The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #1081
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

When I went to see Civil War, everyone clapped when Stan Lee showed up. Then I couldn't hear what he said! It must have been pretty funny because a lot of people were laughing.
So, I'm biased against clapping in theaters in general.
TheSkeletonMan939 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #1082
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
When I went to see Civil War, everyone clapped when Stan Lee showed up. Then I couldn't hear what he said! It must have been pretty funny because a lot of people were laughing.
So, I'm biased against clapping in theaters in general.
He asked IM if he was "Tony Stank". The joke being that he was a near sighted geezer. I personally like to believe that Cap, in his anger, actually addressed it that way lol.

Similarly, I missed the "puny god" line from Avengers because people lost their **** when Hulk dishragged Loki.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:34 PM   #1083
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
So, it is what I thought.
Good. I would have been really pissed. I was hyped too...then saw a full scene.

Robbie is beautiful, but a **** actress.

Not true. She was great in Tarzan, and pretty darn good in this, too. There were several times during the movie when I almost felt like I was hearing the VA from Batman TAS whenever she had lines. The speech-patterns, her calling Joker "Mr. J" and "Puddin", the way she bowed or grinned and that manic look in her eyes at certain moments- she nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I imagine only old people do that because they're more used to watching live shows in the old days. Live theater was quite popular dating from the 50's to the early 90's.

So old folks who remember being young teenage youths during that era probably have it ingrained in their minds.

Cubed, this may come as news to you, but live theater is STILL popular. Broadway plays are just as big now as they ever were, and many theater productions go on tour across the country. Then there is ballet, local productions, etc..... And it's not just "old people" who go to see them. People of ALL ages enjoy the theater. Also, applauding after (or during) a movie is considered a sign of appreciation of the film by many, not just older generations. It's been a thing since the days of silent films. It's just a show of support.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #1084
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Cubed, this may come as news to you, but live theater is STILL popular. Broadway plays are just as big now as they ever were, and many theater productions go on tour across the country. Then there is ballet, local productions, etc..... And it's not just "old people" who go to see them. People of ALL ages enjoy the theater. Also, applauding after (or during) a movie is considered a sign of appreciation of the film by many, not just older generations. It's been a thing since the days of silent films. It's just a show of support.
Yes I know, but I would wager that outside of stuff like music tours, most youths of today don't really see live theater. Its mostly something from the 50's to early 90's era.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:35 PM   #1085
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I have never seen this. I've lived in 2 states, seen movies in maybe even 3-4, both north & south, not once has an attendee clapped. I see people post about that from time to time, so I guess it's a thing. Weird as hell.
Happens all the time where I live when I'm at premiers. Biggest was Civil War when "QUEENS" showed up, (introducing Spidey) the whole theatre lost their sh*t.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #1086
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Pretty rare for audience to clap from what I witnessed. But I know they enjoyed movies from their reaction throughout films.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Uncultured swine? Yeah you're dumb.
It's not a flop you dumbass.

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #1087
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This movie is a huge success despite what the critics think, I'm sure Warner Bros will want a sequel to this soon.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #1088
snake
Noided

The only time I heard clapping was when the falcon and later Han Solo first appeared during the first showing of The Force Awakens. The audience participation meter was very high that night but in a fun way that didn't hinder the experience. No one was talking or loud, but simply showing emotion at the proper times.

Star Wars premieres are fun
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:17 AM   #1089
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Applauses during movie premieres is a huge thing around me too. Happens with pretty much any 'big' premiere at certain moments (Force Awakens, Civil War, etc.)
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:20 AM   #1090
snake
Noided

At the Civil War premiere, when the Bucky security cam footage was revealed people started gasping and a couple of dudes were going "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH" as Tony got that "what the hell" look on his face
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #1091
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
At the Civil War premiere, when the Bucky security cam footage was revealed people started gasping and a couple of dudes were going "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH" as Tony got that "what the hell" look on his face
They did that here too during Civil War. As for people applauding, that happens more than I'm used to these days in Texas and Arkansas. I actually find it refreshing. I want to say it happens when most Marvel films are over, and I know it happened every time I went to see The Force Awakens last year. Around five times, I think. Guess it just depends on the crowd at the time? The kids probably did it at Suicide Squad around here too.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #1092
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4218&p=.htm
Suicide Squad had a 12.1 intake in its fourth weekend. Its enough to take just under 283 million domestic and 636 million world-wide. If it can top 300 million in domestic and 675 million overall I will be very pleased. Looks to be able to hit the marks I personally made for the film.

I did not realize it until now,not I just realized that Batman(Christian Bale) imagines killing Joker(Jared Leto) in America Psycho....

Not knowing who Jared Leto was when watching the film originally and it was before he took The Joker role I did not catch it. It adds a crazy new dimension to it all.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #1093
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
They did that here too during Civil War. As for people applauding, that happens more than I'm used to these days in Texas and Arkansas. I actually find it refreshing. I want to say it happens when most Marvel films are over, and I know it happened every time I went to see The Force Awakens last year. Around five times, I think. Guess it just depends on the crowd at the time? The kids probably did it at Suicide Squad around here too.
I had not seen that until The Force Awakens. It happened three times. The opening credits along with cheers, Han and Chewie's entrance and a third time at the end credits. Just before the end there were cheers when we saw Luke facing the ocean.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:40 PM   #1094
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Suicide Squad 2 production to begin very, very soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/movieweb....lantern-corps/

Old 08-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #1095
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Yes, 4chan info is always reliable.
TheSkeletonMan939 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #1096
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

How very... surprising?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:58 AM   #1097
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Suicide Squad is one of the highest grossing movies of all time, despite terrible reviews

Quote:
According to Box Office Mojo's chart, DC's 'worst of the worst' super-smash has now entered the list of the top 100 grossing movies of all time, pushing out Marvel's Thor: The Dark World in the process.

They defeated Thor!!

Critics opinions are ****. The people wins.

#skwad

Old 09-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #1098
Spike Spiegel
Jiggly and Full of Juice

Quote:

More stuff from that same article:

Quote:
9. The Question being developed for HBO as a smaller scale "gritty noir" show.
Great idea, he's one of their B-list characters that more people should know about.

Quote:
11. George Miller attracted to making a Jack Kirby property movie, working on Mad Max sequel in-between potential DCEU movie.
After his work on Mad Max, I'll bet his vision of the planet Apokolips would come across really well on screen.

Quote:
12. Man of Steel 2 is happening, Snyder not returning to direct.

13. Snyder no longer wants to return to direct JL 2, has opted out. Plans to direct a smaller scale movie for next project.
Who will fill the void?

Quote:
17. Darkseid could potentially be saved for JL 3, having more background development in other movies for New Gods and Apokolips. New Gods property being heavily eyed as a film.
I really want to see Big Barda, Mr. Miracle, and Oberon in their own film; maybe after the New Gods are fully introduced. It can be an action comedy like Ant-Man was.

It sucks that Jack Kirby didn't live to see his creations come to life like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:11 AM   #1099
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Suicide Squad Passes $700 Million Worldwide
http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-...e-700-million/

In a summer movie season that saw several high-profile titles underwhelm at the box office, one film that’s done quite the opposite is Suicide Squad, the third entry into the DCEU. Despite mostly negative critical reviews, Squad has gone over much better with moviegoers at large, having now spent 6 weekends in the domestic box office top five. Internationally, the supervillain blockbuster has performed just as well, having now made more profit outside the U.S. market than it has within.

This continues the extremely stark divide between critical opinion and fan reaction that began with this spring’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The first DCEU film, Man of Steel, was hardly a critical darling either, but made it a lot closer to earning the “fresh” distinction on Rotten Tomatoes than either of its follow-ups have managed.

Speaking of Man of Steel, Suicide Squad has now accomplished a feat some industry pundits initially thought wouldn’t be possible: it beat Superman. As of this writing, Suicide Squad has now hauled in over $700 million worldwide, handily eclipsing the $668 million earned by Man of Steel over the course of its theatrical run. Squad has also eclipsed MoS domestically, bringing in over $307 million, and climbing over MoS’ $291 million domestic haul.

The news of Suicide Squad passing yet another box-office milestone was confirmed by the film’s director David Ayer earlier today, via Twitter.

At this point, it wouldn’t even be that surprising if Suicide Squad ends up topping Batman V Superman’s domestic total, although BVS’ worldwide numbers might be a bit too far out of reach. In its fifth full week of release, Squad earned nearly $15 million domestically, and will probably have brought in around another $7-$8 million by the time week 6 is complete. That would leave Squad right around $15 million short of BVS’ domestic total, and it’s not hard to imagine Squad earning an additional $15 million before it leaves U.S. theaters. Either way, the two films will likely end up very close to each other on the domestic total list for 2016.

Even if Suicide Squad manages to edge out BVS domestically as the most successful DCEU film to date, the chances of it doing that worldwide are much slimmer. Even at over $700 million worldwide, Squad remains nearly $175 million short of BVS’ gargantuan $872 million worldwide gross. Still, if Suicide Squad has proven anything, it’s that it shouldn’t be counted out prematurely. Deadshot and company may indeed be “some kind of suicide squad,” but when it comes to the numbers, the film they inhabit remains quite full of life.

Well done!

Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #1100
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They defeated Thor!!

Critics opinions are ****. The people wins.

#skwad
"Defeating" Thor is not hard to do. His films are arguably the weakest of the MCU (though personally The Incredible Hulk is my least favorite).

Critics that are reviewing these movies could just as much be a fan of DC comics as you are. They want DC to make good if not better movies since they are also a fan of their older stuff. Just like those PD TMNT movies you fancy so much, a majority of us want better for these properties instead of just settling for crap.

While I enjoyed SS to a degree, there were plenty of flaws that painfully weighed down the experience for me.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds