Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 06:30 AM   #4061
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Were they speaking with their real voices or their character voices in the show? Because if it's the latter, Michelangelo is going to sound like a typical black guy in this show.
Being a "black guy" myself, I don't take offense to it. But just be mindful next time, Cubed.

Anyway, if you watch the official teaser, he's definitely using a different voice. It's a bit more high-pitched.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #4062
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The cast is my favourite thing about this show so far, and of every animated tmnt show. They always do such a great job at bringing the characters to life.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:09 AM   #4063
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The cast is my favourite thing about this show so far, and of every animated tmnt show. They always do such a great job at bringing the characters to life.
It's better to wait for the show to release before determining that.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #4064
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
If you watch the video, it's just exactly the way Michelangelo's VA says his lines. That's why I didn't mention Raph's VA, because while he sounds like a "tough guy" voice, that's all it is. But that may not be their "TMNT voices" and just speaking with their real life voices, only reason I am confused is because the guy who places Leo (or is it Don on the left?) sounds like he's using his TMNT voice and not his real voice.
Why does it matter?

And why can't you use their real names?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #4065
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know their real names, it takes awhile for me to memorize voice actor names. I know the 2012 voices, Sean Astin, Greg Cipes, Rob Paulsen, Seth Green, etc....but only after reading about them for so long.

I'll probably learn the 2018 cartoon's VA names as I keep reading them on forums as years go on.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #4066
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Do we know when the show is premiering? In the Fall I'm guessing?When do the figures come out? It's just that we've seen so much stuff already I feel like it comes out soon.

SDCC preview of the first episode?
Old 04-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #4067
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The problem is with online streaming, ratings and viewership don't really matter much nowadays either. Kids don't watch shows on TV as much as they used to, there's a reason so many shows are streamed online instead these days.
Rick McCallum actually discussed this about a decade ago when talking about the Star Wars live action series, about how the whole US rating system is out of date and false but TV companies can't admit it as their whole revenue system is based on selling ad space. This was one of the issues with financing what would have been a expensive series.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #4068
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Rise of the TMNT is going to have a special Splatfest May 4th and the battle will be for Rah vs Leo. I'm going to have to fight for Leo even if I think I'll be in the losing side.

There's also going to be special gear of all 4 turtles available, I wonder if we'll get to buy them at the shop or if it'll only be that specific event's t-shirts that are limited time.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #4069
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Rise of the TMNT is going to have a special Splatfest May 4th and the battle will be for Rah vs Leo. I'm going to have to fight for Leo even if I think I'll be in the losing side.

There's also going to be special gear of all 4 turtles available, I wonder if we'll get to buy them at the shop or if it'll only be that specific event's t-shirts that are limited time.
They will start with Raph vs Leo. And then later they will do Don vs Mikey
Old 04-26-2018, 12:29 PM   #4070
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I don't why, but I'm getting really tired of the turtles being put against each other.
I know it's just a game, but still
Old 04-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #4071
CyberCubed
Overlord

What? It's a Splatoon game, the Turtles don't actually appear in it, it's just a promotion.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #4072
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
What? It's a Splatoon game, the Turtles don't actually appear in it, it's just a promotion.
The Splatoon games are 3rd person shooters. where the object of the game is to try to get as much paint in the areas as much as possible. by the end of the match. They determine how much of the area is covered in the paint your representing.

The Splatfest is an event where they have a something vs something. and the players would choose which side they wanna represent. and help that side win.

They done some events where they had some well known properties or things being represented. This time its TMNT. So they will have 3 weekends where players will play for Team Leo or Team Raph on the 1st weekend. In the 2nd weekend they will have Team Don vs Team Mikey. Whoever wins in the Leo vs Raph and Don vs Mikey matches. Will face in the 3rd weekend of this.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 04-26-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #4073
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's cool, so it's like getting three splatfests that month instead of only one? Or do the 3 weekends count as only 1 splatfest?
Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #4074
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
This article (sort of) implies otherwise.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #4075
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I’m referring to the idea in general. The game just made me think about it.
Raph vs Leo bothers me the most.
I guess because it's been overplayed.

Last edited by Xiewin; 04-26-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #4076
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Where does it imply the turtles would appear?

I would love to see the TMNT in Splatoon but I doubt Viacom is paying for the 3D models, at most maybe we can see a picture of the TMNT during the Splatoon concert at Inkopolis but that's about it.

I do like that when they choose fictional characters Splatoon chooses marine inspired ones, previously it was Sponge Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I’m referring to the idea in general. The game just made me think about it.
Raph vs Leo bothers me the most.
I guess because it's been overplayed.
Raph and Leo are the most popular, if it wasn't Raph vs Leo in the first round it would've been Raph vs Leo in the final Round.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:34 PM   #4077
Shark_Blade
Emperor

We’d be getting tmnt shirts for the Splatfest as well. That’s so cool.

The tmnt Splatfest on Splatoon 2 starts May 5th!

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/04/2....co/ZINPDOy1vb
Old 04-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #4078
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Raph and Leo are the most popular, if it wasn't Raph vs Leo in the first round it would've been Raph vs Leo in the final Round.

Idk, I always found popularity contests between the turtles just
Not in the game specifically.

It reminds me of the DC fandom with the annoying batman and superman comparisons.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #4079
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Idk, I always found popularity contests between the turtles just
Not in the game specifically.

It reminds me of the DC fandom with the annoying batman and superman comparisons.
It’s just for fun. Splatfest always have contest like (which comes first) egg or chicken, football or baseball, cake or ice cream etc. It generates buzz, fuel creativity (comments & artworks) and keep people talking.

The more people talk about tmnt the better. It’d attract new fans as well.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:00 PM   #4080
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Young teens of today are on twitter and tumblr, facebook is for old people.
How hilariously misinformed. Maybe not little kids, but teens to adults use Facebook.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters