The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Kate Kestrel And The Terrahawks

Quote:
Anderson Entertainment and Tiny Giants to redevelop British children’s sci-fi series.

The 1983 series, Terrahawks – originally co-created by Gerry Anderson, the man behind Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Space:1999 – is to be reimagined for a 21st century audience, more than 30 years after its original run ended.

The original series revolved around the adventures of a task force responsible for protecting Earth against an invasion by a group of extraterrestrial androids and aliens led by Zelda.

The new show – which is being developed by Anderson Entertainment and Tiny Giants – centres around Kate Kestrel as she rises through the ranks of the Terrahawks organisation and defends the Earth from alien invasion, while uncovering secrets about her family’s dark past.

“Terrahawks has always been one of my favourite Gerry Anderson series, and has an obsessive and dedicated cult following, with Zelda being one of the most regularly mentioned 80s kids TV characters online,” said Jamie Anderson, md of Anderson Entertainment. “I’m thrilled to be working with Tiny Giants on reimagining the series to entertain, inspire and excite a whole new generation, as the original series did over three decades ago.”

Stu Gamble, ceo and founder of Tiny Giants, added: “When I was a kid, Zelda scared the living daylights out of me.

“We can’t wait to work with the legacy and heritage of the world co-created by Gerry Anderson in bringing Terrahawks to a brand new audience with deep, rich characters and world building that can pull you in and not let you go.”

The classic Terrahawks series was recently remastered in high definition by Network Distributing which manages worldwide distribution. Classic series licensing is managed by Larkshead Media.
https://www.licensingsource.net/terr...ng-back-to-tv/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:18 AM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Interesting.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

It would seem that puppets are popular again.
Puppets are friggin' weird, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote