The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

TMNT: Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road (August 2018)

Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road, a new weekly comic series, is coming in August: https://www.cbr.com/bebop-rocksteady...-weekly-comic/

Quote:
The dastardly duo of Bebop and Rocksteady are back to wreak havoc in a brand new mini-series, Bebop & Rocksteady Hit The Road, coming this August from IDW Publishing.

The creative team of co-writer Ben Bates and writer/artist Dustin Weaver are returning to the characters after the success of their last miniseries, Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything.

Weaver believes Hit the Road is a natural continuation of what the team did with the characters in Destroy Everything, and promises the story is “just as wild and fun.”
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

We haven't seen Bebop/Rocksteady since the last 5 week series "Bebop and Rocksteady: Destroy Everything," so its been awhile since their last appearance. Sure they're in the current Batman crossover but its not canon.

I guess Bebop/Rocksteady will now go on all sorts of crazy roadtrip adventures outside the Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

I will definitely look forward to this.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Destroy Everything was one of the most fun minis IDW has put out so far, so needless to say, I'm VERY excited to see the continuing adventures of B&R (and Anchovy.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Consider me hyped! Funnily enough, I'd been thinking about asking Bobby if we'd see these two soon considering that every other character in the series is currently active and/or accounted for, so this announcement was a great surprise. Bring it!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Hit the Road finds Bebop and Rocksteady on a road trip back to New York City when their powers begin to act up. The pair quickly find themselves in hot water where hilarity and hijinks are sure to follow.
When their powers begin to act up? Dafuq? Is this like an issue with their mutation, like the ooze/mutagen used in the process is expired or what? What other powers do they have? Renet got her time scepter back at the end of B&RDE, right?

Whatever the case though, I'm excited for this; the last Bebop and Rocksteady weekly miniseries was awesome. I wonder if other artists will be brought in for this or if Bates will handle every issue
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hm...seems like August is the time of the Mini Series for TMNT.

It should be interesting to see what exactly they've been doing this whole time.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

Assuming they won't appear in the main series until after this, it's been... Holy crap, 3 years since they were in the main series! I don't even think they've been in anything other than these weekly minis.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Awesome!
Old 03-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Kevin recently had his hair dyed the color of the turtle voted for which was Donatello. At last week's NC Comic Con he said he was wearing it in honor of a new book too. Well, this explains the riddle. I suppose if we are as lucky as we are to get a follow up to Destroys Everything what about Bebop and Rocksteady Go Out of This World?

This will be fun! Many questions such as where have they been? Where will this mini feature? Any characters such as Wingnut and Screwloose get further development instead of a blink and you will miss it?

We did not have much of an impact on the ongoing last go around, but what about this time?
Old 03-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Assuming they won't appear in the main series until after this, it's been... Holy crap, 3 years since they were in the main series! I don't even think they've been in anything other than these weekly minis.
Karai hasn't appeared in the main series since issue 50 either. She's been completely absent from the main ongoing for 3 years, and her 4 issue Universe stint was the only time we've seen her.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Kevin recently had his hair dyed the color of the turtle voted for which was Donatello. At last week's NC Comic Con he said he was wearing it in honor of a new book too. Well, this explains the riddle. I suppose if we are as lucky as we are to get a follow up to Destroys Everything what about Bebop and Rocksteady Go Out of This World?

This will be fun! Many questions such as where have they been? Where will this mini feature? Any characters such as Wingnut and Screwloose get further development instead of a blink and you will miss it?

We did not have much of an impact on the ongoing last go around, but what about this time?
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

Seriously though, B&R are shaping up to be pretty much the TMNT equivalent of Deadpool, so why not give them their own supporting cast? And why not have the mutants from the first mini be it?
Old 03-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Karai hasn't appeared in the main series since issue 50 either. She's been completely absent from the main ongoing for 3 years, and her 4 issue Universe stint was the only time we've seen her.
True. Wonder if their eventual return will coincide?

Anyway, as for this series itself, I wonder if it's going to tie in to the last Bebop and Rocksteady mini. Are we going to see Savanti, Insect April, Andrew's nightmare dimension and Anchovy again?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #14
dawwe
Foot Soldier

This is going to be awesome! Can't wait.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Bebop and Rocksteady, time traveling terrorists...

Bebop and Rocksteady, road warrior wannabes...

What's next? Bebop and Rocksteady, gang-pressed intergalactic wrestlers for Stump in Dimension X? Battle Nexus Champions?

The possibilities are horrifying.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:25 PM   #16
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All things considered, if they worked for Stump, they'd probably be set for life and never look back
Old 03-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Bebop and Rocksteady, time traveling terrorists...

Bebop and Rocksteady, road warrior wannabes...

What's next? Bebop and Rocksteady, gang-pressed intergalactic wrestlers for Stump in Dimension X? Battle Nexus Champions?

The possibilities are horrifying.
You are thinking something along my train of thought. I was thinking about how they wonder space and come across Stump Asteroid which relocated dimensions after the Trial of Krang bit needing a fresh start and more profits. Perhaps recruit Scumbug unless Stump sees them as losing more profit then gaining for him because they break everything in their path on purpose and even more by accident.. Then Bebop and Rocksteady running amok on Shell ra'la home of the Turtloids and Metalhead 2.0 stops them.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
You are thinking something along my train of thought. I was thinking about how they wonder space and come across Stump Asteroid which relocated dimensions after the Trial of Krang bit needing a fresh start and more profits. Perhaps recruit Scumbug unless Stump sees them as losing more profit then gaining for him because they break everything in their path on purpose and even more by accident.. Then Bebop and Rocksteady running amok on Shell ra'la home of the Turtloids and Metalhead 2.0 stops them.
I'm with you until that. Then I'm out. Hard pass.

And yeah, ChosenOne seems to be on the money... they're the TMNT Deadpool now. Violent, insane, and out rollicking around in crazytown.

I suppose by this point, it is really hard to rein them in. They're pretty overpowered. Although it sounds like this mini-series might be reducing their power level (which would help get them back in the main series)...
Old 03-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

In a world where powerhouses like Slash and Leatherhead exist, I hope they're not too powered down, if at all.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #20
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm with you until that. Then I'm out. Hard pass.

And yeah, ChosenOne seems to be on the money... they're the TMNT Deadpool now. Violent, insane, and out rollicking around in crazytown.

I suppose by this point, it is really hard to rein them in. They're pretty overpowered. Although it sounds like this mini-series might be reducing their power level (which would help get them back in the main series)...
I was referring to them exploring space and encountering TMNT staples obscure or familar, if not call back to early adventures the two shared not the specifics like Stump Asteroid and Shell'ra la. It would be a good place for Metalhead 2.0 to reemerge, an outerspace mini with Bebop and Rocksteady considering the history.

They needed to be Juggernauts in IDW after they were made to be too stupid and butt of jokes becoming their kryptonite every time. Its just they are too invulnerable. This is a good example at how they are too strong and need to be weakened a bit.