The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2020, 06:36 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Agreed. As I've mentioned elsewhere it's just a breather before the series 10th anniversary next year.
I hope IDW does something interesting with the covers to celebrate, and I don't mean just an avalanche of variants as per usual. I missed the connecting covers from Vengeance in the run-up to #100, those made the whole thing feel much more epic.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #42
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Guys I’m sorry but I can’t take people using the word “edgey” unironically in 2020 seriously.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Guys I?m sorry but I can?t take people using the word ?edgey? unironically in 2020 seriously.
Well, you shouldn't. People who say "edgey" aren't spelling it properly. Why take them seriously?

Bad spelling just isn't edgy. It's lame.

And the OXFORD COMMA SHALL NEVER DIE. NOT AS LONG AS EVEN ONE OF US REMEMBERS. NAY, A REMNANT SHALL RISE, USHERING FORTH A NEW AGE OF GRAMMATICAL GLORY!
Old 08-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well, you shouldn't. People who say "edgey" aren't spelling it properly. Why take them seriously?

Bad spelling just isn't edgy. It's lame.

And the OXFORD COMMA SHALL NEVER DIE. NOT AS LONG AS EVEN ONE OF US REMEMBERS. NAY, A REMNANT SHALL RISE, USHERING FORTH A NEW AGE OF GRAMMATICAL GLORY!
You love that sh*t.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You love that sh*t.
Some people stroke it to rock hard reptile titties, some people touch themselves to proper grammar.

Judge not, lest ye be judged, an' all that.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:10 AM   #46
rs_jr
Random Punk

I gave it the my best when it came out and bough every issues but had to drop it after utrom empire because i just couldn't get into it.

This year i tried again and bough all the 10 hardcover collection and couldn't make it through the fourth one

I wish they would just launch mirage issues like they do with G I joe RAH and give us the 18 issues a year from the mirage TMNT
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:51 AM   #47
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Yes, it did lost some steam.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #48
daggio
Foot Soldier

Do I believe its lost steam? Seemingly yes, BUT I think it's too early since 100 to declare that IDWs TMNT has lost steam forever. I think, hopefully, that these arcs since 100 will lead to major arcs and stories later. The potential, at least to me, is there. So, I'm hoping that, despite the book kinda slowing down in my view, that things will pick up since the tools are there.

Now, with that said, personally I miss the way Waltz scripted the dialogue. I know some had issues with what he did, but I liked it. I don't care for this "apologizing for my actions" kinda stuff or "getting in touch with my feelings" kinda stuff that's been happening since 101. Those aren't extremely common, but everytime they've happened, I cringe thinking that this isn't what I liked from before.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only problem to me is the "putting on the shelf" of stories like the Utrom/Triceraton predicament for so long. Especially with Ch'rell awake and he hasn't really done anything.

I also think Null's stuff would have been better off resolved in mini-series/specials or not really introduced since the main ongoing never has time to include her.

I'm well aware The Patheon will be around the entire series and Rat King is essentially the main villain of all of IDW now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #50
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only problem to me is the "putting on the shelf" of stories like the Utrom/Triceraton predicament for so long. Especially with Ch'rell awake and he hasn't really done anything.

I also think Null's stuff would have been better off resolved in mini-series/specials or not really introduced since the main ongoing never has time to include her.
I completely agree. The Burnow Island stuff, especially, is problematic in that it almost defies logic that nothing has eminated from that whole plot point with 6+ months since Battle Lines (from an in-story chronological standpoint). Its almost hard to believe that Ch'rell hasn't made any major moves off the island since.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #51
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
I completely agree. The Burnow Island stuff, especially, is problematic in that it almost defies logic that nothing has eminated from that whole plot point with 6+ months since Battle Lines (from an in-story chronological standpoint). Its almost hard to believe that Ch'rell hasn't made any major moves off the island since.
I still think Ch'rell will turn out to be a very different character than what we were expecting. He won't just be Krang 2.0, aka 2 Krang 2 Furious. There would be no point in bringing him in for that, especially not when we have the original back from the dead... He already seemed much different than what the other Utroms described him as during Battle Lines.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #52
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The Utroms and Triceratons made friends with each other and are living happily and carefree together on Burnow Island.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #53
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
The Utroms and Triceratons made friends with each other and are living happily and carefree together on Burnow Island.
Until Krang shows up
Old 08-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #54
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
They've... They've been eating the corpses of the fallen EPF soldiers, haven't they?
Old 08-21-2020, 01:07 PM   #55
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure a violent mass murderer like Ch'rell is happily having a picnic with a group of Triceratons on the barren ground right now...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #56
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Has TMNT lost its edge?

No. Just ton of crying fan boys on here. From the looks of it anyway.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #57
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_jr View Post
I gave it the my best when it came out and bough every issues but had to drop it after utrom empire because i just couldn't get into it.

This year i tried again and bough all the 10 hardcover collection and couldn't make it through the fourth one

I wish they would just launch mirage issues like they do with G I joe RAH and give us the 18 issues a year from the mirage TMNT
I hear ya.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #58
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Has TMNT lost its edge?

No. Just ton of crying fan boys on here. From the looks of it anyway.
No, it's actually pretty mellow in here. Are you just venting or something? Yours is the most inflammatory post here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:05 PM   #59
rs_jr
Random Punk

do you guys think IDW will end this current TMNT version and relaunch a new one like they did with transformers?
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #60
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_jr View Post
do you guys think IDW will end this current TMNT version and relaunch a new one like they did with transformers?
it doubt it I want them to continue doing it. I would like to see these characters grow into adults.