The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #101
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
-The surprisingly lack of Leatherhead in late Season 5. When the Turtles were gathering everyone they could, both ally and enemy, to take on Tengu Shredder, I couldn't help but feel that something was missing. Until I realized it was Leatherhead. I would've been okay with it if there was a reason or explanation for his absence, but nothing of the sort was given and never alluded to.
I've had this thought in my head for a while now. This is what bothers me about season 5 the most.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #102
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic
- laser guns, aliens/planetary travel in general
take out hun and yes, spot on for me.

shredder not being human bothered me, and his many defeats/ revivals got annoying. Casey im just not a fan of in general. The magicy stuff was probably the thing i hated most, i actually skipped through episodes where too much of that was going on, and had to force myself to watch season 5, since i didnt want to skip a full season. And same goes for all the space crap, if it had only been done a little, sure it would have been cool, but it happened too much for me to enjoy. i like the turtles being only ninjas, fighting in new york/farm etc., with no mystic powers.

Hun i actually liked, especially around season 2-3 with his rivalry with karai
Old 08-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #103
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Oh man, I forgot about the superhero episodes on account that I always skip those upon re-watching the series. Not only did I think they were pushing the envelope in terms of how 'child-friendly' the show had to be at times, but also was just the kind of filler I could barely care about. Yeah, I know the whole point of filler is to not care if it doesn't advance the plot in any way, but even when all the superhero stuff did come to a point in Season 5 with Nano coming back and becoming a member of the Justice Force, it still didn't feel like anything major besides maybe finally closing Nano's personal arc.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #104
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
Oh man, I forgot about the superhero episodes on account that I always skip those upon re-watching the series. Not only did I think they were pushing the envelope in terms of how 'child-friendly' the show had to be at times, but also was just the kind of filler I could barely care about. Yeah, I know the whole point of filler is to not care if it doesn't advance the plot in any way, but even when all the superhero stuff did come to a point in Season 5 with Nano coming back and becoming a member of the Justice Force, it still didn't feel like anything major besides maybe finally closing Nano's personal arc.
Which was an annoying character that never needed an arc to close in the first place...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #105
CyberCubed
Overlord

I didn't mind Nano. He was just a robot character and I liked the childlike view it had toward its father.

I definitely prefer him over the other Season 1 filler characters, like Garbageman or Abigail Fin.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #106
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I didn't mind Nano. He was just a robot character and I liked the childlike view it had toward its father.

I definitely prefer him over the other Season 1 filler characters, like Garbageman or Abigail Fin.
well, technically garbage man was supposed to be more elaborate, but they never aired the episode "nightmares recycled" since he and hun were conjoined twins at birth, which i think wouldve been interesting.

i actually liked nano, atleast his first two appearances, and then liked how they even brought him back with baxter in season 5, unfortunately, i hated all the superhero episodes
Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #107
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

-Cody
-Back To The Sewers

All good before then, pretty much.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #108
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
-Cody
-Back To The Sewers

All good before then, pretty much.
I didn't like Hun as a character and I didn't really like the voice work for the Turtles.
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #109
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I didn't like Hun as a character and I didn't really like the voice work for the Turtles.
What was wrong with the VA? The character voices for the Turtles were all done well, ignoring how Mike's VA exaggerated all his lines in the later seasons.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #110
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What was wrong with the VA? The character voices for the Turtles were all done well, ignoring how Mike's VA exaggerated all his lines in the later seasons.
I don't know it's just like to me that they didn't really "act" well or something. With this new series I just get the feeling that they really feel the dialog and in that show I didn't really get that feeling. I liked it though. Don't get me wrong. I just didn't really think the voices were all that great.
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #111
zbowen
Random Punk

Seasons 5-7 were awful. Seriously nothing redeeming about them. I also was not a fan of the portrayal of Casey, he had good moments, but he was mostly too dumbed down.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #112
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
I've only recently started catching up on 2k3, and so far I really dislike Raphael's voice, and I can't say I have much affection for Splinter.
Otherwise, not bad so far
Now, you see i really liked Raph's voice. It's the voice that's always in my head whenever i think of Raph.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbowen View Post
Seasons 5-7 were awful. Seriously nothing redeeming about them. I also was not a fan of the portrayal of Casey, he had good moments, but he was mostly too dumbed down.
Nothing redeeming about them? All 3 of them have their share of great episodes. I don't think you people know what, "awful" actually means.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #114
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic
- laser guns, aliens/planetary travel in general
Wow really??? I thought Casey was leaps and bounds better than the OT Casey.

I personally dont care for majic either and I was fine with it up until season 5 when they just bled majic.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #115
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Wow really??? I thought Casey was leaps and bounds better than the OT Casey.
If you're curious why some thought OT Casey was better than 2K3 Casey, there was a thread of it here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=43856

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 10-07-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #116
CansecoBat
Banned

Utrom Shredder killed the entire show for me. And up until that point, I was really engaged. A huge fan. I used to post on the boards during that time "TurtlePower2k3". I even enjoyed the fluff, and corny episodes. It was almost up to snuff with the greats like B:TAS, S:TAS for me.

But Shredder being an un-intentionally hilarious and un-intimidating Krang / Shredder hybrid, after being built up to be one of the most menacing villains I've seen in a cartoon ruined everything for me.

It was a needless re-invention to me, to make the mythology or lore cooler / broader in scope. But at the same time it destroyed the character of Orku Saki, and the personal, intimate conflict between Splinter and the Turtles inherent in the source material. They turned him into a bland take over galaxies alien villain.

It sucked, plain and simple. Laird out kicked his coverage trying something new with that one. The decapitation scene to end Return to New York was epic, but I felt they could've found another way to bring him back, while cooly picking up his head, besides making him a little pink turd inside of a machine's belly.

- Guardians
- Mystic / Magical Crap

Oh, and I forgot. The 2003 toy line was bad. Very cheap stuff, limited articulation, paint that would rub off without even being touched. Probably the worst effort from Playmates I've seen.
CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #117
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CansecoBat View Post
Oh, and I forgot. The 2003 toy line was bad. Very cheap stuff, limited articulation, paint that would rub off without even being touched. Probably the worst effort from Playmates I've seen.
Paint rubbed off? I have never had that happen to me before
Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #118
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Paint rubbed off? I have never had that happen to me before
The paint on the bandanas for my turtles, and Casey's hair would just rub off in spots.

And this wasn't like I was banging my figures together like a retard. I was in my very late teens, early 20s by this point during the series.

That 2003 toy line didn't have as much effort put into it as the current Nick figures. The new line is more durable, better sculpted, better paint apps, better distribution. You name it.

Also, alot of the 2003 toy line was littered with "action features", I see the current ones having that occasionally for certain characters, but it seems like they're more concerned with just delivering quality figures.

The popularity of the current toys dwarf the 4kids show. Both in volume, and the way they seem to be moving.

It seems like the 2k3 show as a whole is slowly fading into the background. It's caught between the cultural boom show that was the '88 cartoon, and lost with the more marketed 2012 Nick show.

It's fading away into obscurity outside of fans of the mythology. I had a lot of friends who didn't even know there was a show from the early to late 2000s. And that's the other thing, this new show is coming on the heels of the last one ending just 3 - 4 years ago.
CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #119
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

^^ I have never had that happen ever. Ive had my figures for 11 years, and it has never happened. They all seem to be in very good condition.

Yeah, and unfortunately, you seem to be right. The 2003 series is going that way, but only with mainstream audience. Turtle fans still remember it, so that's good.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #120
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

The thing about the 2003 series is that, unlike the OT and NT, it wasn't broadcasted to a mainstream audience. The 2003 series was 4Kids, and, honestly, after watching one of their more "popular" shows, if you had sense, you wouldn't WANT to watch 4Kids. The 2003 series was the one thing 4Kids did RIGHT.

The OT was on a saturday morning block and the NT is on, of course, Nickelodeon. How are you NOT to know about it? So, yeah, you're right. If the 4Kids show was broadcasted to a more mainstream audience, however, it probably would have been MUCH more popular.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids