The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #41
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think it's easier to remember if you watch at cinema, since you don't do it so often. But of course, I can recall a lot of films I've seen on TV and video at home.
Yeah maybe, I think I might forget it eventually. I can remember the particularily annoying moments and the basic plot, but I'd blank if you were to ask me questions like "What was the purpose of the Technodrome?" or "Why did Leo not want to tell anyone about the mutagen?".
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #42
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah maybe, I think I might forget it eventually. I can remember the particularily annoying moments and the basic plot, but I'd blank if you were to ask me questions like "What was the purpose of the Technodrome?" or "Why did Leo not want to tell anyone about the mutagen?".
I recall being afraid for a while the turtles would turn human (when seing the promotion trailer.)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #43
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think they should've turned human for a short bit and have the voice /motion capture actors do them. Real Missed Opportunity in my opinion.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #44
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think they should've turned human for a short bit and have the voice /motion capture actors do them. Real Missed Opportunity in my opinion.
Why, it would just made a lot of fans even more mad.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Btw, for any 2014 holdouts who want to bite the bullet at this point and see for yourself, Nick's got it on Thursday night.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #46
Overlord

Quote:
And virtually nobody talking about it for months, has the public consciousness forgotten about this awful movie yet?
Are you talking about just this forum? It has been up for discussion all the time here...
Old 06-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #47
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Are you talking about just this forum? It has been up for discussion all the time here...
This section of the forum has basically been dead.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:53 AM   #48
Overlord

Quote:
This section of the forum has basically been dead.
Not really, it has been full of people complaining all the time.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #49
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Dean Israelite, the director of Power Rangers, blamed his film's box-office performance on the film's PG-13 rating. He believes that if it had been given a PG rating, then it would've done better.

http://screenrant.com/power-rangers-rating-success/

I think after parents took their children to see 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they thought it had too much adult humor and sexual references that they didn't want to see Out of the Shadows. Maybe those films and Power Rangers should've been rated PG and had a "Big Hero 6" type feel to it.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 06-24-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Making it clear which film Israelite was talking about.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:13 PM   #50
Xav
Foot Elite

Or maybe OOTS was a bad movie that was a sequel to another bad movie and no one wanted to see it?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:42 AM   #51
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Dean Israelite, the director of Power Rangers, blamed the film's box-office performance on the film's PG-13 rating. He believes that if it had been given a PG rating, then it would've done better.

http://screenrant.com/power-rangers-rating-success/

I think after parents took their children to see 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they thought it had too much adult humor and sexual references that they didn't want to see Out of the Shadows. Maybe those films and Power Rangers should've been rated PG and had a "Big Hero 6" type feel to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Or maybe OOTS was a bad movie that was a sequel to another bad movie and no one wanted to see it?
Yeah, this isn't exactly rocket science. Rotten Tomatoes implies a mostly negative response from both critics and the audience, even before you check what the "positive" reviews have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Smith
Their exuberance keeps the goofy film going whenever the ooze dries up, but never fear, the next scene will feature snot, brain fluid or some sort of ooze to satisfy the 10-year-old next to you.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:24 AM   #52
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Dean Israelite, the director of Power Rangers, blamed the film's box-office performance on the film's PG-13 rating. He believes that if it had been given a PG rating, then it would've done better.
Yes, it would, but that's not what ratings exist for (even if a lot of ratings are just a joke).
Old 06-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #53
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Your right. But OOTS was a better movie than the first. It was not hard to top the first film. But the 2nd film was still bad lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #54
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yeah, it's still not a good film.

So is Platinum Dunes out of the TMNT movie making business now? I know they said there wouldn't be a third movie...but I don't want them involved in anything TMNT related ever again.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 07-08-2017 at 11:30 PM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:12 AM   #55
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Yeah, it's still not a good film.

So is Platinum Dunes out of the TMNT movie making business now? I know they said there wouldn't be a third movie...but I don't want them involved in anything TMNT related ever again.
I don't think Paramount are ever going to trust them to make another one, they're probably just going to go back to making terrible horror movies and terrible remakes of horror movies. If the first one had mediocre box office returns and the second one straight up failed, it's better to let the studio keep doing what they're best at.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #56
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't think Paramount are ever going to trust them to make another one, they're probably just going to go back to making terrible horror movies and terrible remakes of horror movies. If the first one had mediocre box office returns and the second one straight up failed, it's better to let the studio keep doing what they're best at.
Well the first one did more than they were expecting, but their issue was that they made a terrible first movie and no one decided to show up for the sequel. I agree, they should let Platinum Dunes stick to their terrible horror genre films, but my worry is if there's some licensing situation that keeps TMNT within PD? Possibly not ... but I still would hate to see that.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Well the first one did more than they were expecting, but their issue was that they made a terrible first movie and no one decided to show up for the sequel. I agree, they should let Platinum Dunes stick to their terrible horror genre films, but my worry is if there's some licensing situation that keeps TMNT within PD? Possibly not ... but I still would hate to see that.
That's quite a different story, I don't think that information is public. If I had to guess, I'd say no, Paramount probably just handed the project off to a studio they trusted. I seriously don't think Platinum Dunes has much of a say on TMNT.

In case they do have some agreement with Paramount, it'll probably expire in a few years and the license is up for grabs. If not, there's probably some workaround and I don't think there's anything preventing them from putting new writers and directors on it, doesn't have to be made by the same people just because their logo is slapped on the movie.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #58
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The better as heck not trust them with it again. Lord knows they'd just use the same writers, because it looks like a lot just came down to companies and people that already had connections... rather than/without, you know, actually giving it any real consideration who'd actually be a good match for the project.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt: out of the shadows