The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

NECA 1/4 Scale 90's Movie Splinter & Casey Jones

As speculated, Randy from NECA confirmed in Pixel Dan's most recent video that the 1990 1/4th scale movie line will continue with Splinter and Casey Jones. Discussion timestamp linked below.

Only thing that was really discussed was that they are currently in the works and retooling/refining it for scaling purposes. Won't be released until 2021.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
As speculated, Randy from NECA confirmed in Pixel Dan's most recent video that the 1990 1/4th scale movie line will continue with Splinter and Casey Jones. Discussion timestamp linked below.

Only thing that was really discussed was that they are currently in the works and retooling/refining it for scaling purposes. Won't be released until 2021.
Yeah, nothing really exciting, we heard that last time at Toy Fair also. I'm glad 1/4 Splinter is happening but it's taking them forever. I'm an adult, they shouldn't let me wait on a figure for years.

However they better make him with real fur material instead of upscaling the 7" version to a 1/4 figure with some cheap plastic.

The 7" don't do it for me and is it me or is that Casey Jones figure not very good? Those weird elbow joints, no real extra head (try harder Neca).

I don't care about the SOTO, diorama and vehicle stuff. I'm not a freak and don't want too much you know.

I would be cool if cartoon Splinter comes with the Rennaissance book that is pictured. Seeing all the accessoires Leatherhead comes with is nice. I have nothing with Metalhead and I won't buy him but that box is crazy good. Almost a pity to get the figure out.

But Neca has to stop teasing over and over again and must release the figures more quicker. We have seen and heard everything already before the virus...It's like a children treatment imo
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

I don't know, you seem a bit inpatient to me, to be honest. I would try to take the wait for more figures less personally and remind yourself that it's a business with every intention of taking your money as soon as it is viable for them.

I like your accessory suggestions. A renaissance book would be neat. Maybe a broken canister of ooze as well.

I'm going to continue to do my own critiquing when it comes to pizza as an accessory. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the accessories is the pizza that lands on Splinter's head after Leonardo cuts it up. Also tired of pizza used as a joke in the TMNT lore. I used to consider the turtles love of pizza a pretty harmless addition to the franchise, but it's pretty tiresome at this point. The constant jokes about CrAzY toppings, the fart jokes, etc. Just...let it go.

Now that I'm fully sidetracked, I'll take this opportunity to praise Ryan Reynolds for completely and blatantly ignoring the whole "chimichanga" running gag for the Deadpool films. I could never see the comedic value in a Mexican dish being a punchline.

Last edited by AquaParade; 05-06-2020 at 10:25 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #4
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don't know, you seem a bit inpatient to me, to be honest. I would try to take the wait for more figures less personally and remind yourself that it's a business with every intention of taking your money as soon as it is viable for them.

I like your accessory suggestions. A renaissance book would be neat. Maybe a broken canister of ooze as well.

I'm going to continue to do my own critiquing when it comes to pizza as an accessory. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the accessories is the pizza that lands on Splinter's head after Leonardo cuts it up. Also tired of pizza used as a joke in the TMNT lore. I used to consider the turtles love of pizza a pretty harmless addition to the franchise, but it's pretty tiresome at this point. The constant jokes about CrAzY toppings, the fart jokes, etc. Just...let it go.

Now that I'm fully sidetracked, I'll take this opportunity to praise Ryan Reynolds for completely and blatantly ignoring the whole "chimichanga" running gag for the Deadpool films. I could never saw the comedic value in a Mexican dish being a punchline.
But man, I waited on 1/4 Splinter after the release of Michelangelo! I prefer Splinter over Shredder and I live in the Netherlands so if it's released I still have to wait a long time before I have it in hand. And they have given all that 7" stuff priority while it's inferior to the 1/4 imo

Couldn't agree with you more about the pizza and other "frivolous and immature" stuff. Let that time please be over and I cannot see a pizza accessory anymore.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #5
Bluelightsaber
Thug

I definitely wouldn't buy a Casey without an unmasked look.
Bluelightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:35 AM   #6
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I'm an adult, they shouldn't let me wait on a figure for years.

However they better make him with real fur material instead of upscaling the 7" version to a 1/4 figure with some cheap plastic.
For an adult, you sure sound like an entitled little prick to me...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:56 AM   #7
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
For an adult, you sure sound like an entitled little prick to me...
Ahhh nice, provoking.

It's OK to kiss Neca's butt and call me a prick when I give my opinion. Very mature, keep going!
Old 05-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #8
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

As far as the 1/4th scale figures go, I think I'm good with ending my collection with the four Turtles and Shredder. I've since got every 7" figure release from GameStop and honestly, I'm even considering skipping the Casey Jones/Raph 2-pack.

I'm all over those Foot Soldier army building 2-pack and Tokka and Rahzar though.

I wonder if they continue to create more 1/4th scale figures ... who they'll be? Tokka and Rahzar seem nuts and impossible in that scale.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #9
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Ahhh nice, provoking.

It's OK to kiss Neca's butt and call me a prick when I give my opinion. Very mature, keep going!
Who's kissing NECA's arse? Certainly not me. But by all means, continue demanding that a huge toy company cater exclusively to you and your tastes.

You're not just a prick, you're a f*cking moron too.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

I don't think the Casey looks as great as he could. The joints do stand out.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #11
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Who's kissing NECA's arse? Certainly not me. But by all means, continue demanding that a huge toy company cater exclusively to you and your tastes.

You're not just a prick, you're a f*cking moron too.
Thank you for your opinion. Not that I asked for it but yet again a really mature post. Great contribution to the topic.

Are you done now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don't think the Casey looks as great as he could. The joints do stand out.
Exactly! All this anticipation and after two years, this is it... Scanty if you ask me. And to get him new, you gotta buy the same Raphael again, just with a small trenchcoat, what should have been an accessoire of the first Raphael. Ridiculous.

I started as a big fan of Neca but these cheap selling games and the continuesly teasing and long wait made me loose interest in their stuff.

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 05-07-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #12
Bluelightsaber
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
As far as the 1/4th scale figures go, I think I'm good with ending my collection with the four Turtles and Shredder. I've since got every 7" figure release from GameStop and honestly, I'm even considering skipping the Casey Jones/Raph 2-pack.

I'm all over those Foot Soldier army building 2-pack and Tokka and Rahzar though.

I wonder if they continue to create more 1/4th scale figures ... who they'll be? Tokka and Rahzar seem nuts and impossible in that scale.
Foot 2 pack? Movie style?
Bluelightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #13
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelightsaber View Post
Foot 2 pack? Movie style?
Yep! Randy mentioned that's something they'll be selling this year too.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:11 PM   #14
cloud
Stone Warrior

I'm pretty much out of space for 1/4 figures but I'm all in for those beautiful toys. I'll continue to collect the line. 1/4 Splinter, Casey, April , Tokka, Razar, etc. Those will be amazing!

I'm all for keeping Splinter fully sculpted. Don't want fur, won't look good for what NECA can do, what people are willing to pay.
I'm fine with Casey having his mask on. That's what it's meant to display anyways. Maybe down the lane we may get an unmasked Casey Jones. Who knows.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote