The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #201
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So are there any more crossover plans when your little collaboration with DC is over?
Some possibilities, but nothing more than purely theoretical at this point.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #202
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Any chance of a Star Trek crossover in the future (or other IDW properties).

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #203
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
as a lifelong Star Wars fan who knows next to nothing about Star Trek (other than having seen the two new movies and like one episode of The Next Generation), I think that would be dope yo
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #204
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Some possibilities, but nothing more than purely theoretical at this point.
Hey Bobby, can I sticky your thread? Cause I'ma sticky your thread. *sticks*

On the subject of crossovers, has IDW ever explored the possibility of crossing the Turtles over with the Gargoyles?

Back when that show was on, it felt like a natural fit for the two properties to complement the other, even being from two different companies. Perhaps it's the shadows and darkness, the ambience of the night they share, but it would also be a lot of fun to have seen Saki and Zanatos attempt to broker a deal.

Another Q if I may A: In the Shredder micro, we got to see the future with a cybernetic-looking Shredder reigning supreme over a land of mutated monsters..with his departure from the physical realm, does that render that future, and the one the Turtles visited, altered? Or is that an untold tale?

Speaking of Tales, when is IDW going to take the plunge and allow the Turtles a semblance of the indie days by reviving Tales under a banner that has creators from across the industry a chance to tell us a story? They don't have to be in continuity. Perhaps experiment with a biannual or quarterly? Maybe even convince Remender to have another go at a Turtle story, or bring T-Rex and Paul Harmon back together!

Thanks for rocking, Bobby!

Last edited by Venom; 01-19-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #205
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
or bring T-Rex and Paul Harmon back together!
yes plz. this plz.

Quote:
also this.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #206
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Speaking of Tales, when is IDW going to take the plunge and allow the Turtles a semblance of the indie days by reviving Tales under a banner that has creators from across the industry a chance to tell us a story? They don't have to be in continuity. Perhaps experiment with a biannual or quarterly? Maybe even convince Remender to have another go at a Turtle story, or bring T-Rex and Paul Harmon back together!
I've had this thought myself. I'd love to see more stuff like the 30th Anniversary Special, where creators from different times in TMNT history would be able to tell new stories with the characters outside of IDW continuity. I've done my fair share of grousing about Eastman's artistic involvement with the IDW series, but I would love to see new TMNT work from him outside of the IDW universe context. And of course, a collab between Eastman and Laird would be an absolute dream come true. I would also love love LOVE to see more work from Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon. Their Tales run was the crown jewel of post-relaunch Mirage.

(This is more fan suggestion than question, but oh well )

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #207
bushido
Stone Warrior

I wonder if Paramount commissioned a comic book adaptation of the recent movies or are they unaware that it's also a comic and not just a cartoon from the 80s? By the way did the production contacted you at some point?

Last edited by bushido; 01-20-2016 at 11:16 AM.
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #208
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
No plans for TMNT/Star Trek. Can't speak to ST plans beyond that, I don't know.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #209
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Bobby, any chance of the neutrinoes popping up again soon? And any chances for a second tmnt ongoing?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #210
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Hey Bobby, can I sticky your thread? Cause I'ma sticky your thread. *sticks*

On the subject of crossovers, has IDW ever explored the possibility of crossing the Turtles over with the Gargoyles?

Another Q if I may A: In the Shredder micro, we got to see the future with a cybernetic-looking Shredder reigning supreme over a land of mutated monsters..with his departure from the physical realm, does that render that future, and the one the Turtles visited, altered? Or is that an untold tale?

No plans for TMNT/Gargoyles. Keep in mind that with these types of crossover questions I would have to answer the same even if there WERE plans in the works-- I can't announce publishing plans here. So i'm going to have to go with a generic "no plans" answer on all things that would be major announcements, regardless of the truth of the matter. Something to keep in mind. (but for this one time I'll say that there definitely aren't any plans for these crossovers at this time, promise!)

We'll explore the concept of altered timelines later in the year, so stay tuned.

Hoping that current plans will allow for elements along the lines of what you are speaking of in this third question. Again, gotta be vague.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #211
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
I wonder if Paramount commissioned a comic book adaptation of the recent movies or are they unaware that it's also a comic and not just a cartoon from the 80s? By the way did the production contacted you at some point?
For the first movie, Tom and I drove up to LA to read a draft of the script (what the actual film ended up being was a bit different). At the time IDW had not had great success with movie-tie-in books, so there wasn't a great pressure for us to do something on either side. Tom and I didn't think there was a lot of creative opportunity for us to do something on the comic side, so we declined to do anything with the movie.

Nothing has come up since, we haven't been contacted or read the script for the second film, you guys probably know more about it than I do.

Fun story though, Tom and I completely plotted the Northampton story arc during that ride up to LA. Fond memories!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #212
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Bobby, any chance of the neutrinoes popping up again soon? And any chances for a second tmnt ongoing?
There are definite plans for the Neutrinos, but probably not what you'd consider "soon". Not in this calendar year.

After Batman/TMNT we'll see a return to a "sister book". What exactly the format and duration of that book might be, I can't get into.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #213
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
For the first movie, Tom and I drove up to LA to read a draft of the script (what the actual film ended up being was a bit different).
Was this the first script where they planned for the Turtles to be aliens in the movie, and Shredder was intended to be Eric Sachs rather than Oroku Saki? The whole movie had hasty re-writes (which is why the film turned out to be so lackluster, worst TMNT movie ever), and the original Blue Door script was posted online where the Turtles were in fact...written as aliens and Shredder was Eric Sachs and turned out to be an alien too.

I'm glad there isn't any movie tie-in comic especially if that means we lose a mini in the IDW universe.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #214
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was this the first script where they planned for the Turtles to be aliens in the movie, and Shredder was intended to be Eric Sachs rather than Oroku Saki? The whole movie had hasty re-writes (which is why the film turned out to be so lackluster, worst TMNT movie ever), and the original Blue Door script was posted online where the Turtles were in fact...written as aliens and Shredder was Eric Sachs and turned out to be an alien too.

I'm glad there isn't any movie tie-in comic especially if that means we lose a mini in the IDW universe.
I'm sure it's all old history and I could talk about it, but we did sign a non-disclosure about it, so i'll refrain from doing so, just in case. I think it was a draft somewhere in the middle of the rewrites.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #215
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Sacks wasn't in the Blue Door script that was Colonel Schrader.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #216
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've been re-reading the first year of IDW lately, and I know this has come up in the past, but has there been any talk about revisiting the human lives of the Turtles in Feudal Japan in a flashback issue? A lot of people are still curious what the Turtles human Japanese names were, something that still hasn't been revealed after all this time.

It also would be interesting to see how Yoshi and his sons survived in the mountains for a while before Saki eventually caught up to them and killed them. As I said I just re-read issue 5 so I'm just reminded how much I liked the reincarnation bit and am curious to see if their human lives will be revisited.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #217
MrTrikey
Thug

Quote:
Funny thing there is that I believe it's been stated that the Gargoyles actually hate pizza. If that wasn't a thing that'd quickly have the Turtles and "the Trio" at each other's throats, I don't know what would!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #218
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
I've been re-reading the first year of IDW lately, and I know this has come up in the past, but has there been any talk about revisiting the human lives of the Turtles in Feudal Japan in a flashback issue? A lot of people are still curious what the Turtles human Japanese names were, something that still hasn't been revealed after all this time.

It also would be interesting to see how Yoshi and his sons survived in the mountains for a while before Saki eventually caught up to them and killed them. As I said I just re-read issue 5 so I'm just reminded how much I liked the reincarnation bit and am curious to see if their human lives will be revisited.
That time of their lives is something that has been discussed and has potential to be revisited at some time.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #219
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

This is a longshot, but was there ever a pitch to make a more mature, animated adaptation of TMNT based on IDW? Would be so cool. ;_;
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #220
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
This is a longshot, but was there ever a pitch to make a more mature, animated adaptation of TMNT based on IDW? Would be so cool. ;_;
No, i've never heard anything along those lines.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz