Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Never say I didn't do anything for you.
Spoiler:
How and why is this a thing??? I do not understand what I just watched, why it exists, or wtf that even was.... but best part of the day. Why did I not know this exists? The kids... they're all like, "OMG, this damn Turtle! Stop doing it wrong!"

Alright, so next time any one whines that he's "too perfect" I will claim that yes, Leo has his flaws. For starters, he's bad at row boats. (Jokingly.) Maybe muscle memory for sword use is too hard to get away from and he just flails the oars around ineffectively... lol

Thanks for sharing that.

Anyway, where were we...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #22
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
How and why is this a thing??? I do not understand what I just watched, why it exists, or wtf that even was.... but best part of the day. Why did I not know this exists? The kids... they're all like, "OMG, this damn Turtle! Stop doing it wrong!"

Alright, so next time any one whines that he's "too perfect" I will claim that yes, Leo has his flaws. For starters, he's bad at row boats. (Jokingly.) Maybe muscle memory for sword use is too hard to get away from and he just flails the oars around ineffectively... lol

Thanks for sharing that.

Anyway, where were we...
You're not alone in your confusion, Michael Sinterniklaas is right there with you.
Spoiler:
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Awesome and adorable reaction from him.

Spoiler:
Well now that I ventured fully into that deliciously terrible bit of Turtle history... I don't know what's worse, Leo and his row boat or Raph who can't deal with a carousel but refuses to sit normally and instead climbs around on the horse(s) like a weirdo. lol

Someone should hire very bad, very amateur script and song writers who enjoy a retro style and have the PD brothers do a sequel for sheer guilty pleasure entertainment value.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-03-2018 at 05:53 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:26 PM   #24
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I've always been disturbed by those costumes. They look like puppets fashioned from exhumed Ninja Turtle corpses, Texas Chainsaw Massacre style.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:47 PM   #25
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Thanks for sharing that.

Anyway, where were we...
Wow! And I thought We Wish You a Turtles Christmas was bad. I'd still rather watch that over the PD films. Turtle Tunes though, I'll have to get around to watching that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
You're not alone in your confusion, Michael Sinterniklaas is right there with you.
Spoiler:
MS' reaction was priceless as hell!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #26
ABrown
Banned

I think it depends on what kind of treatment Nickelodeon gives the show. If they give them the Justice League Action 5:00 A.M. once a week treatment, then it's fate will be the same as JLA: it won't see the end of its first season. Sticking with the Cartoon Network analogy, if it gets the Teen Titans Go airing 62 times a day treatment, it might be a huge success. So depending on how Nickelodeon treats the show, it could end up on either end of the spectrum or anywhere in between.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Why was JLA given such a horrible time slot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #28
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't you guys ever get bored of hating on a show before it even airs? At least wait till you see what it's like before speculating doom and gloom.
Nope. Next there will be a thread on how people are stupid for liking said show.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #29
newfan
Mad Scientist

If the show captures kids and sells toys then I don't see why it would get less than 3 seasons. Nick showing some love would help too, which I think they will in the start.

Anyway, so how many seasons do people consider as success on here?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #30
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't you guys ever get bored of hating on a show before it even airs? At least wait till you see what it's like before speculating doom and gloom.
Like you, when Justice League Action was revealed?

It's hard to really say at this point. As of right now, this show has more of a 'wait and see' impression on me. If it's successful, I guess maybe three to four seasons. If it fails, then just the one season.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 04-05-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Justice League Action is fine, I was just surprised Kevin Conroy was playing Batman in it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #32
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Why was JLA given such a horrible time slot.
Quite a bit of CN's shows have been given terrible time slots for the past few years. Sonic Boom included. If this show were to air on CN, it definitely would be one of them.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Cartoon Network hates all action shows.

Same reason Young Justice Season 3 will be airing on DC's new online streaming channel rather than Cartoon Network because they don't want it.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #34
Xav
Foot Elite

So than why did they order another season of Samurai Jack and air it at prime time?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:05 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There is so much more beyond "Leonardo Has a Rowboat" and it's like looking deep into a pit in Hell.
Worse than Coming Out of Our Shells, worse than having terrible Christmas time management.

Just...doing a whole lot of nothing to public use songs.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #36
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
So than why did they order another season of Samurai Jack and air it at prime time?
Only because Genndy kept bugging them to. They weren't exactly beating down his door to do it.

If they were truly interested, wouldn't they have picked it up immediately? It took him years to find some network or producers to take him, and I think he ended up returning to CN, who at the end only gave him 10 episodes. Either they were not interested in that show anymore, or what he intended to have in the final season wasn't something they were that thrilled about. Even though SJ did return on the air (briefly) they didn't seem exactly enthusiastic about the idea of bringing it back, so I don't know if this could really be used as a good example.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 04-07-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #37
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I just love a lot of the reasons some people give for hating this;

"Where are Krang and Shredder? It's not TMNT without the Krang and shredder! I don't' care about other villains, I want my krang and shredder!"

"Why do they have magic powers? I don't care if ninjas in Japanese folklore have magic powers, turtles must have no powers!"

"Why are they all different species of turtles? How dare they not all be red ears sliders EVERY TIME! I don't care how interesting they look!"

"Different weapons? No! the turtles must always have their signature weapons! How dare Splinter start them off with different weapons for their ninja training!"

"Leo must be leader! How dare you have leader grow into that role, instead of just naturally starting out a good leader! Raph would never declare himself leader, and use his strength and anger to try and enforce his will! He never was mad about not being leader, and never argued with Leo over it! Leo must be leader!"

"It's not the 2012 series! The 2012 series was done story-wise, but I want it back, waaaaaaah!"

UGH! I hate being a turtle fan sometimes

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 04-09-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

The funniest part of it all is all the classic TMNT elements will likely come into play as the show progresses too. You'll see Shredder and other familiar villains (they flat out said old villains would return in the latest interview), Leo will likely grow into the leader (again they heavily implied Raph is only leading temporary), and we'll probably see Raph get his sai's too.

Granted the Turtles and April's designs will stick the entire show, but I suppose people will get used to them.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #39
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I just love a lot of the reasons some people give for hating this;

"Where are Krang and Shredder? It's not TMNT without the Krang and shredder! I don't' care about other villains, I want my krang and shredder!"

"Why do they have magic powers? I don't care if ninjas in Japanese folklore have magic powers, turtles must have no powers!"

"Why are they all different species of turtles? How dare they not all be red ears sliders EVERY TIME! I don't care how interesting they look!"

"Different weapons? No! the turtles must always have their signature weapons! How dare Splinter start them off with different weapons for their ninja weapons!"

"Leo must be leader! How dare you have leader grow into that role, instead of just naturally starting out a good leader! Raph would never declare himself leader, and use his strength and anger to try and enforce, he never was mad about not being leader, and argued with Leo over it! Leo must be leader!"

"It's not the 2012 series! The 2012 series was done story-wise, but I want it back, waaaaaaah!"

UGH! I hate being a turtle fan sometimes
Don't forget 'There's gotta be Bebop and Rocksteady. If the villain has any henchmen, they gotta be Bebop and Rocksteady!'
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #40
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Don't forget 'There's gotta be Bebop and Rocksteady. If the villain has any henchmen, they gotta be Bebop and Rocksteady!'
Yeah, as much as I love those two, they don't have to be EVERYWHERE! While they are my favorite shredder henchman, they make no sense if shredder isn't even THERE! XD

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote