The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 01:16 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

But by making sequels years later they're continuing the continuity of older series, thus sometimes ruining the original endings. Terminator 2 being a great example.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:48 AM   #22
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Endings are still intact, as well.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:46 AM   #23
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
They are remaining as they were, numbskull. No one is going back and altering things.
Except George Lucas.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #24
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But by making sequels years later they're continuing the continuity of older series, thus sometimes ruining the original endings. Terminator 2 being a great example.
Are you referring to Terminator 2 ruining the ending to The Terminator? Because it completely undermined the original film. You can revive a franchise and be successful. You just have to make a good movie.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #25
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
No he didn't. He said the same thing about T3 or TS before it came out only to later say he hated it but didn't want to hurt its box office.
He says a lot of things. I think he's on record as stating that AvP is the third best Alien movie.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #26
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Except George Lucas.
Haha alright, you got me there.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
They are remaining as they were, numbskull. No one is going back and altering things.
But that's the whole point of the Terminator franchise!

And while we're at it, we really do need to save a pair of humpback whales.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The problem with "Salvation" and "Genisys" is that neither movie tried to be the best Terminator movie it could be... each one was an attempt to make 1/3 of a "New Terminator Trilogy." Each time that failed. Hopefully whatever T6 arises minds that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #29
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Purists will tell you different! There's been a lot of controversy among Terminator fanatics about the sound effects of the first two films being changed over time.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #30
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Purists will tell you different! There's been a lot of controversy among Terminator fanatics about the sound effects of the first two films being changed over time.
Huh. If you say the audio is different, I'll believe you of all people. But you know what I meeeeant.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #31
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Yeah, there's a difference between changing a gunshot effect and making Greedo shoot first. 99% of films though are generally the same as they were on opening day.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:51 PM   #32
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

AFAIK the only way to get the mono track for T1 is to have the old MGM DVDs or the very first blu ray edition from 2006. I got rid of mine when the remastered (2013) T1 blu ray was released and now I wish I still had it for archival purposes.

I wish they'd finally get the home video releases of T2 right. I've bought it three times:

One used double sided "Ultimate Edition" disc from 2003 with exhaustive special features, including the script, storyboards, promos, ad campaigns, and most (if not all) of the stuff from the laserdisc releases.

The 2009 Skynet Edition blu-ray with HD trailers, most of the special features of the 2003 Ultimate Edition (only accessible through interactive modules while you watch the movie), and a DNR'd image quality. Also it came out when BD-Live was hot, so it takes a long time to load. It had three versions of the movie (theatrical, special edition, extended special edition with alternate ending)

The 2015 cash-grab from when Genisys came out that has pristine (I'd say gorgeous!) image quality (no DNR), limited special features, and only two versions of the film.

If they released a blu-ray with the visuals of the 2015 disc and all the special features of the 2003 Ultimate DVD, but with HD trailers and supplements when available, I'd be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77473

No word if this is connected to the news about James Cameron and Tim Miller:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/0...or-tim-miller/
Old 03-23-2017, 01:04 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Maybe if they stop rehashing the same story for 4 movies about a Terminator coming back in time to the present, then the franchise can do something new.

They seriously did the same plot 4 times:

Terminator 1: Kyle Reese and the Terminator go to the present, the latter to kill Sarah Conner, but this was the first movie so it's all new.

Terminator 2: Arnold and the Liquid Terminator come back to the present and the plan is to to kill or save John Conner.

Terminator 3: Arnold and the female Terminator come back to the present to kill or save John Conner...again.

Terminator 5: Arnold and a new Terminator comes back to the present...for the fourth time. Arnold to protect the protagonists, for the third time. Sarah Conner in trouble...the third time.

Is there any reason they keep rehashing the same plot over and over again? I mean it's gotten old by now. How many times can they keep sending someone from the future to the present to kill either John or Sarah Conner? The TV series was about this too.

Really puts into perspective the Terminator franchise was meant to be a one and done concept, because there seems to be no way in expanding the unvierse or storyline beyond the same thing over and over again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think what I got out of the article was, "ALL OUT FUTURE WAR! WITH LASERS!"

At least, that's what I hope I got out of it.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More (of the same) news:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/arnold...rminator-movie
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Maybe if they stop rehashing the same story for 4 movies about a Terminator coming back in time to the present, then the franchise can do something new.

They seriously did the same plot 4 times:

Terminator 1: Kyle Reese and the Terminator go to the present, the latter to kill Sarah Conner, but this was the first movie so it's all new.

Terminator 2: Arnold and the Liquid Terminator come back to the present and the plan is to to kill or save John Conner.

Terminator 3: Arnold and the female Terminator come back to the present to kill or save John Conner...again.

Terminator 5: Arnold and a new Terminator comes back to the present...for the fourth time. Arnold to protect the protagonists, for the third time. Sarah Conner in trouble...the third time.

Is there any reason they keep rehashing the same plot over and over again? I mean it's gotten old by now. How many times can they keep sending someone from the future to the present to kill either John or Sarah Conner? The TV series was about this too.

Really puts into perspective the Terminator franchise was meant to be a one and done concept, because there seems to be no way in expanding the unvierse or storyline beyond the same thing over and over again.
Yeah, this franchise has become a selfcest fan-wank, it seems
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
False. The T-X was sent back to kill John's top generals before they became his generals. The T-850 was sent to protect and take orders from Kate Brewster.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #39
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'd rather they'd just continued with the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I'd rather they'd just continued with the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
I dunno... I watched all of it, but I can't say that I was wholly surprised to see it go or all that hurt by it. It was getting pretty contrived and it did things like change the Time Displacement Equipment conceived as this:

And made it into this:

At least Genisys got that right.

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female