Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:46 PM   #22
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Spoiler:
"I had to kill some kids, I had to kill some kids, Morty. 'Cuz I'm the best in the clan, not that other guy. *burp* Me."
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:48 PM   #23
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

interesting issue

Spoiler:
what's in there?

only what you take with you.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:05 PM   #24
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quite a wild issue this one; reminded me a bit of the first appearance of Rat King when he messed with Splinter and Leo. Also looking forward to
Spoiler:
Dark Leo
returning in some form.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:06 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

It does bring up a bit of a weakness I've noticed in Sophie's writing. She has this weird tendency to show these sorts of flashbacks or visions of dramatic events that happened previously, which ultimately doesn't add anything to those previous events or inform current ones that much. It's not exactly a unique flaw to her, I have noticed that lesser Spider-Man writers tend to use flashbacks to Uncle Ben or Gwen Stacy's deaths as a crutch for drama, instead of building up their own dramatic scenarios.

If you couldn't tell, I think this issue seems to serve more as a recap, a vague and kind of confusing recap that is.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:14 PM   #26
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It does bring up a bit of a weakness I've noticed in Sophie's writing. She has this weird tendency to show these sorts of flashbacks or visions of dramatic events that happened previously, which ultimately doesn't add anything to those previous events or inform current ones that much. It's not exactly a unique flaw to her, I have noticed that lesser Spider-Man writers tend to use flashbacks to Uncle Ben or Gwen Stacy's deaths as a crutch for drama, instead of building up their own dramatic scenarios.

If you couldn't tell, I think this issue seems to serve more as a recap, a vague and kind of confusing recap that is.
I think in this case it was mostly to quickly bridge the gap between last issue's events and the team joining Saki for training rather than lingering on it for too long.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:19 PM   #27
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

this issue reminded me of the ep the darkness within
Old 07-27-2022, 04:23 PM   #28
mrmaczaps
Banned

This issue could have been like 4 pages & still told the same story. IDW is never going to replace Campbell. I really should just quit reading it. sigh
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:40 PM   #29
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
This issue could have been like 4 pages & still told the same story. IDW is never going to replace Campbell. I really should just quit reading it. sigh
What? Replace Campbell? But…But without her, it’ll go back to being TMNT instead a furry version of “Jem”! They can’t do that!
Old 07-27-2022, 05:59 PM   #30
Allio
Foot Elite

So do we have an idea of Armeggedon’s reading order so far?

I assume for the most part it’s going to be back and forth, but I guess as of right now it’s Opening Moves 1 and 2, Free comic book days and whatever happens next
Old 07-27-2022, 06:36 PM   #31
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So do we have an idea of Armeggedon’s reading order so far?

I assume for the most part it’s going to be back and forth, but I guess as of right now it’s Opening Moves 1 and 2, Free comic book days and whatever happens next
So far it's as follows: Annual'22 > FCBD'22 > OM1-2 > 131-132. After that I believe it's going to be roughly in the order that each issue releases across the event.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:38 PM   #32
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Well, rather than confront Shredder with her anger, Alopex instead confronted the turtles and wrote herself out of the current plotline. Super.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:15 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really liked Alopex not going along with Shredder and fit her character after everything that's happened. It's kind of weird to me the rest of the Turtles are willing to go along with him so easily (he killed them all after all), when in reality Leonardo should be the only one.

Rest of the issue was ok, basically a filler issue and a hint of things to come. Some proportions of the Turtles in the art was weird though. Like Don was drawn really small in some panels, and the other Turtles too thin. It's hard to describe into words but if you look at all the pages you'll see what I mean.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:14 PM   #34
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really liked Alopex not going along with Shredder and fit her character after everything that's happened. It's kind of weird to me the rest of the Turtles are willing to go along with him so easily (he killed them all after all), when in reality Leonardo should be the only one.

Rest of the issue was ok, basically a filler issue and a hint of things to come. Some proportions of the Turtles in the art was weird though. Like Don was drawn really small in some panels, and the other Turtles too thin. It's hard to describe into words but if you look at all the pages you'll see what I mean.
Art has not been a strong point in this series much at all. I think Ben Bates is the one artists I've fully enjoyed and Bishart, despite not doing more of the main series... I know I'm one of the few that doesn't care for Santoluco's (spelling?) Turtles... his humans are great and the other mutants, but I just don't like the gumdrop heads he gives them. I really want another ongoing but with the guys from Mirage doing the art... do a Mirage vol 5 sort of thing. Pick up a few years post vol 4 & roll with it. Aliens exist, the bros are apart... maybe still have Donnie action figure sized & just pick up various loose threads and go.... Lawson & Lavigne helming it would be spectacular along with Dooney covers.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:03 AM   #35
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really liked Alopex not going along with Shredder and fit her character after everything that's happened.
No, I agree with that. I was just hoping for an actual confrontation with him, rather than her taking it out on the turtles. And by "hoping" I mean I've been waiting for it to happen ever since Shredder was revived lol. Buuuuut Jennika basically stole the "former foot soldier" plotline from her so I guess it's just destined to never happen.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:55 AM   #36
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

actually i'm wondering if kitsune is going to try and visit alopex with the turtles away and try to form a "mother/daughter" relationship. not saying it'll work and there won't be a huge fight with blades at each other's throats and home's getting wreaked but i do see it being tried.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:02 AM   #37
Allio
Foot Elite

Hope something comes out of Alopex. She hasn’t done anything since the trip to Alaska. Honestly I feel like that should have been her “I through with all this brainwash/manipulation BS” and retired there.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:45 AM   #38
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
So far it's as follows: Annual'22 > FCBD'22 > OM1-2 > 131-132. After that I believe it's going to be roughly in the order that each issue releases across the event.
Given how 130 ended and 131 opens wouldn't the annual fit better before the Frogs/Venus arc?

I guess it could technically fit between the "before" (which immediately follows 130) and the "now" of the Turtles training with Saki, but that would seem to overly complicate things if it could fit before the last arc just as easily. Especially as Opening Moves, based on the first issue, runs parallel to 129/130 (after Shredder meets astral Don & Venus to, presumably, when he approaches Leo)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:18 AM   #39
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Given how 130 ended and 131 opens wouldn't the annual fit better before the Frogs/Venus arc?

I guess it could technically fit between the "before" (which immediately follows 130) and the "now" of the Turtles training with Saki, but that would seem to overly complicate things if it could fit before the last arc just as easily. Especially as Opening Moves, based on the first issue, runs parallel to 129/130 (after Shredder meets astral Don & Venus to, presumably, when he approaches Leo)
Good points. I'll need to reread the annual to see where it fits better.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:25 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does seem like a story is missing, Regenta went with the Turtles in the previous issue and this issue there's no mention of her at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote