The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-25-2015, 08:37 PM   #321
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Without the subtitles I missed "the future is wrong". Not sure how it is wrong. It does not matter if it leads ip to the battle you suggest or not. As long as we get as golden character arcs as we had in Advenrure before. I wonder if Apoclaymon and his seven puppets of evil are done. Just no more of Matt flirting with the darkside. Dark Wargreymon's gate seal is still nto effect and Owekawa still its spirit guardian as well.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #322
Allio
Foot Elite

If Milliniummon is the one behind it all, those gatess would mean nothing as they would be wiped from existence.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #323
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
If Milliniummon is the one behind it all, those gatess would mean nothing as they would be wiped from existence.
I dont know anything about Digimon that were not featured in Adventure 01 and 02 or featured prom8nenrly in season 3. I know of him because you mentioned him as the Digimon god of an alternate world's Digiworld. So you would know more than me how effective the plot has the potential to be. It sounds like current plot thread in the TMNT Nicktoon with devastating effects that can be undone its only a way of getting there and everyone is alive and well again. That sums up DBZ plots too. Knowing it can be fixed with great effort and no lasting effects from the villain like in the above examples is what I think you implying. Still I say this has great potential. Maybe its because I am a sucker for this with Tai s the #1 character and Matt the #2.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-25-2015 at 09:13 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #324
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I dont know anything about Digimon that were not featured in Adventure 01 and 02 or featured prom8nenrly in season 3. I know of him because you mentioned him as the Digimon god of an alternate world's Digiworld. So you would know more than me how effective the plot has the potential to be. It sounds like current plit thread in the TMNT Nicktoon with devastating effects that can be undone its only a better of getting there and everyone is alive and well again. That sums up DBZ plots too. Knowing it can be fixed with great wffort and no lasting effects from the villain like in rhe above examples is what I think you implying. Still I say this has great potential. Maybe its because I am a sucker for this with Tai ad the #1 character and Matt the #2.
Milleniumon is part of the Adventure/Adventure 02 continuity and Tamers (indirectly). He's connected to Ryo and Ken because of the Wonderswan games.

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-25-2015 at 09:19 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:22 AM   #325
Allio
Foot Elite

Looks like we have some spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
Well, it seems like someone managed to watch the movie during the pre-screening and gave some spoilers on his/her blog. You can find it here.

Before anything, I'll just say to take everything with a grain of salt. For what I've seen, the blog is indeed from someone who is at Japan but I only found it via another board I'm a member of.

Since it's in BR portuguese, I'll translate the main bulk. Needless to say: Spoilers. Read at your own risk:

Spoiler:
- Despite what he did with the 02 kids, Alphamon barely appears in the movie (!?!). He only shows up for the final battle nearly the end. Plot device to get rid of 02 kids? Yeah.

- The blogger praised the new evolution scene but said the animation 3D/CGi was a bit too much.

- The blogger defined the evolution for Mega level were "too easy". What I understand is that it seems like they've reached those levels without much sweat. Don't see issue there, personally, but here it is.

- Do you know the typical japanese trope of calling out your attacks? It seems the Omnimon/Alphamon fight didn't have any. It was only bgm and nearly no lines.

- He felt bad for Tailmon/Gatomon because she didn't have the chance to evolve.

- Joe barely appeared. He constantly played the excuse "i have test. must study".

- The blogger said Tai became a bit unsure of what he wants to do of his life. And he seems to be avoiding to confront digimon. Doesn't act as "leadery" as he used to.

- TK and Kari seemed to have gotten the most growth. Kari seems less childish and is more responsable. TK was defined more responsable and is kinda being the producer of Matt's band. The blogger has said TK look more like a producer than a high school student lol

- TK and Kari still have the D-3. No armor digivolution or mention of it but we'll expected that.

- Not really important, but Tailmon is with her tail ring.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #326
Allio
Foot Elite

Germany will be having a stream for Adventure Tri episode 1
Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #327
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Its available on Crunchy Roll tomorrow Nov. 20th for the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America. Well it looks like Toei Animation for once didn't **** up a localization. Kind of a shock considering how bad they have been with Dragon Ball Super.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...reaming-lineup

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #328
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Link didn't work.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #329
Allio
Foot Elite

torrents are in the usual place.

I liked it, nice start up to things. didn't care much that they mixed up japanese and english terminology (like using "Evolution" but still using "Digi-destined"; or having "Gatomon" but still use "Omegamon") I would take one or the other, but mixing it up is weird.

Last edited by Allio; 11-20-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #330
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So was it dubbed or subbed?
Old 11-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #331
Allio
Foot Elite

subbed, there is some thoughts that Saban has relinquished rights to digimon as it is no longer on their "Current Brand" list.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #332
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
subbed, there is some thoughts that Saban has relinquished rights to digimon as it is no longer on their "Current Brand" list.
Then who owns the intellectual property then?

We have to buy a membership to thiis site in order to see it? Subbed or dubbed I want to see it, but not by that method.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #333
Mew
Banned

Might look into this.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #334
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Then who owns the intellectual property then?
More than likely Toei, which would explain the incosistency with the terminology.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #335
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 11-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #336
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
This was shown at the end of the film. Many people seemed to get really hyped after the theater was emptying.

Since that's Imperialdramon there, possibly infected, I wonder if they'll finally have the 02 kids show up. Maybe they'll get into what happened in the second film. This was my biggest gripe with the movie...the lack of information on the 02 kids...sort of. I had no problem with them being defeated in a battle. I had more of a problem with the kids themselves not referencing or acknowledging them, especially Takeru and Hikari. Why weren't they in that battle? Takeru lives in the same building and Iori and Miyako. Daisuke is in the same year as Takeru and Hikari. When walking home, Daisuke takes the same path as Hikari, whereas Iori and Miyako would take the same path as Takeru. Ken is their friend. What in the world is going on there? It just feels odd, especially since Daisuke and Miyako would be in the same school as Hikari and Takeru. Ken lives in Tamachi, so too far out to attend school in Odaiba and Iori would still be in elementary school. It's just weird that the kids didn't mention them at all.

I wonder if the 02 kids need to be rescued. That was, ironically, a story arc in the V-Tamer manga where it crossed over with 02 and 11-year-old V-Tamer Taichi met Daisuke and Daisuke pointed out that in his dimension that Taichi was older and stuff.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #337
Peanut
Second Gear

I've been so busy I didn't even realize this was out. 4 episodes are already up on Crunchyroll. I know what I'm doing tonight!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #338
Allio
Foot Elite

No, Crunchyroll steams to the US, though wait until this friay for it to be free.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #339
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
No, Crunchyroll steams to the US, though wait until this friay for it to be free.
Oh, okay. I went to the link, but it wanted me to sign up and have a credit number. I was not about to do that as bad I want to see Tai, Matt, and their partners in all their glory again.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #340
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Dont we have to pay a membership fee to a Japanese based website in order to see it?

Oh, okay. I went to the link, but it wanted me to sign up and have a credit number. I was not about to do that as bad I want to see Tai, Matt, and their partners in all their glory again.
Japanese? No.

And $5 a month for unlimited HD anime, including a lot of popular simulcasts, is an amazing deal for anyone who likes anime. Though, I've noticed most of the anime/manga community is incredibly scummy and would rather download fansubs of anime, or read sh*t scanlations of manga than actually pay anything to support the industry they propose to care so much about.

On topic, this show is OK. I didn't expect much, but maybe I expected more than what we've gotten so far. The first few episodes seemed incredibly rushed, without actually having much to them. I don't know why they named this first arc Reunion when every single character has acted like it's little but "business as usual" including when all the Digimon showed up out of nowhere. No one outside of Joe even had a reaction. Also, Tai's weird issue with not wanting to fight, apparently because he saw a crushed cellphone, is poorly handled. It's like they were trying to add a bit more depth to the character and the situation, but it just comes off as super forced. It reminded me of Vegeta in that DBZ movie with Broly where Goku just keeps yelling at him to help and he seemingly refuses just to create a false sense of tension. I'm not even going to go into how forced the new Digi-destined feels at this point. Again, something so out of nowhere, yet no one has any reaction besides "OK cool" and then moves on. Her Digimon's design is also complete digi-sh*t. Over-designed as f*ck.

I really hope it gets better, because outside of the novelty of seeing all these characters again...it kinda sucks.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon