it looks like they're bringing back most of the cast of characters but some previous VAs might not be returning.
Old 07-23-2022, 09:42 AM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I wonder how they'll do Fifi. Or if they'll leave her unchanged because 'it's ok when women do it'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:57 AM   #16
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I could care less for the new one, just give me the original TV series(plus movie and specials) a blu ray release.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:06 PM   #17
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I’m honestly surprised that they didn’t invite Tess MacNeillie back because she is still voicing Dot Warner on the new Animaniacs. Charlie Adler left the show on bad terms because he was bitter about not being hired to voice a lead on the original Animaniacs.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:14 AM   #18
drgon78
Mad Scientist

That is not the only reason, Him and the voice actor for Plucky found out that MacNeillie was making more then both of them combined. They didn't handle it correctly and he(unlike plucky voice actor) didn't apologize for it, so Spielberg wouldn't let him come back.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:51 PM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
That is not the only reason, Him and the voice actor for Plucky found out that MacNeillie was making more then both of them combined. They didn't handle it correctly and he(unlike plucky voice actor) didn't apologize for it, so Spielberg wouldn't let him come back.
Meh, she totally deserved it!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:28 AM   #20
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yup, sadly Babs has been recasted.

https://gizmodo.com/tiny-toons-bugs-...1849329661/amp

She and Buster will also be fraternal twins.