The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #61
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Proper digging the idea of Splinter having a daughter. Can't help but think that she's been turned to 'the dark side,' for lack of a better term. Adopted and trained by the Shredder, like Karai in 2k3, she has no idea that her father is her greatest enemy. Of course, i'm probably waaay wrong, and she'll end up being a mutated female turtle or something But still, Splinter having a daughter is pretty damned awesome! Hope this is something they keep in...
Karai being Splinter's daughter raised by Saki would be AWESOME. There'd be TONS of angst!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #62
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I think calling it a prototype is being kind to it. It didn't look close to resembling a finished product at all.
It didn't but that's what the playmates guys called it.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #63
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
It didn't but that's what the playmates guys called it.
Oh, I know. I meant to imply that their saying it was a prototype was being kind to it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #64
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Three two questions only..

1-Rose mentioned there was something everyone on her table had thumbs down on, what was that? Teen April?edit: Looked at another thread and this was answered so not a question for me anymore it was indeed teen april.

I love the idea of Teen April, I think there are a ton of ways to incorporate her into the show now which was kinda hard to do in 2k3 and as an adult in general besides the OT because she was a reporter. Now she's care free and can go on adventures.

2-Vaughn when you mention the Krangs do mutations is that all the info you got? Or did you get to see some of the mutations? Were they OT style mutant characters like humanoid or were they like say Bishops mutants in season 4 which were just "scary/creepy" version of animals? Also how do these mutants become robots exactly? Maybe you worded it funny but I didn't get that. edit: apparently the ones that become robot ninjas are the Kraangs right? ok. just need an answer on what the mutations the kraangs do look like.

So far I pretty much like everything I've read from Teen April to Don having a crush on her (its just a crush, the OT turtles all had a crush on her and I always felt 2k3 don may have had a crush on her). Splinters daughter is pretty cool as is the rest like no Casey in the beginning and slowly introducing the turtles world through out various episodes, we don't need to have everything done in the first season, as long as we get them I don't mind waiting.

3-How is the turtles lair? Is it a sewer? I have to admit I was not a fan of the 2k3 lairs besides the one in the first episode which was the sewers...

Only thing I have a problem with is The Krangs, I'd like it if one of them was named Krang and it was a species. I also hope this doesn't mean there are no Utroms in this universe... in fact I'd be fine with Krang being a leader of a ton of rebellious Utroms. Even if its not changed that is still far from a deal breaker, I haven't even seen it in action, I'm sure if we were told before 2k3 aired that Shredder was an evil Utrom we would ALL be upset. Oh Joe I'd love to hear any of the other things that bothered you that haven't been posted.

Last edited by sdp; 04-05-2011 at 05:54 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #65
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I would venture a guess that the Kraang are a group of rogue Utroms on Earth doing bad things while, somewhere in the universe, the Utrom homeworld consists mainly of good Utroms.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #66
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I like that idea, maybe the leader (or one) of the Kraangs can be called Ch'rell. I'd still like to actually have the one true "krang" with the other Kraangs though. Its unfair to make him a species, he's not a Pokemon.

Didn't Laird dislike Krang? He must be pissed at this. Then again didn't he dislike everything
Old 04-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #67
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Similar to what I said earlier, this big focus on mutants certainly deviates from Laird's strict ideas about the Turtles.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #68
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Vaughn, here is the TMNT 2012 IMDB. I started a thread when I came across it yesterday.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #69
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Vaughn, here is the TMNT 2012 IMDB. I started a thread when I came across it yesterday.
Except for Rob, it looks like 100% BS. Splinter's VA is the one name I don't remember, but after Googling that guy, I don't think it's the person we saw. Someone with a better memory can correct me, though (or not, since we're not supposed to say the VA names ).
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #70
Ninjinister
無問題

I'd be down with KMR as Hun, but I'm pretty sure that's bogus.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #71
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Did April look anything like The Batman's Barbara Gordon (she's 17)?

You guys mention that she looks older than 16...Jean Grey in X-Men evolution is 17 but could look older.

does she look anything like 2007 CG April?

What was she wearing? Something purple or yellow? Crop top or jumpsuit?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #72
Donnie
Something from the Past

Thanks for the info thus far. What's troubling me the most is the lack of specific details concerning the individual Turtles characters. In specific, I'm most worried about Donny. Some stated he was "goofier". Vaughn (I think it was you, I apologize if it wasn't, so much going on today!), you said this wasn't the case --- could you clarify this or elaborate on it a little further? Donny's personality had to be a little different if it was brought up at all in the first place. I'm on the edge of my seat here, and this "goofy" adjective is bugging me.

Just my opinions here, but I'm *not* a fan of this anthropomorphic stale stereotype of depicting Donny as leaner, taller, and gaukier than the others. It's actually really lame, and the reason is simple: Nick is now feeding into the stereotype that "nerds" (and I use this term for lack of better words, for I am one ) are those things by definition: skinny, gauky, and tall. Maybe those that referenced Don as "goofy" were referring to his gaukiness? Either way, "nerds" come in all shapes and sizes. There are studious students that are regular build and some that are heavy set, too. I just feel like segregating Donny as leaner and taller just because he is "the smart one" is really typical and lame.

I personally would have rather seen Donny with some goggles or glasses, much like the Future Don of Archie and the photo oldmanwinters linked to. I think that would have been cool. The same thing applies for glasses, though, just because you have glasses doesn't mean you're studious...it's just another stereotype. I just happen to prefer that one over making him stand out like Stinky on "Hey Arnold."

If it doesn't change, I'll get over it, as long as he's written well. Also, I think the April/Donny arc is cute and appropriate.

Could you guys and gals that know the info please let us know some more individual Turtle traits? Or did you just see enough to glean some quick assumptions on each Turtle? Regardless, please clear the Donny "goofy" mess up for me!

Thank you again!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #73
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Did April look anything like The Batman's Barbara Gordon (she's 17)?
I like that. I'd be ok if April looked something like that.

Quote:
You guys mention that she looks older than 16...Jean Grey in X-Men evolution is 17 but could look older.
No. As she is, April looks younger than 16.

Quote:
does she look anything like 2007 CG April?

Nope.

Quote:
What was she wearing? Something purple or yellow? Crop top or jumpsuit?
I just remember a long yellow shirt with a black belt over it. Maybe some black layers and black pants. Her hair is red and is pulled back with a headband (purple, maybe).
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

1. Was the building actually called TCRI?

2. We can assume mutants would likely lead to Bebop/Rocksteady and later Rahzar/Tokka, Leatherhead, correct?

3. Do you think there will be a leader of the Krangs who is essentially Krang himself?

4. Do the turtles have a van?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #75
ooglafina
Hench Mutant

And April can't go on adventures as an adult? Hasn't she been doing that for 30 years now?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~connienervegas

http://pizzas-scrolls.be/viewuser.php?uid=76

http://www.5wwwww5.com/forum/viewfor...tealthystories
ooglafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #76
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Except for Rob, it looks like 100% BS. Splinter's VA is the one name I don't remember, but after Googling that guy, I don't think it's the person we saw. Someone with a better memory can correct me, though (or not, since we're not supposed to say the VA names ).
Kinda figured...though I'd love to see Kevin Michael be Hun, he could pull it off.

Part of me wants to say that we'll see a plot point involving April's parents being mutants and the guys having to rescue them and change them back...but what could that mean for Splinter?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #77
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I like how we all have our priorities on what a TMNT show should have. Its neat.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #78
Ninjinister
無問題

I love it when people make crap up and then claim it's rumored.

Oh wait. No I don't.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #79
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

This is really exciting i am soooo looking forward to this new toon.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #80
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninji
I love it when people make crap up and then claim it's rumored.

Oh wait. No I don't.
I guess i should change that entry I put on IMDB then...

Kidding...kidding. If I'd have done it I'd have added Jason Biggs.

Tags
2k12, nick