The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Blister Stockboy?! BAXTER STOCKMAN!!!
DOOM!!!!!! 20 25.64%
Totally love the Splinter/April interaction - oh yeah... Killer FAN! 19 24.36%
Hey Raph, enjoy your playdate? 28 35.90%
Xever looks like one of the kids from the Boondocks... 11 14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #61
Shredded
Foot Soldier

Question... when Karai finds out that she is in fact Splinters daughter.

Any of you think feelings of jalousie could enter the character? I mean, Splinter basically got four new children to replace her. And to make matters worse, now it's April, whom got the fan meant for Miwa/Karai.

I just mean.. if I was Karai finding out all of that, I probably would be slightly pissed. That is a rather big auchie. Even if she didn't know that Splinter was her father.

Or maybe she does know, that Shredder told her a long time ago that Hamato Yoshi is her real father, and the little lie is that Splinter left her?
In which case another girl her age showing up with her fan would hurt even more :/

Well the episode after the next one is called. "Karais vendetta." hopefully some questions will be answered there.

And the next is called. "The enemy of my enemy." ... I so hope that title implies Shredder and Krang interaction.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #62
snake
Disgusting

Did anyone see the awesome snes styled closing promo for turtles? I love it!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #63
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

"I gonna sing the doom song now....doom, doom, doom, doomy, doomy, doom....."

A fan?!

Xever (aka Huey) backstory was touching

Leo: Blister Stockboy!

Great new episode. My life is balanced.

I had a thought:
Spoiler:
April is Miwa.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #64
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post

I had a thought:
Spoiler:
April is Miwa.
That would be interesting.

Spoiler:
except for the fact that April looks nothing like Yoshi or Shen

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #65
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

[QUOTE=Luigiperps;1080393]That would be interesting.

ninjas are the masters of disguise.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #66
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/0...+All+Articles)

IGN's Review of 'Baxters Gambit': (8.6/10)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #67
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

so guys..Splinter said that Miwa would have been around April's age XD

Spoiler:
now I'm sure it's Karai (same age!!)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #68
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Finally got to watch it. Great episode for what essentially could be seen as a 'filler' episode. Episodes like this and Never Say Xever are so much better than mutant of the week eps like Cockroach Terminator.

- Great to finally see the Turtles, the Kraang, the Foot, Dogpound and FishFace in one big fight at the same time

- Glad to see Baxter break away from the Foot and not look like a bumbling idiot with his plan.

- as everyone has mentioned, loved the Xever backstory. The FishFace / Raph connection was cool too. I'm glad they still had FishFace throw the ball of doom at the end

- Not really a fan of what they're doing with April. Never liked the idea of her being a ninja. Oh well, at least we got more hints about Miwa being Karai.

Another strong episode from Jase Ricci. This and I, Monster are his only credits so far but both episodes have been fantastic.

I'm ready for Shredder to get back in the mix. It seems weird that he hasn't made a move himself since The Gauntlet.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #69
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So many things to love!

- April's training and metal fan. Simple and elegant.
- Leo stabbing his sword straight at Stockman's face (when he's in the robot). Killer intent through and through, I love it.
- They break the monster-of-the-week tradition, if I'm correct. Nice.
- Xever's backstory. I love that they give backstory to other characters as well.
- The Baxter's maze/trap reminds me of an exact same thing in one of the Teen Titans episode.
- Mikey's boredom of Baxter's monologing.

Awesome episode. :3
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #70
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Always thought Karai was older... she sure seems more developed than April. She also seems older than the Turtles, while April seems to be the same age as the Turtles.

Anyways here are my thoughts. http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...rs-gambit.html

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #71
Ninjawolf
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Always thought Karai was older... she sure seems more developed than April. She also seems older than the Turtles, while April seems to be the same age as the Turtles.

Anyways here are my thoughts. http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...rs-gambit.html
April's 16 (a year older than the Turtles) so her and Karai being the same age fits... as for her being more 'developed' teens develop at different rates...
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #72
Shredded
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

April is one year older than the turtles, while they are fifteen she's sixteen.

So yeah.. that would make Karai sixteen to, all-though I actually kind of initially thought she was seventeen, just slightly older than April. And hell she might still be, they would still be almost the same age.

It's just things must have happened so fast to Splinter if he first had baby Miwa, then had his home destroyed, then fleed from Japan to the US, then got mutated. And after that we know he spend fifteen years raising turtles.

So well, the question for me has always been, how old was Miwa when Splinter got mutated? I choose to say two years. Because then it would give Splinter one year to actually be with Miwa and Tang-shen, and another year where he gets to New-york and life alone for a little while. That's just me.

Last edited by Shredded; 04-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #73
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Idk... I kinda never saw as Karai and April being the same age until this line.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #74
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Not a bad episode but not a great one either.
Do you think they could try and squeeze anymore information into this episode?
I did like Raphael teaming up with Fishface though and getting a bit of his backstory.
This episode really just looked nice and that's mostly how it came off to me.
Look at all of our characters they've got more details because we got a bigger budget now lol.
It's all good though and seriously Mikey is my favorite on this new show and I've never been a fan of that character before.
The teaming up with the hench mutants really reminds me of the 80's toon when that would happen with Bebop and Rocksteady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
How did Baxter repair the Stockmanpod without the tPod?
I was wondering the same when I watched this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
What's Venus' choice of weapon?
Mystic Balls *giggles*
But the action figure came with the fan blades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I agree. IMO, Cockroach Terminator is the worst episode so far.
I have to dissagree, I think that "The Pulverizer" episode is by far the worst so far.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 04-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #75
miru
Mad Scientist

April gets her battle fans... Maybe she will become Venus?

Oh, and it's implied Miwa's still out there...
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #76
Forneus
Thug

What an outstanding episode. I love storylines that put their heroes together with their villains against a common threat and this was a truly inspired example. From the Arcade-like maze, to the stellar action (that went with some great music) to story development on the Xever and April front, nothing was off about this episode at all.

Raphael and Fishface's playdate was my favorite part of the episode. It made the character of ever a tad deeper and gave us quite the insight into his mindset. He's a cool villain and I love that the show didn't defang him, with his final try at the turtles at the very end.

But April and Splinter's scenes were just as good. I am really liking this version of April (and I thought I'd hate her) and I love the fact that they are not skirting around her kunoichi training. I'd like even more. Gorgeous weapon and quite the sad story to go with it. I can't wait for more April in action moments.

And lots of people seem to complain about Raphael's lack of sense or development...Who really understood Splinter's lesson in the end? Eh...he's just fine.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #77
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Compared to the Cockroach episode? This one was much better in terms of writing and story.
I don't deny this, I don't know, I guess it just depends on one's preference and mood as to what kind of episode they enjoy. Myself, I prefer the more humorous adventure episodes, and that was lacking in this episode. I feel like nothing happened in this episode, no new questions were asked and no old questions were answered. At least in "Cockroach Terminator" we got a new character who could possibly return, and a new vehicle specifically for Raph.

Again I don't think this was a bad episode, I don't think any of the episodes so far have been bad (maybe "The Pulverizer?) I guess it wasn't my cup of tea.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #78
kzekedaurus
Thug

Ok, so my thoughts:
It was better than I thought it would be. The labyrinth has a cool and very clean design. Surreal too. And I know with most cartoons, you're not supposed to ask how he's able to make these things and where he has the space to put them, but... yeah. I mean, even with a supplier like Shredder. Eh.

The beast of DOOM was also cool: the missile launched mousers, the hydra heads, the shock wave blast. Please say THAT's gonna' be a toy. And speaking of doom, I would like to think Jhonen Vasquez would approve.

Finally, on the personal side of things, Xever's backstory was nice. I was surprised that it was Raph who applied Splinter's lesson at the end. Which I shoulda' seen coming, because Raph is a cynic. He understands that Fishface is still his enemy, and that he can't let his guard down just because they shared a moment there. He understands the nature of the enemy. I like these moments, because they seem to work better than the Raph-centric episodes in developing the character. Any way, good on the writers for that.

And april got a weapon. WOO! Not gonna' comment on the Miwa stuff till the writers get to that.
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #79
Keroscene
Foot Soldier

It was an okay episode. It was nowhere near as good as the cockroach episode, but the only thing that bugged me about it was the feeling that the whole maze thing seemed a little beyond Baxter's abilities.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #80
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
I don't deny this, I don't know, I guess it just depends on one's preference and mood as to what kind of episode they enjoy.
I guess it does.....I didn't like TCRI and Mouser's attack XD...but loved all the other episodes including the Raph episodes which people think were the weakest I also loved the Pulverizer >

but I noticed I like episodes more if they show my favorite characters alot XD...........

Tags
nick