The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #81
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I think one of the catalysts might be that this place seems... I don't know, undermoderated these days? I see Jester here and once in a while Voltron, but like... almost never anybody else. That's not to throw dirt on any of the mods at all... there's scads more important going on in any of their lives than this place, I'm sure... but I may be misremembering, but there seemed to have been more of these conversations that get out of hand being nipped in the bud before they became too terrible back in the day.
i don't remember it being as crazy back in the day. only in the last 5 years or so where it got to the point i left for a while.

Only a few people I would think could benefit from a membership revoking, and i think the place would run a little smoother that way. one reason why i'm glad i'm not mod of a forum. It's easy to sit back and make decisions when you're not responsible for them . glad my forums are not still around these days. oy.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:32 PM   #82
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah...i can't argue with this post 1 bit...
Yeah, I agree with this as well. I"m usually in lurk mode when I stop in, but life has kept me very busy and away from the fandom.

Unfortunately, some of the items that have to be taken care of are only at an administrative level (translation: above my head). We can take care of battles and help with technical issues regarding threads, but the moderator team isn't what is used to be...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:34 AM   #83
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

There is I think some toxicity in these forums, but it's not that bad when it comes down to it. I know back a few years ago when the "movie" came out I thought things were downright awful. I didn't stop to think that Andrew and others knew what they were talking about when they called some forum users "plants". I just took it as a personal attack on people that might actually like the movie. Now, the PD movies are VERY much guilty pleasures for me but the movies themselves are hardly defensible and I have no desire to attempt to.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #84
pferreira
Foot Elite

Oh boy, not sure what to say here without offending certain users. From Andrew's screen captures I do really agree with AJ Zipper and definitely Austin Darrell. I've been the victim of various abuse here for liking something I shouldn't or finding something worthy so I get shamed or made fun of through gifs as in I'm some kind of mental patient with limited Internet access or in one case get personal details leaked. I don't see how this is me pretending to being a victim guys. If the forum's bad reputation is spilling outside then some users here need to look at how they are conducting themselves towards others. We're all fans of TMNT at the end of the day so why can't the fans just get along and respect each other? I mean its such an easy rule to forget that we'd like to be treated as we do to others. Not too much to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's like the internet in general these days though. People always having to be "right" or be an ass toward others for an opinon they don't agree with creates a vicious circle however.
I think the problem is when someone isn't allowed an opinion. I personally would never
say someone's opinion is rubbish because they don't like what I like while shaming them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
In truth? This board is as toxic as cyanide. But you can survive here. If you lay low, keep your mouth shut, block the people who you just can't get along with, only post in threads you want to have a discussion in, and bail on a discussion when a thread turns into a toxic argument, and you'll be just fine.
I really need to take you advise there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
You equating feminism with toxicity is itself toxic and it's why I can't ****ing stand you
The idea of feminism isn't toxic, it's the current state of it that is mostly corrupt. There are some genuine individuals but the loudest voices are people like Anita Sarkeesian or neatoman's video links presenting Big Red that get heard the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Why?
I believe, if you have nothing to say, then it's better to say nothing at all, rather flood every topic with "whatever" thoughts.
I never understood why people troll parts of the forum like the General Forum when they have no interest in something related to that. Or leave comments in the FW forum posts like "who cares, it's the FW series" I mean why waste your time doing that? I haven't got much enthusiasm for the fan fiction or Nick sections but I don't go troll there. I think some responsibility and maturity is needed.

Last edited by pferreira; 11-09-2017 at 04:21 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
There is I think some toxicity in these forums, but it's not that bad when it comes down to it. I know back a few years ago when the "movie" came out I thought things were downright awful. I didn't stop to think that Andrew and others knew what they were talking about when they called some forum users "plants".
But they weren't forum users. They were PLANTS! There's a thread somewhere in the PD subforum where I exposed the hive of them.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #86
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But they weren't forum users. They were PLANTS! There's a thread somewhere in the PD subforum where I exposed the hive of them.
Yeah I remember that. It was weird. I mean I enjoyed the 2 PD turtle movies, but I knew they were junk when I saw them. Still better than TMNT (07) ugh

I dunno man, this place is pretty mild IMO, but then again I've lurked through some garbage at 4Chan and some old Marvel forums so I dunno, probably just desensitized. I don't post as much mainly because I don't find it as fun as I did before. I get a chuckle every now and then but not like before. Like I still read the comics and play the old video games but I don't really care about talking about it with other people that have already pretty much heard it all before and are already set in their ways I guess. Plus I haven't watched the latest 2 seasons of the NIck show so there's less discussion material, I don't collect as much figures anymore and some members here are pretty insufferable, and a lot of the people I enjoyed interacting with are either banned or just left so yeah.
Booty sigs were dumb, and buslady was ok, just a bit up tight in that respect.
I do miss Goku though, that guy was a trip
Old 11-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #87
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
And I know that now. Just back then I had no idea something like that happens. TMNT is really the only forum I've ever spent any serious time with. I just saw it as flaming overenthusiastic fans at the time. It was ignorance on my part.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:08 AM   #88
sdp
-

Quote:
someone link that thread, I missed all that drama
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #89
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm still not convinced we even had plants to begin with, personally.

Were a bunch of new accounts made who were excited for the new movie around the time the new movie was about to come out? Sure. Did they defend the new movie? Yep. Are any around nowadays? Nope. This is all still very extremely circumstancial "evidence" to go by.

When marketing begins for a new movie, it's going to by design usher in new fans to the fandom. Those that come here, fresh off new interest from trailers, will very likely want to talk about that specifically since that's what rekindled their interest. Why did they leave? Well, disgregard everything someone posts and shout PLAAAAAANT at them long enough, see how long anyone will stick around.

Unless I missed something, I still don't see any concrete proof that we had plants.

As for whether or not the fandom is toxic, ehhh... Not really. I mean, certain users are going to come off more brash and less reasonable than others, but that's not exactly toxic. It's just an odd fandom to be apart of since the franchise is rich with a wide range stories ranging from mature graphic novels to live rock concerts.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:31 PM   #90
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post

Were a bunch of new accounts made who were excited for the new movie around the time the new movie was about to come out? Sure. Did they defend the new movie? Yep. Are any around nowadays? Nope. This is all still very extremely circumstancial "evidence" to go by.
You've missed key threads, then. A gang of people who all joined at the exact same time who were all Friends (if you view their profile) with one another in-forum who all post and react to others in exactly the same tone to exactly the same end... that's what the Drome was hit with, at the precise time the OotS marketing machine was revving up and concluded at the precise time it no longer made any more fiscal sense to continue. It is quantifiable.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-13-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:23 AM   #91
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I did miss that, yeah.

It's still not concrete but makes a stronger case.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:46 AM   #92
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Considering that the plant/shill shouts are what people usually yell out just to drown out people they disagree with, I'm inclined to agree.

The only "evidence" I saw here was as flimsy as toilet paper on taco day.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #93
Powder
So tired of this place

We 100% did in fact have plants. Not as many as Andrew believes, but a handful or more were confirmed by having matching IP addresses when banned.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #94
Vegita-San
Emperor

I sometimes wonder who the plants are in ghostbuster fandom. alot of those people talked and reacted the same way to bad movies too..just as our plants did.

and then vanished from the communities without a trace as soon as the promotional period ended.

apparently the only way to promote a bad movie is to be a jerk online and cause division. i will never understand that tactic.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #95
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Or specifically this board? I don't think there is at all but I had a very strange discussion today on Facebook.

Where do you guys come down on this? Am I way off?

what the **** is she talking about?

SHE'S toxic!
Old 11-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #96
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
apparently the only way to promote a bad movie is to be a jerk online and cause division. i will never understand that tactic.
There is no such thing as "bad PR" for the project.

Any noise is a good noise, whether it is some kind of political controversy, death of the actor or something like that. Anything that attracts attention - is a good thing in the eyes of those people. Even if in the end it doesn't help gather enough money.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #97
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
what the **** is she talking about?

SHE'S toxic!
Nah, she just appreciates her free time more than some of us do.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:32 AM   #98
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Nah, she just appreciates her free time more than some of us do.
i've had her once comment on a post i made on a FB group.

her reply was a bit pretentious. don't really care for her.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #99
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i've had her once comment on a post i made on a FB group.

her reply was a bit pretentious. don't really care for her.
That's one over on me.
I don't know her at all.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #100
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's one over on me.
I don't know her at all.
i don't actually KNOW know her.

but my interacts with her on that FB Group didn't make a very good impression.

i found it very ironic that she of all people should be talking toxicity.

guess anyone that doesn't share her similar views must be toxic?

Tags
i_need_a_adult, sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity