The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-27-2018, 07:05 AM   #8221
Vegita-San
Emperor

when someone says something that jogs a memory.

was there a character, cartoon, live action, or puppet, that used to s ay 'rock-a, rocka' i n a gravely voice?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:09 AM   #8222
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

was there a character, cartoon, live action, or puppet, that used to s ay 'rock-a, rocka' i n a gravely voice?
You mean the Newtralizer from the 2012 TMNT series?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:28 AM   #8223
Vegita-San
Emperor

that could of been it.

It's been bugging me for the last few days.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #8224
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Displaying an excessive lack of self awareness in public should be illegal...

Had just parked in front of the second store in my account for my job that I'd go to today. Was getting my stuff together and saw a family in the side mirror. Looked like they were head to the van next to me so I decided to wait a moment to give him a chance to get in their car.

So... they couldn't be slower and decided to open both side doors and left them open while they then go and open the back and fiddle around with stuff back there... Meanwhile it's 90 degrees today and I'm on the clock so I guess I'm suppose to just wait for them? Wtf. Rude. Sure, they aren't psychic, but to not even consider that maybe the person next to them wants to get out of their 100-and-some degree car... UGH.

My previous store was in the next parking lot over so it's pointless to bother with putting the AC on the short drive, so my car had sat there heating up for almost two hours between stores...

I manged to squeeze through my door, though it ended up hitting theirs. Oh well. Were I bolder, I should have closed theirs, with a bit of force.

Would have appreciated if they'd at least have noticed me trying to get out and apologized instead of clearly existing solely in their own little bubble.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #8225
Ninjinister
無問題

Welllll I just lost my job. End date will actually coincide with my 12th anniversary with the company.

So yeah, I'm not pleased with that at all.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:04 PM   #8226
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That sucks, esp after that long! Hope you find something else good in the near future.

Not quite a grind exactly, but kind of hate when a day just feels weird. Almost ominous even. Probably a mix of the day never feeling like it fully happened due to the gloomy weather, making it feel super lazy, and also having woken up this morning from one of those dreams you're glad was only a dream. edit: Realized that it's also weirdly quiet out which may be part of it... The birds aren't nearly as active and don't hear any of the cicadas.

9/3 - When you've been waiting for months for hopefully something you want/need to go on sale and check their website now and then never with any luck (Target in this case) and you think, hey, it's Labor Day, maybe it'll be on sale for once! And sure enough they are... but for $3 and $5 off which is hardly anything. >.>

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-03-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #8227
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, if the home buttons are gone on the new iphones, how does one operate it?

Old 09-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #8228
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Spoiler:

Tech support may be quite busy, please hold.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-12-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #8229
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

the fact that the college I go to doesn't give a flying f*ck about commuter students. Stop targeting the poor students who struggle to find parking, especially when you felt the need to get rid of one of the commuter parking lots to put a useless park no one appreciates in it's place! SO MUCH F*CK YOU!!!!!!

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:48 AM   #8230
Vegita-San
Emperor

two relatively good alternate universe dreams.

one nightmare. about a demon that made people age by bringing folks into the future and eveyone else had to survive be becoming a cyborg. the demon then went off to finish off the cyborg people.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #8231
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

my rising student debt...

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:23 AM   #8232
Powder
So tired of this place

Needlessly complicated feelings!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #8233
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ugh, when you wish a cop had been there to see some idiot and pull them over.

Me and two other cars were not far off from being hit by this person who SHOULD very much have had a red light. Not even a situation or a red light runner, because I was several cars back in my own lane which was still green when I went... There's should not even be green until ours turns red again.

Luckily I was past this person soon enough, but was in the middle of going through when I realized this car was just coming right at me. Then in my side mirror saw the next two cars behind veer around it. Fortunately it's not a high speed road.

I don't know if this person was on drugs, drunk, old, on a phone, just an asshole, or dead behind the damn wheel, but he or she never even slowed or attempted to pause. Just kept moving forward like they hadn't a clue or didn't give a damn that there were other cars. WTF. I wish I'd been able to note their plate number... They're going to kill someone one of these days.

Never heard any sirens or anything, so I guess they made it down the hill to the next intersection, so presumably they were alive and not having a health crisis. (Where that the case they probably wouldn't have gotten past that Y-shaped intersection I was at in the first place.) But they need a beating and a removal of their driving ability.

I'm glad the other cars behind me did not get hit, but man I'd have liked the chance to look at each other like What the hell was that?? I'm just shocked they never even tried to slow down or break as if to notice that other cars exist.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #8234
Vegita-San
Emperor

when words you never use pop up in your head....that you KNOW are the right word to use in that case, but you have to look it up anyway just to be sure.

latest suspect 'dichotomy' just popped up out of nowhere in ma brain.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #8235
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Lady coughing behind me while I'm working and I'm immediately thinking You better not be sick ...and coughing behind me and at the product I have to handle for my job, thanks.

Few min later I hear her on her phone, sounding like she's canceling plans with someone because she's "been really sick the last two days." But you bothered coming out to the store?? Little hypocritical not calling from home, esp since it was just the Dollar Tree, and not even the food aisle, so whatever you're getting there could probably have waited. People, I swear. *sigh*
Old 10-15-2018, 03:21 AM   #8236
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd like to be able to do some voice and song recordings, but I feel like my voice training needs work.

And also it's too early in the morning.

I've been playing so much Portal, I want to do the two GLaDOS songs. It's a pretty good place to start for my range capabilities, I think.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #8237
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Been having bizarre and disturbing dreams again the last two nights. Night before last were both about my kitty Demona who died several months ago, right after we found Cinnamon, who is currently at the vet, so that MIGHT explain it. But early this morning I had another one about some random kittens we found and were taking home from- a research facility of some sort? And one had a chip of wood stuck in one ear, and they said it had been injured and they just left it in because it was too dangerous to take out. I tried to carefully pull it out, but the ear cartilage came out with it. The cat didn't seem to be bothered by it, though the ear went floppy. So I stuck it back in, wood and all, then pulled on the wood again while holding the ear, and it came out fine. But it was truly a weird dream.

The two from the other night were even weirder. The first one was about an electrical fire that started in my grandmother's house, and while others were trying to put it out (with water, I might add) I went to unplug a second outlet that was smoking, and discovered that Demona had become caught on the cord by the claws of one foot, but what made it disturbing and weird was that only her front half was there. As in, her back half appeared to have been severed. But she was still fussing about being stuck to the cord, and complained when I began to pull her claws loose from the cord.

The second one was almost as creepy, but less gory, at least. I was out in a wooded area, and saw her sitting in a small but deep puddle. I called to her, and she started to crawl toward me, apparently unable to walk. So I picked her up, and saw that her feet were all missing. I found them in the puddle, all simply lying in the water as if they had been detached. No reason why, just came off.

These dreams are keeping me from sleeping well, when I should have been getting a good night's rest on my days off so we could get stuff done for our apartment inspection today. I took an extra day off work just so I could be here for it, since he goes to dialysis today, and doesn't want themcoming in without someone here. Aaaand now it looks like they might not even come because of the weather being cold and rainy today.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #8238
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Aww man, those suck

A long while back, I had a dream about a cat that died when I was fourth grade. He was just "given back" to us by someone as if nothing had happened and no time had passed for him.

Now, I have no idea what my boyfriend's mom is dreaming about, but I was listening to her talk in her sleep while sitting awake in the living room. She asked "where are your arms?"

Old 10-15-2018, 08:08 AM   #8239
Powder
So tired of this place

When something seems both fated to be & sabotaged by the cosmos simultaneously. Right place/wrong time kinda stuff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #8240
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Cinnamon, who is currently at the vet
How is she doing? Have they figured out what caused it?

Grind... Aside from the fact that people just love to trash my card departments in stupidly frustrating ways, getting really tired of them apparently stealing handfuls of the envelopes too and it seems worse lately. At the dollar store, I'm not all that surprised, but at BJ's, where I kind of expect the people to be a bit better behaved since it actually requires membership to shop there... come on now.

Maybe they're just envelopes in their mind, but it is a waste of my time if I have to hunt around to try to find any excess in other card pockets that I can put there, and preferably all one color that would be appropriate, because I can't just leave it without.

Stupid thing is, if they catch us while we're taking down leftover cards after a holiday is over, they can totally have as many of the leftover envelopes as they want.

Still beats regular retail work though.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-15-2018 at 03:04 PM.