The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #41
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yeah, I thought it was kind of odd, too. much like his reason for even being there, aside from having possession of one of the boxes.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #42
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Early test screenings have been very good for Aquaman.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:06 PM   #43
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

C o o l
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:24 AM   #44
drgon78
Mad Scientist

That is good to hear.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:32 AM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Weren't the early screenings also considered good for Justice League?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #46
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
And BvS. And Wonder Woman. And Suicide Squad. And Iron Man 3. and Thor 2. And Black Panther. And Civil War. And pretty much everything.

Means a big heap of nothing.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #47
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I don't believe so... I'm pretty sure that's the reason they brought in Whedon in the first place, no? Then more positive advanced screenings were the ones right before the theatrical release saying "It's not that bad!"
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Aquaman should be the "Black Panther" of DC movies.

Take an unknown superhero to the general public and make him mainstream. Granted the Brave and the Bold cartoon will always have the best Aquaman. Outrageous!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #49
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You're retarded if you think people don't know Aquaman. Even as joke fodder, people know him.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

General population? Most don't know anyone outside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. People you see spouting Aquaman memes online are not general people.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #51
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Sure, pal, if you say so.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

You seriously believe your average person knows who Aquaman is? Most don't even know who Green Lantern or Flash is, let alone Aquaman.

The most well known DC superheroes to casuals or people who don't care about comics have always been Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Robin. And for Robin it's just Dick Grayson, they don't know any of the others.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #53
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You seriously believe your average person knows who Aquaman is? Most don't even know who Green Lantern or Flash is, let alone Aquaman.

The most well known DC superheroes to casuals or people who don't care about comics have always been Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Robin. And for Robin it's just Dick Grayson, they don't know any of the others.
Why would't the average person know who Aquaman is, there are tons of media that reference him(most of the time its ******** on him but still). Also Flash has his own televesion series so I would think the average person would at least have heard of him.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #54
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Aquaman is definitely well-known enough by the general public for them to crack a joke about him being "the guy who talks to fish".

No one is arguing that he's more well-known than Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man or Spider-Man
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Why would't the average person know who Aquaman is, there are tons of media that reference him(most of the time its ******** on him but still). Also Flash has his own televesion series so I would think the average person would at least have heard of him.
You're talking about people online who are at least familiar with cartoons, comics, TV shows, etc.

For example Marvel made Iron Man mainstream that even a random 40 year old woman these days probably knows who he is. You couldn't say that a decade ago. That's what mainstream means, that your average person who doesn't know much about comics/cartoons, etc. can at least know who they are.

None of my older relatives know much about superheroes, they basically just know Superman/Batman, Wonder Woman and that's about it.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #56
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You're talking about people online who are at least familiar with cartoons, comics, TV shows, etc.

For example Marvel made Iron Man mainstream that even a random 40 year old woman these days probably knows who he is. You couldn't say that a decade ago. That's what mainstream means, that your average person who doesn't know much about comics/cartoons, etc. can at least know who they are.

None of my older relatives know much about superheroes, they basically just know Superman/Batman, Wonder Woman and that's about it.
Dude lots of people watch TV shows and there is a good chance that the 40 year old woman has at least heard of Aquaman from the Superfriends cartoon or something.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #57
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
General population? Most don't know anyone outside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. People you see spouting Aquaman memes online are not general people.
He is known thanks to Super Friends. Yes, it has been off the air since 1986 and yes out of rotation on normal networks the last ten years, but he is known thanks to that. The Big Bang Theory makes jokes based on his telepathic communication with sea life power. Aquaman may get the short end, but he is known. I argue he is the #4 character and a part of the secondary trinity along with Flash and Green Lantern. What makes him arguably more important than Flash and Green Lantern is not having multiple Aquaman characters for a period of time(yes, I know about A.J. Curry that was around for two years) and being a constant presence despite not getting the best of treatment. He does have royal authority over more area than anyone on the planet! He is short ended by being a water based character when most action takes place on either land or space. There is the limitation on how to use him for that and causes him to go into a circle on him being king then losing the throne and gaining it back, rinse and repeat(pun unintended). Aquaman should get a stint as the chairman of the JLA. He is the natural leader among them. Forget about the bait and switch in the short-lived Detroit give the King of Atlantis his chance!
Old 02-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #58
Sumac
Banned

Quote:

'cubed, I understand that you live in your own universe, but, c'mon, crawl out of your shell at least sometimes!!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why do you guys assume every average person knows everything about superheroes, comics, etc? Or watches the TV shows, etc? You guys do realize many millions of people do not watch all these movies or shows that come out?

Up until the early 2000's I never even knew who Green Arrow was. My first exposure to him was the JLU cartoon, and before that I never heard of him. But not everyone watches cartoons, TV shows, etc.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #60
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Why do you guys assume every average person knows everything about superheroes, comics, etc? Or watches the TV shows, etc? You guys do realize many millions of people do not watch all these movies or shows that come out?

Up until the early 2000's I never even knew who Green Arrow was. My first exposure to him was the JLU cartoon, and before that I never heard of him. But not everyone watches cartoons, TV shows, etc.
We aren't talking about the Runaways or Animal man or Plastic man or any C or D list heroes, we're talking about a character who has been hanging out with A listers for decades. Is he popular in the same vein as the trinity no but he is far from an unknown character.

God this is the whole "Shredder fights like Deathstroke" argument all over again

Tags
leo656 loves the dceu, stargate atlantis, welcome to cucklantis