The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2020, 07:21 PM   #121
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I see people are forgetting how long it took for, say, Rat King to make another appearance after his first one, let alone as the actual villain of an arc, and just how many "this will happen someday" plot points we had hanging until the run-up to #100 got around to them. Also nice to see that we apparently have our own time travelers on the forum, it's not just adult!Lita on the pages of the comic. Patience is a dying art these days.
Guessing you're refering to me here.
And yes we have had these "it will happen someday" moments but they weren't randomly thrown into an issue and then also randomly forgotten for a long time. And all of these new ones happen in one town.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:41 PM   #122
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
Guessing you're refering to me here.
And yes we have had these "it will happen someday" moments but they weren't randomly thrown into an issue and then also randomly forgotten for a long time. And all of these new ones happen in one town.
Crap... Sorry, I forgot to quote your post. Comes off more mean-spirited than I intended that way.

That's the thing, though, we don't know what Mutant Town is building up towards. And we currently have at least three other huge plot points left hanging outside its walls: Burnow Island, LeatherKrang and Null. I just don't see it as fair to say the comic has become all about Mutant Town when it's pretty clear other forces are on the move outside: Rat King, Karai (who should've learned her lesson by now, but alas...) and all the others I mentioned. We just don't know where it's going yet but it's clear it's headed somewhere that it couldn't get to without these handful of issues spent fleshing out the new mutants. Something big is coming with Null and Mutant Town will tie into that. Mark my words.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #123
CyberCubed
Overlord

Honestly Rat King taking his time is expected, and we are getting follows up with Old Hob and Karai restructuring the Foot so it's not like everything has been left behind. Besides that the EPF are still on patrol around Mutant Town and with Bishop gone they have no leader besides the woman from the previous mini who is likely in charge now.

The only thing that does really bug me is leaving the whole Utrom/Triceraton stuff untouched for so long especially with Ch'rell out and about. That whole story should have been covered in a mini-series by now because I find it hard to believe after 6 months they're all still sitting on that island doing nothing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:38 PM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I see people are forgetting how long it took for, say, Rat King to make another appearance after his first one, let alone as the actual villain of an arc, and just how many "this will happen someday" plot points we had hanging until the run-up to #100 got around to them. Also nice to see that we apparently have our own time travelers on the forum, it's not just adult!Lita on the pages of the comic. Patience is a dying art these days.
Yeah, bad example.

Rat King has not been done well by IDW. The potential was there, but it didn't materialize.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:45 PM   #125
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Honestly Rat King taking his time is expected, and we are getting follows up with Old Hob and Karai restructuring the Foot so it's not like everything has been left behind. Besides that the EPF are still on patrol around Mutant Town and with Bishop gone they have no leader besides the woman from the previous mini who is likely in charge now.

The only thing that does really bug me is leaving the whole Utrom/Triceraton stuff untouched for so long especially with Ch'rell out and about. That whole story should have been covered in a mini-series by now because I find it hard to believe after 6 months they're all still sitting on that island doing nothing.
I dunno, I hope it's either someone else in charge of the EPF or Bishop actually makes a comeback in a cloned body and crawls back into power. Ravenwood sounds too decent to be in charge of a paramilitary mutant hunting outfit. There's no conflict there.

And yeah, I agree, it's past time to show us what's going on in Burnow already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Yeah, bad example.

Rat King has not been done well by IDW. The potential was there, but it didn't materialize.
How about Kitsune, IDW's own original character? Gone for a whole year between making her move on Splinter and us finally learning her big plan during the Pantheon family reunion, at a time when there were two ongoing titles, mind you. At this point, it's just how this comic works.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:16 PM   #126
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Please no. We probably won't get an April/Casey wedding issue either, but at least that would be more bearable since its happened before.
I would love to see a Raphael/Alopex Wedding. That would be quite something.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:14 AM   #127
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I would love to see a Raphael/Alopex Wedding. That would be quite something.
they could get married at the old lair. the question is what kinda wedding would it be? Japanese style, regular, or just doing it at city hall?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:35 AM   #128
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
they could get married at the old lair. the question is what kinda wedding would it be? Japanese style, regular, or just doing it at city hall?
A better question is, who would officiate?
Old 10-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #129
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
The wedding will probably something similar to the one that happened in the 2003 TMNT series with Casey Jones and April just with these two.

I would picture a moment where Alopex tosses the bouquet of flowers over her shoulders to the people behind her to catch. Mona Lisa ends up catching it and smiles at Donatello. Because anyone who catches it is the next person to get married.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #130
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Arent they all still teenagers, or in school?... Why do you people talk about weddings?
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #131
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Arent they all still teenagers, or in school?... Why do you people talk about weddings?
Are you talking about the Turtles here? A few years passed since the series started, they have to be around 18-19 now.

April was in College awhile ago, so she and Casey are in their early 20's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #132
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Thats way too young for a wedding with today standard IMO. Let them have a real job first
Old 10-27-2020, 09:01 AM   #133
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Thats way too young for a wedding with today standard IMO. Let them have a real job first
I think the only one who has a technical job is "handyturtle" donnie.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #134
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I haven't totally decided how I feel about this arc to be honest. I enjoy the set up and ideas and plot points. But I don't know, I think the dialogue just seems off to me, but I'm no critic, I can't really explain why.

I don't think Mutant Town is going anywhere soon. We've seen futures in which Shredder leads a city or army of mutants, both in the Turtles in Time mini and in Shredder's vision while he was dead. There's evidence the mutations are escaping the town now, and let's be real, every Turtles continuity seems to end up in some Post-Apocalyptic future. So if anything I'm thinking the containment flat out fails and the mutants expand beyond the wall. Just my prediction.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #135
Diorm
Hench Mutant