Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #1
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

TMNT: The IDW Collection Vol. 4 and New Animated Adventures Omnibus Vol. 2

The IDW Collection Vol. 4

Quote:
Recovering from the events of “City Fall,” the Turtles seek sanctuary in the countryside, but questions remain unanswered and tension festers among the brothers. Meanwhile, in New York, Shredder tightens his grip on the city in their absence and Krang’s plan to destroy the Earth is ramping up but Baxter Stockman has ideas of his own. Collects TMNT issues #29–37, Utrom Empire, and the 2014 Annual.

New Animated Adventures Omnibus Vol. 2

Quote:
Spinning straight out of the nit Nickelodeon cartoon, New Animated Adventures provides all-ages excitement perfect for fans old and new! Follow along as Mikey, Donnie, Raph, Leo, April, and Casey battle villains such as Baxter Stockman, Fishface, The Kraang, Tiger Claw, and more in 21 action-packed tales! Collects issues #13–24.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:03 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Good, now I can have the entire run of NAA in two handy dandy volumes...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
<add to wishlist>
Old 07-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess issue 24 is the last issue of the Nick run since the collections stop there. Then there's the Batman crossover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:43 PM   #5
degausser
Thug

I wonder who is going to be on the cover of collection #4..
degausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by degausser View Post
I wonder who is going to be on the cover of collection #4..
Michelangelo or Krang, calling it right now. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

(Donatello for Hardback Volume 5, Shredder for HB Volume 6.)
Old 07-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are these huge collections easy to read when you're holding them in your hand? I still have all the standard trades that collect 4 issues, I'm wondering if I should start selling them off and upgrading but I don't know.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:12 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, it's not too shabby. It's got some weight to it, as you would expect, but nothing that feels burdensome. I sold off the contents of the first HC collection in order to convert with at least that volume, but I too am considering the full monty now. If nothing else, it makes storage/space a matter of much ease in comparison.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are these huge collections easy to read when you're holding them in your hand? I still have all the standard trades that collect 4 issues, I'm wondering if I should start selling them off and upgrading but I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, it's not too shabby. It's got some weight to it, as you would expect, but nothing that feels burdensome. I sold off the contents of the first HC collection in order to convert with at least that volume, but I too am considering the full monty now. If nothing else, it makes storage/space a matter of much ease in comparison.
I like that the issues are in chronological order. The micro-issues really bugged me in TPB form.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #10
degausser
Thug

Quote:
they're pretty good. the first one was poorly made though, I returned 3 of them before I got a "decent" one.

looking forward to the 3rd & 4th of the idw collection.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I like that the issues are in chronological order. The micro-issues really bugged me in TPB form.
Yeah, great presentation aside, that was the biggest selling point for me. I'm a stickler for that sort of thing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are the only issues they skipped over in these collections the Infestation 2-parter so far? Seems to me they even included both of the Eastman Annuals.

They'll obviously skip the X-files crossover too, but I really hope they include the Ghostbuster one in these because it introduces a new Pantheon character.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, great presentation aside, that was the biggest selling point for me. I'm a stickler for that sort of thing.
It was a huge pain for my wife. I handed her my trades and said, "Read this whole volume plus chapter 1 of volume 2, then read Raph, then read Mike, then another chapter of volume 2, then Don, then the rest of volume 2, then Leo, then..."

She actually did it, but she complained vociferously about the hassle.

Quote:
Are the only issues they skipped over in these collections the Infestation 2-parter so far? Seems to me they even included both of the Eastman Annuals.

They'll obviously skip the X-files crossover too, but I really hope they include the Ghostbuster one in these because it introduces a new Pantheon character.
They'll absolutely keep the Ghostbusters crossover. It's mandatory reading. (If Transformers can have a Marvel Avengers crossover in THEIR hardbacks, a crossover within house will be easy-peasy.)

I wouldn't mind them leaving out the Batman crossover, though.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:47 AM   #14
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
It was a huge pain for my wife. I handed her my trades and said, "Read this whole volume plus chapter 1 of volume 2, then read Raph, then read Mike, then another chapter of volume 2, then Don, then the rest of volume 2, then Leo, then..."

She actually did it, but she complained vociferously about the hassle.

They'll absolutely keep the Ghostbusters crossover. It's mandatory reading. (If Transformers can have a Marvel Avengers crossover in THEIR hardbacks, a crossover within house will be easy-peasy.)

I wouldn't mind them leaving out the Batman crossover, though.
I imagine they will leave it out, just like the Deviations issue, since it is the IDW Turtles but an AU version of them
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I imagine they will leave it out, just like the Deviations issue, since it is the IDW Turtles but an AU version of them
Exactly. Plus, the crossover didn't do anything important from an in-story perspective. Ghostbusters/TMNT is absolutely essential.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #16
degausser
Thug

Quote:
Exactly. Plus, the crossover didn't do anything important from an in-story perspective. Ghostbusters/TMNT is absolutely essential.

eh, I still think it would have been nice to include the cross overs. if none of the others make it I hope they put them out in a hardcover collection.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by degausser View Post
eh, I still think it would have been nice to include the cross overs. if none of the others make it I hope they put them out in a hardcover collection.
I don't mind it (in fact prefer it) as it wanders from the ongoing storyline, but I can understand completionists' pain.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Batman/TMNT is already getting its own hardcover, so that's not a big deal.

The Ghostbusters crossover on the other hand just has the standard soft-cover trade and should be included in these collections
Old 08-21-2016, 12:14 PM   #19
Avenger
Thug

I pre-commanded volume 3 and Amazon and I should receive it by the end of the week.

This collection is so great. I didn't read any TMNT comic for years before getting the volume 1. So I'm discovering the story as it comes out.

The only thing I dislike is the time between each volume so I have to wait before discovering the story.

How goes the original comic release? Are we near to reach it?
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #20
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I pre-commanded volume 3 and Amazon and I should receive it by the end of the week.

This collection is so great. I didn't read any TMNT comic for years before getting the volume 1. So I'm discovering the story as it comes out.

The only thing I dislike is the time between each volume so I have to wait before discovering the story.

How goes the original comic release? Are we near to reach it?
Volume 3 goes up to #28, the series is at #64 now, we might reach that number in 2-3 years...

Tags
collected books, idw's tmnt, new animated adventures