The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Alan Ritchson hated working on the two TMNT Movies

Alan Ritchson who played Raph in TMNT 2014 and TMNT: Out Of The Shadows hated working on it.

The experience was so bad. He was trying to get out of the 2nd one. But was contractually obligated to do 3 movies. Anyways the 3rd one didn't happen since they are gonna reboot it anyways. and I'm pretty sure it won't have the same actors.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-14-2019 at 08:04 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, first, someone lend me a hammer because I'm using it on that/those microphone(s). God damn I hate that hallow echoy tone. Gives me an ear and headache just trying to listen to it.

That said.... That seriously sucks how he and the others were treated. If he wants to be seen, I'm not sure why he'd even try for (or agree on) that kind of film to begin with if it wasn't something he was interested in at first anyhow. But sounds like there were a whole lot of promises that were all talk and they got screwed out of it.

Cripe, even if they were lesser knowns, playing the Turtles makes them the rightful stars of it, so why not treat them with the respect deserved for all that hard work they were putting in just like everyone else. Were none of them guild/union members, thus easy to screw over? While union set people took precedence?

Makes me a little sad though to know that if a prospective 3rd movie did turn out to be just a soft reboot with the same Turtles, it doesn't sound like he'd be willing to return. (Unless he'd have to. But now I'd feel bad for him/them. ) The chemistry of those four and their performance were the best part of the whole thing. In terms of a big, gruff kind of Raph, he did a good one.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-14-2019 at 08:13 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Okay, first, someone lend me a hammer because I'm using it on that/those microphone(s). God damn I hate that hallow echoy tone. Gives me an ear and headache just trying to listen to it.

That said.... That seriously sucks how he and the others were treated. If he wants to be seen, I'm not sure why he'd even try for that kind of film to begin with if it wasn't something he was interested in at first anyhow. But sounds like there were a whole lot of promises that were all talk and they got screwed out of it.

Cripe, even if they were lesser knowns, playing the Turtles makes them the rightful stars of it, so why not treat them with the respect deserved for all that hard work they were putting in just like everyone else.

Makes me a little sad though to know that if a prospective 3rd movie did turn out to be just a soft reboot with the same Turtles, it doesn't sound like he'd be willing to return. (Unless he'd have to.) The chemistry of those four and their performance were the best part of the whole thing. In terms of a big, gruff kind of Raph, he did a good one.
I'm sure they will all be recast. They don't want to go through the same ordeal.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Not surprising. Though what's he talking about "this isn't what my audience likes"... did people even know him before this? I recognized him a couple seasons ago in a Black Mirror episode, but that's it.

Interesting he talks about the backend of the box office promised to him with the second one. He acts like they stiffed him, but any kind of back end deal means that there actually needs to BE a back end. OotS landed in the red, so no back end for anybody because there isn't any profit. If it had done well he would have gotten what was promised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Makes me a little sad though to know that if a prospective 3rd movie did turn out to be just a soft reboot with the same Turtles, it doesn't sound like he'd be willing to return.
A prospective third movie wouldn't be a prospective third movie... it'd be a prospective first movie in a new thing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know what I mean -- if they actually still used those particular Turtles; be it a consecutive 3rd or a stand alone 3rd unconnected from the first two. Whole new voices would just be off putting. So I guess new models are for the best if the actors are out. (Even if I wouldn't have minded a little more of this Leo.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'm not surprised. Though I hope this video gets seen by any actor who might even think about being involved in a movie with those same people behind the previous reboot. I just don't have any faith in Platinum Dunes.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It sounded like he was talked into doing it. But his heart wasn't in the right place as he was forced to endure all the behind the scenes drama when they were filming.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #8
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It sounded like he was talked into doing it. But his heart wasn't in the right place as he was forced to endure all the behind the scenes drama when they were filming.
It sounds like he had a job.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #9
TommyT
Banned

So, not only did they destroy the fandom, they also destroyed the actors.

THANKS MICHAEL BAY!!!
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:27 PM   #10
Roseangelo
Emperor

Honestly, I hate these movies so much that I am kind of gleeful to hear bad things about the production.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #11
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Honestly, I hate these movies so much that I am kind of gleeful to hear bad things about the production.
Same here.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:23 AM   #12
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t mind him complaining if he felt mistreated. No matter what job you have you should be treated fairly but I don’t understand how he could possibly think he’d be more than “just a guy in a mask”.

I mean the entire point of the motion capture was to cgi on turtle faces. What exactly could be misunderstood here?

From the studio’s standpoint how can you pitch it the way he says it was? Even if they just lied it makes no sense because everyone knew it was cgi and the human stars were Megan Fox and Will Arnett.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:40 AM   #13
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I don’t understand how he could possibly think he’d be more than “just a guy in a mask”.
He literally said how, in the video. Ya know, that he'd be able to go be the face of his character, doing press & the like, actually being known for his role.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:41 AM   #14
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not surprising. Though what's he talking about "this isn't what my audience likes"... did people even know him before this? I recognized him a couple seasons ago in a Black Mirror episode, but that's it.
Smallville. I guess now he'd be more known for Titans but that was definitely even after TMNT.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #15
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He literally said how, in the video. Ya know, that he'd be able to go be the face of his character, doing press & the like, actually being known for his role.
Oh I misunderstood that part I guess. I thought he was thinking his face would appear in the movie.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:37 AM   #16
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Of course the dumpster fire movies was a dumpster fire production. It sucks that the Turtle actors was treated like this. They where toted as new big stars and didn't even get a ride from the studios? pathetic by Bay & Co.

The promises was red flags though, getting the back end of the BO?
That means "zero cash for you dancing monkey, now keep dancing" Even if BayTurtlers did Box Office records of all time, you'll rarely see any BO money as a actor or director if that's what you're agreed to get paid in unless you have a really good contract that have the right wording like Sandra Bullock had in Gravity.

Being the same company, how can the reboot be any better though?
Maybe don't hire actors for being the Turtles but go stunt actors and voice actors combined to make the Turtles route instead.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:33 AM   #17
AquaParade
Banned

I know I should have empathy, but its it's hard because he was talking up the film like it was the greatest thing ever in the press - that's his job. I get it. But I'm the guy you're essentially lying to, so idk, hard for me to feel bad.

Sure sounds like a crap situation to be in for those guys though. Let's just hope this is the "Batman and Robin" (1997) to our Batman Begins.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #18
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I know I should have empathy, but its it's hard because he was talking up the film like it was the greatest thing ever in the press - that's his job. I get it. But I'm the guy you're essentially lying to, so idk, hard for me to feel bad.
I'd almost forgotten that. Didn't he and Megan Fox basically smacked talk against people who were criticizing the first film around the time they were promoting it? Hard to feel empathy.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Sure sounds like a crap situation to be in for those guys though. Let's just hope this is the "Batman and Robin" (1997) to our Batman Begins.
I feel more like it's TMNT's version of F4NTASTIC 4... and our only hope is somebody buying the rights away from Viacom/Nick.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I'd almost forgotten that. Didn't he and Megan Fox basically smacked talk against people who were criticizing the first film around the time they were promoting it? Hard to feel empathy.
I just think it's interesting that this guy is willing to speak his mind about the whole debacle. Honestly, good for him. You don't see that in Hollywood very often, and you know that Hollywood execs never fess up to their BS. So it's almost always on the actors or writers.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote