The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Owari
Splinter's dead but it's still not the end of him. 16 27.12%
The Turtles are going through their teenage goth phase. 6 10.17%
Fishface being dirty when he said "I'll give you bass to mouth". 14 23.73%
So is Baxter going to become a cyborg next season. 4 6.78%
So who's ready for season 5. 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #141
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs615 View Post
So Splinter is REALLY dead this time around?!THIS ISN'T RIGHT!!!
I think he should stay dead now. Bringing him back a 2nd time would be a little silly.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 PM   #142
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Only just got round to watching this. I'm surprised Black Nerd Comedy hasn't done his recap video yet.
He was at a convention at the weekend so that's why his recap is late.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:15 AM   #143
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yep
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/836395058349948928

Anyways, Finally watched this episode, It was pretty strong and very action packed, Looking forward to Season 5.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #144
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Andre just posted his recap.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #145
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

There's been something preying on my mind since seeing the ep -

Is Tigerclaws hand a reference to 'Enter the Dragon'? (Especially as that movie is mentioned by Bebop in the episode as well).

I was sure I'd seen Tigerclaws hand attachment before somewhere so I checked a picture of Han (the villain in Enter the dragon)...

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140618030006

Thoughts? Direct reference or just hand-y coincidence?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:11 PM   #146
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
There's been something preying on my mind since seeing the ep -

Is Tigerclaws hand a reference to 'Enter the Dragon'? (Especially as that movie is mentioned by Bebop in the episode as well).

I was sure I'd seen Tigerclaws hand attachment before somewhere so I checked a picture of Han (the villain in Enter the dragon)...

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140618030006

Thoughts? Direct reference or just hand-y coincidence?
Dude, direct reference 100% and they even had Bebop say it in case it went over anyone's head.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #147
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, time to give my opinion on this episode. I was waiting until I could use my work computer because, it’s easier to use a computer to type out a long response than a tablet. lol

This episode was pretty intense and epic, just like the previous ep. I liked how the guys weren’t going to hold back. Although, I still have this feeling that the main purpose was to incapacitate him and demutate him and give him the choice to accept defeat and to leave or something, only resorting to killing if things didn’t go according to plan. Seems weird that they would go with the intent to kill him if they were going to use the retromutagen on him first. I have this feeling that they were going to offer him mercy. Well, regardless of how it was going to play out, I do strongly feel that killing was definitely going to be a last resort.

Oh, I must say this. I was so glad that Casey and April weren’t involved in the final battle against Shredder. Oh and speaking of those two…April being able to levitate people now kind of bothered me for some reason. I don’t mind her powers (and I like how she went all SSJ on Shredder last ep after he killed Splinter, losing control of her emotions), but I liked the idea of her being able to do that with the help of the crystal. I didn’t want her to go back up power wise in this regard unless she was harnessing the power of the crystal. Unless a lot of time has gone by between episodes with April training nonstop as a way to get over Splinter, maybe I can by the levitation thing. I dunno, just wish that she couldn’t do that, or show her having trouble doing that.

I liked the funeral. It conveyed the emotions of everyone pretty much without overdoing it, I suppose. I also liked them visiting Karai in the hospital. Still sucks she isn’t there to deliver the final blow or to fight alongside them in general. If she’d been able to fight, then I wouldn’t have had any qualms of her being still on the roof fighting against Shredder.

I know some people last episode were wondering how Leo was able to deliver that final blow, while Karai couldn’t pierce Shredder’s exposed heart last episode. I had a theory regarding that. I think the retromutagen worked, but didn’t at the same time. It didn’t reverse the mutation, but maybe it did affect him a little. Maybe that’s why Leo was able to kill him when Karai couldn’t. Think of Cell from Dragon Ball Z. To become perfect, he had to absorb the androids. He would lose his form and power if he lost one of the androids he’d absorbed. That’s how I viewed Super Shredder with the retromutagen. He was still strong, but slightly more vulnerable.

Another highlight for me, was Leo talking with Shredder. I did like the fact that he brought up Saki’s relationship with Yoshi. I like how Shredder seemed like he was hesitating, which I can’t help but wonder if he was starting to feel remorse for what he’d done or how he’d let himself get to that point before the mutagen set back in again. Maybe his hesitating could’ve been a side effect of the retromutagen. Oh, and the part where Leo got his strength to continue fighting after hearing Splinter’s voice, made me want him to say, “Use the force, Leo…use the force.” lol

Time for some negatives, aside from April’s levitation powers. I did want more emotional moments. It felt a bit fast paced. I was hoping to see them all mourn a bit more. I want to know how they fully cope, given the fours’ differing personalities, but the ones I’m mostly curious of are Donnie and Mikey, especially Mikey. I could picture Leo meditating a lot on his own (which we kind of saw), I could see Donnie preoccupying himself with his experiments, and spending more time in his lab, I could see Raph being a bit angry over the situation and taking out his aggressions on a punching bag (I know in Mirage and the first movie, this was Mikey’s thing to get his aggressions out, which had April worried over him) or something, but for this iteration of Mikey, I can’t imagine anything for him. He’s the hopeful optimist at times. We got the, “We are awesome!” line at the end of this episode, which didn’t bother me much since they did defeat Shredder and avenged Splinter and Tang Shen (getting down to it). Don’t get why others had a problem with that, but I still wish we could’ve gotten more mourning from the four. Maybe they’ll briefly do this next season, given Leo’s literally being the head of the family.

Oh, the stuff with Baxter. The entire thing felt shoehorned in to me. The entire section with him just felt completely off and strange, like it was put in as an afterthought. I just don’t get why Mikey threw the retromutagen at him. There was nothing for that entire exchange that even remotely prompted it. I did like when Mikey punched him out, which makes me wonder if he even got out alive, but he probably did. People complain about fakeouts pertaining to Splinter, but what about the henchmutants, especially Rahzar. That subway car should’ve done him in.

Shocking moment…the fact that Fishface got away with that “bass to mouth” line, and as another poster mentioned, South Park popped into mind. That Wikileaks episode, iirc. I literally did a double-take. It was too on-the-nose for me. Even in context of the scene, it didn’t work. Going back to season 1 and Mikey making that, “We’re not that kind of sub” declaration was subtle and it made sense given what was going on. The bass to mouth thing just didn’t. Oh well. I can’t help but wonder who even wrote that line in. Coola Yagami joked that maybe Jason Biggs snuck back in and wrote in the line. I wonder what Xever’s voice actor thought while reading that line. lol

Welp, that’s about all I can think of to say about this ep. It was really cool and I’m glad that they did finally kill off Shredder. Looking forward to next season.

Last edited by ssjup81; 03-01-2017 at 06:11 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #148
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I did actually know that. I was surprised he didn't post it beforehand, unless he was already at the convention when the episode aired.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #149
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I did actually know that. I was surprised he didn't post it beforehand, unless he was already at the convention when the episode aired.
He's from the US. The ep aired on Sunday. I would assume he was at the convention by that time.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #150
Vicky82
Emperor

https://panizhe.tumblr.com/post/1578...rowing-so-fast

This Person on Tumblr asked Brandon on Instagram, if that glowing round Mikey was spiritual and Brandon said yes

So i'm glad I got confirmation on it now.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #151
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

It was a video game episode. Opening cut scene. Different levels with boss fights. Final boss. End cut scene.

Boring.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #152
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
It was a video game episode. Opening cut scene. Different levels with boss fights. Final boss. End cut scene.

Boring.
LOL, what? What did you want them to do?

They were attacking Shredder's HQ's, of course they're going to fight his henchmen. How was it boring?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:57 PM   #153
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They were attacking Shredder's HQ's, of course they're going to fight his henchmen. How was it boring?
OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TWENTY EIGHT THOUSAND POSTS YOU'RE SO AWESOME.

Spare me. At this point they could put the TMNT logo on anal gland extract and you'd camp out to buy it. I don't negotiate with fanboy extremists.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #154
CyberCubed
Overlord

What the hell does my post count have anything to do with liking this episode? I've been here since 2004, many of my posts are in non-TMNT sections.

Anyway, I find it baffling you're complaining about what was essentially an assault on Shredder's HQ's. Of course they're going to fight his henchmen before they got to Shredder. Many of the fights were well done and it led up to a satisfying conclusion.

I'm not sure what you want.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #155
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Love love LOVED Casey's mask!
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #156
MartiusR
Random Punk

Yeah, I like FAR more this new design, neat detail for last episode.

Can't express how glad I am to finally watch episode finishing season with "closed" plot. Very intense episode, I had feeling like it was part of "big episode", but the part filled almost only (not counting the beginning) with action, without any "distraction" or "discussons on the side". I generally liked this episode (probably a bit more than previous one), but I can understand perspective of Toadtropper, since it didn't follow the logic of "standard" episode (where "action parts" are splitted with "something different"), in some moments it was a bit tiresome (I admit that the part with "animals pit" was for me a bit unnecessary, feels like it was added only to make longer encounter with Tiger Claw).

Nevertheless - I'm generally satisfied. Shredder has been shredded (I was a bit surprised though that scene with killing Super Shredder was such "blurred" (I mean - this scene by itself seemed to be surprisingly short and "sudden" not to mention that it wasn't even clearly showing that Leo killed Saki, scene with throwing mask clarified it - yes, I know, suspence, but still).
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #157
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So is this topic just not going to get stickied or what? Requiem, the episode before this is still being stickied.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #158
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Check out my episode review!
https://youtu.be/rT8uxogxwrI

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #159
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Great finale! Loved the part when Leo communicates with Master Splinter and the fact that Leo is now a Sensei. The action scenes are well done. Leo facing the Shredder was great. This time he defeated and killed the Shredder and his words to his enemy were powerful. The Shredder was a monster.
Karai is with them as a ally and a sister. Loved Casey's new mask.

I hope season 5 will be a great season.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #160
Donny's computer84
Thug

Great episode but the scenes were a little quick.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote