The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I've seen some Snyder fans convinced that Johns was fired because he was the one responsible for getting Snyder removed from Justice League.
doesn't surprise me those Snyder fans are crazy. They treat Snyder like a Messiah.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I've seen some Snyder fans convinced that Johns was fired because he was the one responsible for getting Snyder removed from Justice League.
That may sound crazy to you or I... but think about it. Snyder's original version might not have been good (or maybe it would have?)... but even BvS made more money than God. The only thing shareholders and investors are going to care about is "So who is it that made us shoot the movie a second time, double the budget... and STILL have it underperform lower than all other DCEU movies????"

If it was Geoff, then his head was on the chopping block.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
doesn't surprise me those Snyder fans are crazy. They treat Snyder like a Messiah.
I know one guy like this.
He is quite normal otherwise, but when someone dare to criticize "awesome vision of maestro Snyder" he goes of the rails and blames everything and everyone, from Marvel / Disney conspiracy to people being unprepared to understand "Snyder's majestic visionary genius".

Which why it is fun to poke him about that.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #24
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I know one guy like this.
He is quite normal otherwise, but when someone dare to criticize "awesome vision of maestro Snyder" he goes of the rails and blames everything and everyone, from Marvel / Disney conspiracy to people being unprepared to understand "Snyder's majestic visionary genius".

Which why it is fun to poke him about that.
yup that sounds like a Snyder fanboy
Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #25
sdp
-

I love Snyder's style, if only his stories were a little bit tighter he'd be my perfect director. 300, Watchmen, that owl movie, BatmanVSuperman, Suckerpunch, MoS are all movies I loved or at least enjoyed. There's always a few things here and there that drop them from being all time favorites and it's usually story.

He definitely doesn't deserve the hate that he gets and I'd rather watch any of his movies than Whedon's Borefests.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Snyder's kind of the definition of a "visionary director." He just doesn't understand story, like Ridley Scott.

Snyder with a good script, you get the "Dawn of the Dead" remake, or "300," or "Watchmen." Great movies, IMHO.

Snyder writing his own stuff... you get "Sucker Punch." Or a bunch of "iconic" comic books spliced together to form BvS.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #27
Sumac
Banned

Snyder has a good eye for a good picture and special effects, but he absolutely sucks at everything else.
And ideal solution would have been Snyder on picture, someone else on dialogues and characters.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.cbr.com/johns-reinvent-green-lantern-dc/

“I’m going to be hopefully delivering a script that Warner loves and DC likes and they want to make it,” Johns concluded, adding it’s “going to celebrate the mythology and reinvent it in a different way.”

In other words, it's almost 2019 and there's still no script and even if there is, maybe WB just passes on it. This is quite a promotion for Johns, all right.

Let's get it straight. So... Geoff Johns simultaneously "steps down" as both CCO and DC Entertainment president for the big opportunity to... eh, write a draft of "Green Lantern Corps" for WB that they have no obligation to humor?
Old 07-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #29
Sumac
Banned

Guess, WB overlords have tired of DCCU ********.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder when they will start filming Geoff's "Green Lantern Corps" script that he was "promoted" away from being DC CCO and WB Entertainment CEO to write. Surely soon, if it's going to meet its 2020 date!

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-06-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #31
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I wonder when they will start filming Geoff's "Green Lantern Corps" script that he was "promoted" away from being DC CCO and WB Entertainment CEO to write. Surely soon, if it's going to meet its 2020 date!

Who would you rather have write a Green Lantern Corps script? Any particular writers, film or comic, come to mind?
Old 06-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Who would you rather have write a Green Lantern Corps script? Any particular writers, film or comic, come to mind?
Let Grant Morrison take a stab at it. Or Christopher McQuarrie.

Tags
cuck johns