The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Chris
Mad Scientist

Nick UK skipping episodes

It appears Nick UK is skipping episodes. Last week we had "It Came from the Depths" but this week we got "New Girl in Town" instead of "I, Monster".

I thought Nick UK was getting better (there have been no obvious cuts recently, even the Shredder battle was uncut) but skipping an entire episode?

Hopefully they've just got the order mixed up and we'll get "I, Monster" next week. My Sky guide doesn't have the episode title/summary yet. Does anyone else in the UK know?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

I've got it on series link and next week's ep is scheduled as 'Rat Trap', that's gonna be confusing if the plot synop I read for 'I monster' is correct.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Wait, scratch that, it looks like Rat Trap is just the UK name for I monster, why do they keep doing that?!?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
Chris
Mad Scientist

So they did just get them out of order, that's good news. I've got it on series link too but it just gave me "synopsis not yet available". Thanks

I think a lot of the names we're getting in the episode info are the original names that were changed later in production (they appeared on some of the early US schedules as well) but someone was too lazy to update them when they changed.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It appears Nick UK is skipping episodes. Last week we had "It Came from the Depths" but this week we got "New Girl in Town" instead of "I, Monster".

I thought Nick UK was getting better (there have been no obvious cuts recently, even the Shredder battle was uncut) but skipping an entire episode?

Hopefully they've just got the order mixed up and we'll get "I, Monster" next week. My Sky guide doesn't have the episode title/summary yet. Does anyone else in the UK know?
Wait.. the UK cuts this show?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah. There were loads of examples in Rise of the Turtles (mostly stuff involving Mikey's kusurigama but also strange stuff like his first "mom" line when Splinter shows them the canister which makes his repeated "mom" later make no sense) but since then it seems to have improved a lot.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah. There were loads of examples in Rise of the Turtles (mostly stuff involving Mikey's kusurigama but also strange stuff like his first "mom" line when Splinter shows them the canister which makes his repeated "mom" later make no sense) but since then it seems to have improved a lot.
whoa that seems confusing.....
Old 02-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #8
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant

Yeh, we get all the best stuff over here!!! at least we are getting the show though!!

Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

and so the long history of UK TMNT fans getting confusing, if not downright insulting, treatment continues... guess they couldn't just break tradition?

As an American Doctor Who fan I often find myself wondering if we also get the short end of the stick in similar ways that I'm just not aware of or if it's just a one-way screwy situation and not both ways?

It occured to me that the reason they have alternate names for the UK episodes is because the actual content may not be exactly the same. There may be small tweaks or edits that we just haven't picked up on yet and using different episode names is an easy way to keep track of the differences. I have not actually seen a UK episode but in the USA the title for the episode always appears on-screen a few seconds after the theme song... and I'd assume that the actual different title does appear on the UK version so... if they'd actually take the time and effort to change that one tiny detail then who knows what else is changed
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #10
Chris
Mad Scientist

The names are the same as the US names. For example, the guide lists "Enter Shredder" but the actual title that appears on screen is still "The Gauntlet".

The main focus seems to be Mikey's kusurigama (strange that the most fun loving and loveable turtle of the bunch always seems to get picked on by UK censors!) but like I said, it seems like more recent episodes haven't been cut. Or at least no where near as blatantly/insultingly obviously as the pilot was.

Last edited by Chris; 02-24-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #11
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Man, they are trying to confuse us.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
Clockwork
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
I think a lot of the names we're getting in the episode info are the original names that were changed later in production (they appeared on some of the early US schedules as well) but someone was too lazy to update them when they changed.
This is correct.

Also, the original order was New Girl, I Monster, Alien Agenda. It's actually the US Nick that chose to air them out of order. Fortunately there weren't any continuity problems with that switch. Possibly they thought I, Monster was a more exciting way to return from hiatus, or maybe they felt the Karai story would play better back-to-back.

- Kenny
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Don't like hearing that Nick is airing episodes out of order. Hope we don't run into any continuity issues in the future.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #14
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
This is correct.

Also, the original order was New Girl, I Monster, Alien Agenda. It's actually the US Nick that chose to air them out of order. Fortunately there weren't any continuity problems with that switch. Possibly they thought I, Monster was a more exciting way to return from hiatus, or maybe they felt the Karai story would play better back-to-back.

- Kenny
How do you know this?

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
Clockwork
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
How do you know this?
I wrote for the show.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #16
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wrote for the show.
Past tense? Are you not working on Season 2?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
Clockwork
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Past tense? Are you not working on Season 2?
No, I'm not involved with season 2, but I still enjoy checking out fan response to season 1.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Awwwwww. You guys get jipped again!

Quote:
This is correct.

- Kenny
It actually makes a lot of sense that they did that. Props to them.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Oooook, I'm guessing this is confusing for people in the uk.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This is correct.

- Kenny
That's great to know. Thanks Kenny

Tags
nick