The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #41
sdp
-

I don't want any returning characters, Shredder is fine because he's too big not to be used so I won't blame them but I hope he's only used sparringly and maybe made something of a huge threat, sort of like Slade after season 2 in Teen Titans.

I want all original characters and returning characters only the ones that have never returned before. We all got excited at characters like Mondo Gecko on the 2012 show since we hadn't seen them since the OT days. I don't want Mondo Gecko to return again, (I mean I do but) I'd rather have other OT mutants that didn't appear in any other incarnation since, The Next Mutation Rogues, some of those weird Mirage only villains, etc.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm sure the major TMNT characters will return. You'll see Baxter, Leatherhead, Rat King, etc.

You probably won't see obscure mutants because the new show is going to have new mutants.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #43
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm sure the major TMNT characters will return. You'll see Baxter, Leatherhead, Rat King, etc.

You probably won't see obscure mutants because the new show is going to have new mutants.
The only obscure mutants left are whoever wasn't brought back in 2012. Like Hot Spot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #44
sdp
-

Hot Spot was only a toy but id love to see toy only mutants make appearances, and Im sure there are some mutants that were never in 2012 but only in the OT, I just cant name any off the top of my head
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #45
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't want any returning characters, Shredder is fine because he's too big not to be used so I won't blame them but I hope he's only used sparringly and maybe made something of a huge threat, sort of like Slade after season 2 in Teen Titans.

I want all original characters and returning characters only the ones that have never returned before. We all got excited at characters like Mondo Gecko on the 2012 show since we hadn't seen them since the OT days. I don't want Mondo Gecko to return again, (I mean I do but) I'd rather have other OT mutants that didn't appear in any other incarnation since, The Next Mutation Rogues, some of those weird Mirage only villains, etc.
I 100% agree with you on that point. I don't want to see the Shredder, I don't want to see Krang, I don't want to see Baxter Stockman, Karai, Bebop, Rocksteady, or any of the other usual TMNT villains. I want to see Baron Draxum and his band of mutants, and maybe a few returned obscure characters, like Dragon Lord from Next Mutation.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

Put me on that list too. Let's get new & different, see what sticks.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

You will 100% see the Shredder, (in fact they already confirmed he's going to appear by saying "wait and see" in those interviews) and most likely other villains at some point. They're not going to make a whole new villain roster.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #48
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I 100% agree with you on that point. I don't want to see the Shredder, I don't want to see Krang, I don't want to see Baxter Stockman, Karai, Bebop, Rocksteady, or any of the other usual TMNT villains. I want to see Baron Draxum and his band of mutants, and maybe a few returned obscure characters, like Dragon Lord from Next Mutation.
The problems is only characters like Shredder, Krang-Kraang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Karai, Baxter Stockman, Leatherhead and the Rat King can carry entire seasons and series.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #49
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The problems is only characters like Shredder, Krang-Kraang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Karai, Baxter Stockman, Leatherhead and the Rat King can carry entire seasons and series.
Only I can carry entire seasons and series. Stockman Karai Rocksteady and Bebop has betrayed me too many times. Like Stockman did in the 2003 series when he try 2 times to kill me and then he started working for Bishop. Most revent example is 2012 Bebop and Rocksteady who also betray me but Tigerclaw too. Same for Krang. He betrayed me i both the 1987 cartton and IDW.
Only i with my foot ninjas can carry the series.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #50
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Only I can carry entire seasons and series. Stockman Karai Rocksteady and Bebop has betrayed me too many times. Like Stockman did in the 2003 series when he try 2 times to kill me and then he started working for Bishop. Most revent example is 2012 Bebop and Rocksteady who also betray me but Tigerclaw too. Same for Krang. He betrayed me i both the 1987 cartton and IDW.
Only i with my foot ninjas can carry the series.
John Bishop could easally carry seasons, but not entire series. The Kraang as in the Nickelodeon series could carry an entire series, but not alone.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #51
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

Which I'm completely fine with. In all honesty, the new villains are what interests me the most about this show. Meat Sweats is a very unique and disturbing concept, looks like a combination of Professor Pyg and Clayface. The Origami Ninja looks very creative.

The villains you mentioned and Shredder are fine enough but everyone else I'd prefer not to show up. As there's no point trying to please those who only grew up with FW and the 90s films that left the property afterwards. I just want them to do their own thing and whether it turns out well or not, it'll still get my respect for differentiating itself from FW.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post

The villains you mentioned and Shredder are fine enough but everyone else I'd prefer not to show up. As there's no point trying to please those who only grew up with FW and the 90s films that left the property afterwards. I just want them to do their own thing and whether it turns out well or not, it'll still get my respect for differentiating itself from FW.
The way I see it, the most iconic TMNT villains/characters who will probably show up at some point and are in almost every incarnation:

Shredder and the Foot
Karai
Baxter
Rat King
Leatherhead
Some form of Utroms, Krang, or the Kraang
Triceratons

They'll probably appear in the series at some point especially if the show goes on for multiple seasons. Everyone else is up in the air. I wonder if this series will be able to leave out Bebop/Rocksteady...but we'll see.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #53
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I wonder if this series will be able to leave out Bebop/Rocksteady...but we'll see.
Please, God. Please.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #54
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
The way I see it, the most iconic TMNT villains/characters who will probably show up at some point and are in almost every incarnation:

Shredder and the Foot
Karai
Baxter
Rat King
Leatherhead
Triceratons

They'll probably appear in the series at some point especially if the show goes on for multiple seasons. Everyone else is up in the air. I wonder if this series will be able to leave out Bebop/Rocksteady...but we'll see.
I just don't want them to be harassed by those who beg for FW characters to appear in the show.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #55
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

Shredder and the Foot
Karai
Baxter
Rat King
Leatherhead
Triceratons

1. Yup
  2. Yup
  3. Yup
  4. Yup
  5. Yup
  6. Certainly Krang, probably the Utroms and I seriously doubt the Kraang. The Kraang were such a dumb idea, trying to combine a character with his entire species is such a pointless change to make.
  7. Yup

As for Bebop and Rocksteady not showing up... I hope so, I don't like the idea of them being expected for every new version.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #56
Overlord

Bebop and Rocksteady

I think Bebop and Rocksteady could be just the names for two ordinary Purple Dragons, who stay human all the time.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think Bebop and Rocksteady could be just the names for two ordinary Purple Dragons, who stay human all the time.
Assuming we'll even have Purple Dragons that is.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #58
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Why would anyone want rock and bebop to be left out? They are awesome
Old 02-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #59
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Why would anyone want rock and bebop to be left out? They are awesome
In wich series?