The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-28-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP20a/EP20b - Mystic Library/The Purple Game

Mystic Library - Airing tomorrow
The Turtles plumb the depths of a mysterious hidden library in search of a way to rescue Mayhem.

The Purple Game - Airing Next week
When a competitive new video game sweeps New York, Donnie will do anything to reach rank No. 1.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I legitimately forgot Mayhem was a thing until I saw the synopsis for the first ep. For the crux of what led the Turtles to encounter Draxum in the first place, they haven't been using him much.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:17 AM   #3
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Assuming ‘The Purple Game,’ is a Dragons episode, definitely pumped for that.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
I legitimately forgot Mayhem was a thing until I saw the synopsis for the first ep.
Me too. "Oh yeah, remember him?," in the voice of the show, literally ran through my mind.

Anyway...

For a mystical creature that could theoretically be playing a little bit big bigger of role in this series -- esp after the first ep and the fact that the vial was tied to him and surely by someone other than him? -- they seem to have forgotten about him.

Unfortunately, in this ep he's once again just kind of...there. Barely. So don't get your hopes up, Mayhem fans. Ep is 99% library adventure, 1% "rescue" mission. And trapped in a rather innocuous random place one would think he could just "poof" himself back out. If the mirror really was so dangerous, then why go back, so maybe Mayhem was just screwing with them.

But here's to hoping he plays a bigger role later on.

I will not miss it when cartoons get over this fad of trying to do the whole gross Ren & Stimpy-like exaggerated faces thing. Gross and dumb faces on the TMNT...no thanks.

I did enjoy the bats though. Carrying people off to the kiddie room if they act up...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
matteso586
Stone Warrior

1) I wonder what Mikey did that got him worshiped like a god? 2) The Turtles must have interfered with the Foot Clan's missions so many times, that the Lieutenant and Brute want to enact petty revenge. By interfering with the Turtles search for the book they're looking for.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:31 AM   #6
DonnieTello
Mouser

What IndigoErth said about the gross animation of Mystic Library is 100% true. This is the ugliest ninja turtles episode I've ever seen. I keep up to date with modern SpongeBob and the exaggerated facial expressions aren't this bad. There is even a few minutes of filler in this episode of just stupid faces to drag out the runtime. Embarrassing. I hope this is an experiment because this is low for Rise. You Got Served was actually a good episode in my opinion so hopefully they do more of that and not this.
DonnieTello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I thought the exaggerated faces were well done. When Don got kidnapped, Leo & Raph’s shocked faces were hilarious
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #8
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I thought this episode was crazy with a dash of hilarious.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #9
DonnieTello
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I thought the exaggerated faces were well done. When Don got kidnapped, Leo & Raph’s shocked faces were hilarious
I respect your opinion, I did appreciate some of it like when Mikey had that goofy smile. And towards the end, the episode did use the over the top animation for some good, like the Raph action. But to me, the rest of it just felt like too much. I think they were trying too hard for this one and it barely has a plot.
DonnieTello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Loved this episode. Really funny. The animation sequence toward the end with Raph was amazing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:20 PM   #11
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Great episode!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess I was unimpressed enough that I forgot to even bother posting any comment on today's newest ep when I got on the computer hours ago.

So... The Purple Game. Eh? What can I really say of this one other than the fact that it could have had potential had it been longer. The 11 min run time just makes it look like some random extra ideas were thrown together that don't really matter in the end.

I mean, the giant robot was even more random than the TMNT/Batman T-Rex mutant, and that's saying something.

Mystic Library side note... I miss normal Leo who is a bit of a bookworm, rather than made out to be an idiot...
Old 07-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #13
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It seems like those purple dragons while they are kids are not that useless! But i cant use kids working for me. I need to find a mad scientist to work for me since this Stockman is a kid and also some adults purple dragons. Hun must hidding somewhere. I hope he is not a kid too or else i will need to find someone else like him too!
Old 07-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #14
matteso586
Stone Warrior

1) The NYPD must be so incompetent, that they didn't consider sending the Purple Dragons to Juvie. 2) This episode makes me feel that Jase and Jeremy deserve better. Kendra seems to be taking them for granted.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:47 AM   #15
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Why was the Library episodes with so many weird faces? It felt different from the other episodes. It was funny but I don't really want it to be a trend from now on.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wouldn't surprise me if this particular series continues to do it unless they choose to go "red sky" at some point. Seems to be a thing with cartoons now, but kind of a shame that the TMNT have been stuck in that same box with everything else.

edit: Just a shout out to that other turtle person who looks like he's wondering what is wrong with kids these days. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-13-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:38 AM   #17
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Just dropping in to say this was one of my favourite episodes so far (have only just seen it).

Story, humour, animation and art, the faces were BRILLIANT. Mikey becomes like the leader of the Lost Boys at the end!

Bumping into the Foot who had a grudge. Raph trying to free Mayhem with pure brute force.

Love this series and this episode was great.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #18
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Fun fact I got from twitter apparently there is a hidden joke in this episode for people who understand latin or bats

So Chiroptera means winged humanoid and is also the name of the order for bats and Mor's means death an Latin so it translate to "The Death of Winged Humanoids"

https://twitter.com/Fynagle/status/1207349560433160192
Old 12-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #19
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I said it before, I'll say it again.

I DISLIKE the Rise Donatello, Snotty, entitled SOB that he is. I was rooting for the Dragons.

Speaking of the Purple Dragons, am I the only one who looks at Kendra and sees a LOT of 2003 Angel in her?

Old 12-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #20
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
I said it before, I'll say it again.

I DISLIKE the Rise Donatello, Snotty, entitled SOB that he is. I was rooting for the Dragons.

How is Rise Donatello entitled snotty I get but I don't see him entitled