The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #1082
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i'm so going to see this live on the big screen!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #1083
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Episode Guide details courtesy of the Radio Times

Quote:
Deep Breath
"Who frowned me this face?"
A slaughterhouse restaurant and a buried spaceship lead The Doctor into a confrontation with a long-forgotten foe...

Into The Dalek
"Imagine the worst thing in the universe, and then don't bother because you're looking at right now. This is evil refined as engineering."
In the dying days of a bitter war, a beleaguered army has one last hope: a Dalek so damaged it has become good. But can it be trusted? To find out, a miniaturised team, led by The Doctor and Clara, embark on a fantastic voyage into the Dalek itself...

Robot of Sherwood
"There's no such thing as Robin Hood!"
In a sun-dappled Sherwood Forest, The Doctor discovers an evil plan from beyond the stars. But with of Nottingham at stake (and possibly Derby), there's no time for the two adventurers to get into a fight about who is real and who isn't - which is probably why they do very little else!

Listen
"What's that in the mirror, and the corner of your eye? What's the footstep following, but never passing by?"
What scares the grand old man of time? What horrors lurk under his bed? Ghosts of the past and future crowd into the lives of The Doctor and Clara; a terrified caretaker in a children's home, the last man standing in the universe, and a little boy who doesn't want to join the army...

Time Heist
"Welcome to the bank of Karabraxos."
The Bank of Karabraxos is the deadliest bank in the cosmos - only a fool or genius would tempt to rob it. Fortunately, for The Doctor, he's both. But nothing even The Doctor has encountered can prepare them for the Teller: a creature of terrifying power that can detect guilt.

The Caretaker
"Human beings have incredibly short life-spans. Frankly, you should all be in a permanent state of panic. Tick tock, tick tock."
Clara has it all under control: her life at school, her life in space; her new boyfriend and her mad old Time Lord. Everything is humming along just fine, so long as everybody never actually meets. And then, one morning, just before assembly, Coal Hill welcomes a new relief caretaker with a Scottish accent.

Kill the Moon
"The little planetoid that's been tagging along beside you for a hundred million years, which gives you light at night and seas to sail, is in the process of falling to bits."
In the near future, The Doctor and Clara arrive on a decrepit shuttle making a suicide mission to the Moon. Crashing on the lunar surface, they find a mining base full of eviscerated corpses, spider-like creatures scuttling about in the dark, and a terrible dilemma.

Mummy on the Orient Express
"Start the clock!"
Aboard the most beautiful train in history, speeding among the stars of the future, a legend is stalking the passengers. Once you see the Mummy, you have 66 seconds to live. Clara sees The Doctor at his most deadliest and most ruthless - and finally she realises she's made the right decision. Because this is their last adventure: it's time to say goodbye to the Time Lord.

Flatline
"Look, your home isn't going anywhere. And neither is mine until I figure this out."
Separated from The Doctor, Clara discovers a new menace from another dimension. But how do you hide when even the walls are no protection?

In the Forest of the Night
"D'you like the forest being in Trafalgar Square? I think it's lovely."
One morning in London, and every city and town in the world, the human race wakes up to the most surprising invasion yet: the trees have moved back in. Everywhere, in every land, a forest has grown overnight and taken back the Earth.

Dark Water / Death in Heaven
"You betrayed me. You betrayed my trust, our friendship, and everything I've ever stood for. You let me down."
In the mysterious world of the Nethersphere, plans have been drawn. Old friends and old enemies manoeuvre around The Doctor, and an impossible choice is looming over him.
Rumors are that Jenna Coleman will make her exit from DW in the Christmas special this year, some of these synopsises seem to back up that notion, though it's again in a similar vein to Amy and Rory who also 'exited' only to be brought back into The Doctor's life at an eventual cost.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #1084
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

looks like a hell of a season

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-23-2014, 03:22 AM   #1085
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Sounds great! Cant wait to watch it on the big screen
Old 08-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #1086
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Today's the day. I'll be watching in the cinema also .

Most of the first few episodes have leaked online, though they're in black and white with unfinished effects
Old 08-24-2014, 07:16 AM   #1087
discordiatookie
facehugger

Really enjoyed it! Loving the Scottishness of him, and his angry eyebrows

Had a wee tear in my eye and the wife crying aswell at one point.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #1088
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Well, as far as first impressions go, this was pretty good.
Spoiler:
I Especially like the scene where the Eleventh doctor is talking with Clara on Trenzalore.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #1089
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Great episode, much darker content too.

Spoiler:
Ship propelled by skin and ceasing to breath to avoid detection...creepy.

Strax hitting Clara with the paper
Old 08-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #1090
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

I'll be watching tomorrow on the big screen

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #1091
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
I'll be watching tomorrow on the big screen
It's great on the big screen, hopefully you get the little bonus thing before it with Strax.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #1092
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Just watched it today. Nothing really impressed me about it at all. Peter Capaldi didn't interest me as The Doctor.

Although I did like
Spoiler:
Matt Smith's cameo appearence at the end. I thought that was good.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #1093
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Just watched it today. Nothing really impressed me about it at all. Peter Capaldi didn't interest me as The Doctor
I don't see how anyone can be unimpressed by him, but given your more positive reaction to the spoiler, it's obvious you're just another Matt Smith fanboy/girl who feels akward about an older, fiercer actor in the role doing something a little different from flaying their arms about like a man-child idiot (and I say this as a Matt Smith fanboy), it's time we removed ourselves far from that.

Thankfully you are in the minority, Capaldi has been well received by those who are accustomed to a more mature take on the Time Lord.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-26-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #1094
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I liked Peter Capaldi and the story overall. The Victorian reptoid is wearing a little thin, but it's not the end of the world. I think Capaldi will be good.

Spoiler:
With all the press suggesting that this season will be more serious, I was hoping for less tomfoolery, fewer 'clever' lines and slightly subtler acting. Unfortunately that was not the case with Ep 1. The mystery woman at the end was camping it up so hard, I was concerned for the ligaments in her face.

Spoiler:
Was there an explanation for the dinosaur's ludicrous scale? I assume they made it that size so they could fit the Tardis in its mouth, but for a show that makes some big calls regarding human ignorance, they take a lot of factual liberties.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #1095
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Spoiler:
Was there an explanation for the dinosaur's ludicrous scale? I assume they made it that size so they could fit the Tardis in its mouth, but for a show that makes some big calls regarding human ignorance, they take a lot of factual liberties.
Spoiler:
Yeah. I and everyone in a Paleontology group Im in were going WTF over the T-Rex. I figure she was just a special kind or something. T-Rex' normally were only 40 ft but in comparison to the Bell Tower/Big Ben she was at least 130+. The Bell tower is 130 ft tall, she was in the water So she had to have been at least 20 ft more then that.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #1096
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's great on the big screen, hopefully you get the little bonus thing before it with Strax.
Yep and the stuff afterwards as well

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-28-2014, 03:30 AM   #1097
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah. I and everyone in a Paleontology group Im in were going WTF over the T-Rex. I figure she was just a special kind or something. T-Rex' normally were only 40 ft but in comparison to the Bell Tower/Big Ben she was at least 130+. The Bell tower is 130 ft tall, she was in the water So she had to have been at least 20 ft more then that.
Spoiler:
Someone has since told me that Vastra mentions that the T-Rex is unusually big, and pointed out that characters refer to it as a 'giant dinosaur', so I guess they knew what they were doing. It looked a little bit silly though.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #1098
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"Robot of Sherwood" was an odd romp and a bit simple, but it was a nice waste of 45 minutes

Spoiler:
Sheriff would have made a fine Master, he had that Anthony Ainley look about him, and his plan was so...80s he might as well have been.

Liked the callback to the sword/spoon fight when Robin was dispensing with the Sheriff, did NOT care for the golden arrow bringing down the ship at the end, I've probably forgiven worse in the past, but these types of fairytale resolutions really ought to be a thing of the past.

Doctor/Robin prison sqaubble felt like it was trying too hard to be inspired by Blackadder and failed, and I totally called that the guard would identify Clara as the 'ringleader' and lead her away. Still, I do appreciate that they did not rely on the sonic to get out of the prison.

Any idea on where Doc found Marion? In the ship? Did he build her himself? Or was she real? I think that mistified me more than whether or not the major players were real or robots in the context of the story.

Patrick Troughton cameo (an apperance as Robin from an early BBC production)
Old 11-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #1099
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Straight from this years Children in Need special a 2 min clip from the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas ep. Santa! The Doctor! Clara! Sarcastic Elves!

Old 11-14-2014, 11:48 PM   #1100
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Cannot wait for this one

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection: