The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 05:18 AM   #1
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

John Du Prez score on Spotify

A lot of you might already notice this but I just found this second that the full John Du Prez score for TMNT 1990 is on Spotify.

I could be behind the times here, but as far as I ever heard only the soundtrack was officially released previously? (eg 9.95 and songs like that)

I could be way out, but that's my take on it.

Anyway, listening to 'Raphael in Trouble' really hits me in the nostalgia feels!!

Side note - I know the score is on YouTube, but I wasn't aware of it existing in any official capacity. The Spotify album says 2020 (in terms of release/availability).

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
A lot of you might already notice this but I just found this second that the full John Du Prez score for TMNT 1990 is on Spotify.

I could be behind the times here, but as far as I ever heard only the soundtrack was officially released previously? (eg 9.95 and songs like that)

I could be way out, but that's my take on it.

Anyway, listening to 'Raphael in Trouble' really hits me in the nostalgia feels!!

Side note - I know the score is on YouTube, but I wasn't aware of it existing in any official capacity. The Spotify album says 2020 (in terms of release/availability).
Cool find. I like to think it's all part of the ramp-up to a release of the director's cut in 4k later this year.

I like to think.

Edit: Now I'm listening. "Tatsu Attack" is just so cool. "Time to go back" gives me chills, from the mix of music and nostalgia.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-20-2020 at 09:54 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The score was first released a year or so ago on vinyl from Waxwork Records. They later released it on CD and then earlier this year, the album made it to digital platforms, including iTunes and Amazon Music.

According to Du Prez, the reason it took so long for it to see a commercial release was as it turned out, he was the only person who had the materials needed to create one. He created the mix himself and extended/shortened some cues to create a better listening experience, which is why the Sewer Surfin' track is longer than in the film.

Apparently, he also wrote some liner notes, which according to him weren't included. (I own the iTunes version, so I can't confirm.)
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Cool find and trivia, indeed! Now if only he could release his music for Weird Al’s UHF... XDD

Tangents aside, listened to the opening music this morning, and I remember doing a rearrangement of the titles music earlier on.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite

Online you say? (looks left and right) Dim dim dem dum...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

It's on Apple Music too in case anyone was wondering.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:17 AM   #7
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Edit: Now I'm listening. "Tatsu Attack" is just so cool. "Time to go back" gives me chills, from the mix of music and nostalgia.
Yeah, yesterday when I was listening I just couldn't stop grinning when listening to it, the whole movie was playing out in my head.

My favourites are "Crime Fighters"...all I ever hear in my head is when Raph shows the thugs his Sai and goes "uh-huh" and then when the music switches to "what are you...some sort of green punker"

The other(s) are "Raphael in Trouble" and "Huge Fight". All I can hear for Raph in Trouble is Casey tuning his radio in and for Huge Fight...."Keep practising!".

Such a top top film score. TMNT 1990 really was a perfect storm.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:27 AM   #8
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
The score was first released a year or so ago on vinyl from Waxwork Records. They later released it on CD and then earlier this year, the album made it to digital platforms, including iTunes and Amazon Music.

According to Du Prez, the reason it took so long for it to see a commercial release was as it turned out, he was the only person who had the materials needed to create one. He created the mix himself and extended/shortened some cues to create a better listening experience, which is why the Sewer Surfin' track is longer than in the film.

Apparently, he also wrote some liner notes, which according to him weren't included. (I own the iTunes version, so I can't confirm.)
Nice info, thanks. I just had a thought, would any of the tracks have been slowed down or speeded up? the only reason I say that is because to my ear (could be wrong) when the baby turtle says "Radical Radical" it sounds different to how it's heard in the film? Different tone or actor? Or slowed or speeded up? Dunno...

Old 04-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #9
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Nice info, thanks. I just had a thought, would any of the tracks have been slowed down or speeded up? the only reason I say that is because to my ear (could be wrong) when the baby turtle says "Radical Radical" it sounds different to how it's heard in the film? Different tone or actor? Or slowed or speeded up? Dunno...
IIRC that's how it sounded on the original soundtrack album. I've always wondered about that myself.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #10
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Ahh, I love this score. My Raphael variant of the Waxwork Records vinyl release is still one of my prized possessions in my record collection. I can't wait for the Secret of the Ooze score to drop soon.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #11
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

This score is gold. I just bought it on iTunes and listen to Tatsu Attack on repeat.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Sweet find. I rewatched the movie recently and forgot how great the soundtrack is.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:37 PM   #13
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I was just randomly looking around on Spotify and found it on my own, and came here to post it. Glad others found it already!!

Wow this is great to have in my Spotify rotation. I've been in love with the service for years now and gladly pay the monthly fee. Having infinite music with no ads at your fingertips, it's heaven. So many great game and movie scores too.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote