The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #21
neatoman
Emperor

I thought Cuddles sounded familiar. I just checked it out an it turns out the actress also voiced most female characters on South Park between 1999 and 2003.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I mean the term's used for any sort of dry mouth feeling, so I don't think it's all that "bad".
Then why did Splinter chuckle like he did and wink...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:20 PM   #23
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Interesting... What are these people on? Nick Studios must not have mandatory drug testing.

But why the hell was it alive in the first place? And it grows with screams? (Are we mutating stuffed animals now?) And why was April in a commercial out of nowhere? Is she ON/hosting the kids show?? And why were they such jerks to Raph? But mostly April since I guess she brought the thing to their home. That wasn't "making him face his fear" and scaring him with the tv commercials was prank enough. And why is this Raph such a chicken...

But I suppose taking a likely trope of making a harmless object scary was somewhat of a success.

Yeah, agree not really into the Donnie ego thing that has seemed to become apparent over time, and now obvious. Thought he was probably one of the better characters in this series, but his attitude is wearing on me. Is he supposed to be the stereotyped teen who is annoyed at everything most hours of the day?
More like since he's Smarter then everyone else, he doesn't need to rub that in because it's already known.

But it's more like a "Don't mind me, I'm just waiting as I lose my sanity being around these morons for the last 14 years." Though I did find the making a titanium bust of himself was a bit much.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:04 AM   #24
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Don't mind me, I'm just waiting as I lose my sanity being around these morons for the last 14 years."
That line just reads so perfectly in Rise Donatello's voice

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #25
Hero
British Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I think I found the subtle big info that Andy mentioned.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f478e4b4...8ewio1_540.png

There are clothes on the floor which could indicate the Turtles and Splinter used to be human.

Also it's only humans that are getting mutated, haven't seen any animals getting mutated yet.

Leo being called Leon and Mikey being called Michael/Miguel in previous episodes, so those could be there human names.
I love this. I've always speculated that Splinter was previously Lou Jitsu as a stagename.

Any animal-based mutants like the Oozequitos, the caged creatures in Meat Sweats' van (I swear one of them was Scale Tail), Hugin and Munin are anthropomorphic in a different extent.

I'm left wondering whose room in the screenshot that is. Certainly not Raph's.

There's also a shot where Raph picks up a skateboard that has a Mondo Gecko toy vibe to it (chunky red wheels). Around 10:38 into the episode, there is a picture on the bottom that looks vaguely like him.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #26
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I love this. I've always speculated that Splinter was previously Lou Jitsu as a stagename.

Any animal-based mutants like the Oozequitos, the caged creatures in Meat Sweats' van (I swear one of them was Scale Tail), Hugin and Munin are anthropomorphic in a different extent.

I'm left wondering whose room in the screenshot that is. Certainly not Raph's.

There's also a shot where Raph picks up a skateboard that has a Mondo Gecko toy vibe to it (chunky red wheels). Around 10:38 into the episode, there is a picture on the bottom that looks vaguely like him.
Even more evidence of another character appearing out of nowehere unadvertised? And yeah, I think the normal animal Mutants are in short supply, unless those too were humans so mutated they’re unrecognizable anymore. Perhaps the Oozesquitoes don’t have enough ooze to mutate an animal into a humanoid state?
Old 10-22-2018, 03:02 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
But it's more like a "Don't mind me, I'm just waiting as I lose my sanity being around these morons for the last 14 years."
Which would be totally understandable with this series.

Still wish he'd be the resident 4th wall breaker over some of the ridiculous stuff in this series through which the series shows a little self awareness of said ridiculousness.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #28
Vegita-San
Emperor

So, I read the 'digital ashcan' of idw tmnt 0.

Wow. They don't pay attention to april leaving the room and then jump to the conclusion that she's missing?

Sigh.

I'd say this series was aimed at 4 year olds, but might an insult to the 4 year olds.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #29
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
So, I read the 'digital ashcan' of idw tmnt 0.

Wow. They don't pay attention to april leaving the room and then jump to the conclusion that she's missing?

Sigh.

I'd say this series was aimed at 4 year olds, but might an insult to the 4 year olds.
I guess we have another one to put up next to the Dreamwave series, Vol.4 #22, “Spaced Out”, The May East Saga, and the Flaming Carrot Crossover in the hall of shame.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
They have such a keen sense of awareness. Imagine if an enemy showed up...

These guys aren't even ready to leave the house without an adult, let alone be allowed to go out in the city and swing dangerous weapons around. (And as young as they want to make them out to be? Splinter should be arrested for child endangerment. Yes, your skills are so poor that you land flat on your face, but here, have a couple - or now single - swords.)
Old 10-23-2018, 07:05 AM   #31
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Rewatching this, I heard Splinter actually call Raph by his name only to call him "Red one" afterwards (Raph's fear flops make me laugh everytime). Don't know if that was a goof or not.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 AM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Maybe I phrased that wrong.

In universe, Splinter knew what he was saying.

The writers knew what they were saying.

But because it's a term for more than just that, it could have gone over the censors' heads.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Because he made a clever pun & is a goofball? Raph literally had a mouth full of cotton.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:28 AM   #34
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Maybe I phrased that wrong.

In universe, Splinter knew what he was saying.

The writers knew what they were saying.

But because it's a term for more than just that, it could have gone over the censors' heads.
Ah I see what you're saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Because he made a clever pun & is a goofball? Raph literally had a mouth full of cotton.
Oh come on you know it was the writers trying to get a weed reference past the suites.
And it was one of the funniest moments in this show so far.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #35
Powder
So tired of this place

I personally don't think that at all, no. With the last series, maybe, but not here.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, if they even dared thought to try to, I actually feel like this show might be more likely to try to get away with it since it would be more pun/jokey than 2012 would do.

That said though, I have my doubts that they meant it like that. Maybe a little early to be trying to push such boundaries.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

At the least this ep confirmed Splinter can fight and knows ninjitsu and isn't always a lazy bum.

I do think Splinter will have a major turnaround as the season progresses, you can tell they have more in store with him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At the least this ep confirmed Splinter can fight and knows ninjitsu and isn't always a lazy bum.

I do think Splinter will have a major turnaround as the season progresses, you can tell they have more in store with him.
To that end, peep this chunk of an interview from September-

Quote:
Does Splinter get involved in the action?

Suriano: Splinter is very involved in the action. He probably has the most interesting story arc of the first season.

Ward: There’s more to the rat man.

Suriano: So far, any animosity towards any of the redesigns might be towards Splinter but there’s more than meets the eye with that.

How is he different than previous incarnations?

Ward: He’s from Cyberton. No, at the end of the day he’s a very loving father who is put in a very precarious predicament.
Source: https://www.slashfilm.com/rise-of-th...les-interview/

Old 10-28-2018, 12:01 AM   #39
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Rewatching this, I heard Splinter actually call Raph by his name only to call him "Red one" afterwards (Raph's fear flops make me laugh everytime). Don't know if that was a goof or not.
In Origami Tsunami after Leo jokingly suggests they take on the city's rat problem. Splinter whips him with his tail and says "Leon...I am standing right here!" So he does use his son's names on occasion, but he would mostly refer to them by their signature color.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #40
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Should this really take place before Shell in a Cell? Raph still has a Ghostbear poster up. Maybe he just left it, but considering how he seemed to end up feeling about his so-called hero, yeah...

Also, I guess I stand corrected, that she is on the kid's show itself. But why in gods name would this girl (who can't keep any other job so far) randomly end up on tv... Are we headed to another form of Mary Sue April?