The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #1881
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw this shirt at work (but pic from online), young boys sizes, so doubtful I could even get into an XL if it existed, but thought it was kind of cute and a little different.

Pizza moon

Spoiler:
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #1882
Powder
So tired of this place

I kinda wanna buy that, cut the graphic off, & sew it to the back of my denim vest. Hmm! Wish it were a poster, that's a great design.

Though it wouldn't have killed 'em to white out Raph & Donnie's eyes & put new pupils in that are actually looking at the pizza moon, but hey, you can only expect so much.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #1883
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, agree, it would make a really cool poster. Maybe a t-shirt frame? Was already contemplating that with a different little shirt I recently bought (non-TMNT but reminded me of them with a nighttime NYC cityscape design).
Old 12-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #1884
Theli
Foot Soldier

I bought me that shirt official licensed nickelodeon

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/077...g?v=1438198738

And i'am wondering about the faces of the Turtles. The cover of issue one looks like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...tmnt+comic.jpg

So i wanna ask what about those faces on the shirt? They look like a proto-version that eastman and laird may had drawn before they even made the issue 1 cover ?!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #1885
Powder
So tired of this place

It's fan art. A recreation with changes made.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #1886
Theli
Foot Soldier

But i bought it from the nickelodeon store. Why do they sell fanart?
Old 12-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #1887
Powder
So tired of this place

Occasionally fan designs are picked up by shirt companies who get use of the license.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #1888
Theli
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Occasionally fan designs are picked up by shirt companies who get use of the license.
But if its official it should be produced by Nickelodeon themself, no? I'am really wondering if this is really fan art or something different. The turtles appear to have beaks on the shirt. That's something you just don't see much today and reminds me on early concept art by Laird.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #1889
Powder
So tired of this place

Not necessarily, no. It would be with their approval, though.

It's 100% not the work of Eastman/Laird or any other Mirage affiliate. Trust me on that.

Source of the fan art:
http://coveredblog.blogspot.com/2010...ge-mutant.html

Old 12-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #1890
Theli
Foot Soldier

Wow, thanks for the link. I'am still digging the fanart design on the shirt nontheless
Old 12-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #1891
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theli View Post
I bought me that shirt official licensed nickelodeon

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/077...g?v=1438198738

And i'am wondering about the faces of the Turtles. The cover of issue one looks like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...tmnt+comic.jpg

So i wanna ask what about those faces on the shirt? They look like a proto-version that eastman and laird may had drawn before they even made the issue 1 cover ?!
The art's not bad but I'd perfer the regular issue 1 drawing rather than this art.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:43 PM   #1892
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
The art's not bad but I'd perfer the regular issue 1 drawing rather than this art.
That's actually the only reason I didn't buy that shirt a year or so back. The fan art is cool enough, but the original still looks better, IMO. And the store also also had a red version of this, so that was an easy win:

Old 12-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #1893
Theli
Foot Soldier

I have that grey one too, bought it in a non-nickelodeon shop from the uk but official. great design
Old 01-11-2016, 05:47 PM   #1894
Tora
Hench Mutant

Just got this Retro Leo Shirt the other day from Walmart online. Love that it really takes from the old style from back in the late 80's

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...954ccbe.v1.jpg
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #1895
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh wow, that's stellar! I've always loved that piece of art. Wonder if they'll have it in store.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #1896
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
Just got this Retro Leo Shirt the other day from Walmart online. Love that it really takes from the old style from back in the late 80's

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...954ccbe.v1.jpg
Reminds me of one I had from the late 80's. I even have an old picture somewhere that has me in that shirt.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #1897
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Way too many cute Valentine things in Walmart. Hard to resist getting all of it and with a budget to keep in mind that took some serious self control. lol

I opted for this cute metal [mail]box that I can get my own use out of (came with stickers) and the Season 4 themed cards that come with magnets (since I assume those may be around this year only).

What I had to resist:
A similar card set that comes with stickers
Regular Nick TMNT card set that comes with candy
A smaller metal box (mailbox shaped this time) with stickers
A clear bucket, that kind of looks a little like a paint can imo (might see if those are still around later...)
Tall cardboard TMNT card 'mailbox' that comes with cards

Plus the gift kind of stuff of course.

Side note: on the display of the card sets, right in front... an empty box. It was the set with the magnets and has a little cut out window in the front of the box, so definitely nothing in there. I thought maybe someone for some reason stole it (Valentines stuff? really?) but it wasn't even open. How did this happen. And how did who ever stock it not notice.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #1898
Powder
So tired of this place

I almost went into my local Target the other day, glad I didn't, I'd have probably been in trouble seeing all that.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #1899
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ran over to Deals (the sister store of Dollar Tree) with the intention of getting a few greeting cards for people and naively allowed myself to scope the place out for TMNT stuff.

Often they (or at least my location) doesn't have a whole lot, but this time... Saw a few different sets of stickers, went sticker crazy and then it went down (up?) hill from there with the TMNT impulse shopping.

Like Walmart they had to go and have a few different sets of V-Day cards. Despite the one box saying $2.50 I got all three for $1 each, so little less guilt about buying a mass quantity of classroom Valentine cards for the heck of it. lol

I think two of the sets were the same as I saw at Walmart, however the third is a cool one with "lenticular print" cards, aka the images that change when you tilt them. (Three images per card in this case.)

Also got the three sticker sets and the he "Pop-Outz!" gab bag is a couple colorable images that come with a base to stand them up (along with three markers and stickers). Kinda neat, hasn't seen those before.

The art set was only $5, and Deals is having a 25% sale on anything over $2.50 so I got it for even cheaper. I largly bought it for the metal case, but it's got a bunch of cute/cool stuff in the set. TMNT themed print crayons, colored pencils, a couple regular pencils, markers, ruler, pad of paper, more stickers (4 sheets), sharpener, eraser. No themed print or molding on the scissors, but they're a clear green plastic. My favorite items though are prob the two tiny ink stamps - one is the footprint symbol for the Foot, and other is the Hamato clan symbol.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #1900
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
This is a thread to post pictures and/or sightings of any Nickelodeon TMNT merchandise that you find, wether it be in person in a store, or online. TONS of Nickelodeon TMNT merchandise is available now, such as clothing, candy, party supplies, stationary items, tupperware, coloring books, and so much more! Nickelodeon's version of TMNT could possibly have the biggest merchandise push since the OT, and who knows, maybe it could become even bigger than that eventually! The only merchandise that SHOULDN'T be posted in this thread is that of which comes from Playmates Toys' new TMNT toy line, because there are already threads covering those items. That includes the action figures, vehicles, and play sets. However, other things that Playmates makes such as the mini figures with cards or role play items can be posted here.
you say there's a thread for the nick figures line?
can I have a link?