The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 08:08 PM   #1121
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

It'll be interesting to see if the extended edition is the "real" version of the film where Joker treats Harley like dirt, B:TAS style, or if it's just miscellaneous deleted scenes spliced back in.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #1122
Powder
Endless Screw

It's sure to be the latter.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #1123
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
It'll be interesting to see if the extended edition is the "real" version of the film where Joker treats Harley like dirt, B:TAS style, or if it's just miscellaneous deleted scenes spliced back in.
we will find out in November as that is when the Digital Copy comes out

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #1124
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

How Suicide Squad Should Have Ended.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #1125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Probably the latter. Just adding in the deleted scenes would require them to delete the scenes they added during the reshoots, largely, as they changed the whole story with Joker and Harley.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #1126
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if Will Smith can convince The Rock to come on board for a sequel?

CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #1127
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Special Features for the Extended Cut are

Task Force X: One Team, One Mission – Discover the rich legacy of DC’s most infamous bad guys
Squad Strength and Skills – How’d they whip themselves into shape?
Get the inside story Joker and Harley: The ‘It’ Couple of the Underworld – She’s rotten. He’s damaged. They’re a match made in hell
Chasing the Real – Writer/director David Ayer reveals techniques for creating an authentic surreal world
Plus Gag Reel and More!

It looks like now its only 11 minutes of new footage instead of 13

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suici...ficial-a146253

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #1128
TheSkeletonMan939

No commentary from Jared Leto? Disappointing. I would love to hear the inside scoop on how his goofy preparation didn't pay off.

I can't wait to hear what they have to say about "THE 'IT' COUPLE OF THE UNDERWORLD". David Ayer saying stuff like, "We originally were going to have their relationship be very unhealthy and frightening, but then Warn - um, I mean 'I' thought it'd be better to have them be in real love."
Old 10-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #1129
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

New Extended cut trailer

http://dai.ly/x4zl60n

Old 10-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #1130
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

I'm so looking forward to this.

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #1131
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

List of all the new/extended scenes

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-...s-differences/

only 2 of them are Joker related.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #1132
TheSkeletonMan939

I guess that means the 'real' cut of the movie will rot away in the 4th level of hell (where WB keeps its vaults).
Old 11-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #1133
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

So I LOVED this movie the first time I saw it.

Second time I saw it, 'bout a month or so ago, I realized how badly the Joker cuts affected the movie. It went from an A+ to about a C+ based on that. Low B- at best.

I went with my friend who hadn't seen it, and he was PISSED that Joker wasn't in it for more than 7 minutes. He thought the Squad would be fighting Joker... which let's all face it: THAT would have been a much better movie.

C'est le vie.

As for the extended edition, I boycotted the BvS one (no Babs, no cash) and I'm boycotting this one.

Get your sh!t together, Warner Brothers. You've been an ungodly mess all year and even your biggest fans are quickly losing faith.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #1134
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So I LOVED this movie the first time I saw it.

Second time I saw it, 'bout a month or so ago, I realized how badly the Joker cuts affected the movie. It went from an A+ to about a C+ based on that. Low B- at best.

I went with my friend who hadn't seen it, and he was PISSED that Joker wasn't in it for more than 7 minutes. He thought the Squad would be fighting Joker... which let's all face it: THAT would have been a much better movie.

C'est le vie.

As for the extended edition, I boycotted the BvS one (no Babs, no cash) and I'm boycotting this one.

Get your sh!t together, Warner Brothers. You've been an ungodly mess all year and even your biggest fans are quickly losing faith.
This extended Edition should have been all the Joker Scenes that were cut. I really don't care for these random stuff like Harley pissing off Croc etc

Old 11-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #1135
TheSkeletonMan939

They can't release all the Joker stuff because it would be incredibly embarrassing if that cut was better than WB's preferred one.

WB/DC is on thin ice with these films. BvS was received just as well as a whoopee cushion sound would be. I haven't seen SS but apparently it wasn't worth writing home about either. They can't afford to risk any more missteps.

Even these extended cuts are a horrible, horrible strategy. I haven't seen BvS either but I hear the extended edition far outclasses the theatrical. And now I hear that the SS extended cut has some of those tantalizing Joker scenes missing from theaters. Even the most casually informed consumer will begin to realize that it's a waste of money to go to the theater when you can wait an extra 6-7 months for the superior edition of the film to drop.
In the short run, WB is getting a lot of profit from both theaters and DVD sales. In the long run, if they keep this game up, ticket sales will decline as more people just wait for the improved movie to hit shelves.

Now, if they started making GOOD MOVIES that were worth the trip to the theater, that's a different story.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #1136
TMNTInsighter
Banned

I almost saw it in theaters. I love the character of Amanda Waller & it would've been interesting to see David Ayer's transition from these endless police noirs to something like this. I however questioned all this attention being directed at Will Smith's Deadshot character, Margot Robbie's take on Harley, the fact that no one does Amanda better than CCH Pounder (who's a VERY underrated actress!), plus the fact that I (most likely at least) already saw this movie when I watched "Assault on Arkham". I'll wait until it's either OnDemand or at my local library.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #1137
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I enjoyed it for what it was. A lot better than BvS.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #1138
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Take 'em to school HT

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #1139
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

DC Extended Universe ‏@DC_E_U 2h2 hours ago

Congrats to @MargotRobbie for winning the Critics' Choice Best Actress in an Action Movie! Well deserved Harley

Old 12-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #1140
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Mhmm, she deserved it.

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds