The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #1201
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Awesome stuff, Buffy! Nice to see you still around and collecting dope art as always.
Thanks
It's been very busy lately, but I hope to participate more on the forum from now on. And of course collect as many artwork, comics and figures as possible.
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #1202
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,844
Good to hear Buffy, and I saw you didn't find the classics at Alexandrium, did you had to be in Rotterdam, it's quite a trip for ya!
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #1203
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Love that Dario piece. That's also a very cool piece by our own cartoonist aaron.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #1204
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Good to hear Buffy, and I saw you didn't find the classics at Alexandrium, did you had to be in Rotterdam, it's quite a trip for ya!
It was indeed quite a trip: at least a two hour drive back and forth! I had to be in the area so it wasn't a total loss.
I called the Toys XL store in Beek: they didn't have any classic figures either, but they ordered them for me and now I finally have them!
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #1205
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I bought a whole week's worth of the original artwork for the TMNT daily newspaper strip comic. The week is December 23rd-27th of 1991, which is a nice week, TMNT has a pretty strong past with Christmas related stories, and this woulda been Christmas right after I turned 4 years old, which was the year I got the Ninja Turtle van as a present, so its got a little extra special Nostalgia for me. Sorry my scanner is packed away from still being in the moving process (can't move into the new house until May 30th) so I had to use my crappy cell phone camera to snag pictures.



Here's my favorite panel:
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #1206
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
cool stips man. that last panel is great!
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #1207
Cavjo
Thug
 
Cavjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mexico
Posts: 90
Very nice man!!!!
Cavjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #1208
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,905
Anyone have good contact info for Eric Talbot? I have tried just about every e-mail addy I could find, and via his Skull Factory FB page. He will be at Heroes and Boston Comic-Con, and I was wondering if he will take commissions at the show, or do head sketches, or pre-con commissions or anything like that. Also...does he sell his sketches he posts on his blog?? I know I would pay some serious $$ for some of those turtle ones.....but I just can't get him to respond....seems sort of odd....he could make some decent $ on his sketches and commissions.

Any help would be awesome
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #1209
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Anyone have good contact info for Eric Talbot? I have tried just about every e-mail addy I could find, and via his Skull Factory FB page. He will be at Heroes and Boston Comic-Con, and I was wondering if he will take commissions at the show, or do head sketches, or pre-con commissions or anything like that. Also...does he sell his sketches he posts on his blog?? I know I would pay some serious $$ for some of those turtle ones.....but I just can't get him to respond....seems sort of odd....he could make some decent $ on his sketches and commissions.

Any help would be awesome
he chooses not to respond. i've contacted him many times, only a few times he has responded back. even the other mirage guys will tell you that getting a reply from him is difficult. i doubt he'll take precon commissions, but my gutt is telling me that he would accept a few commissions durring the hero's and boston cons. i'm sure he'll probably have a few sketches available at the shows too. he seems like the type of person who only likes to do what he wants to do and doesnt like to be under the gun with commissions. cant say i blame him. its more fun to draw/paint what you're inspired to at the time than to have to draw/paint what someone else wants that may not even really interest you.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #1210
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticplayhouse View Post
he chooses not to respond. i've contacted him many times, only a few times he has responded back. even the other mirage guys will tell you that getting a reply from him is difficult. i doubt he'll take precon commissions, but my gutt is telling me that he would accept a few commissions durring the hero's and boston cons. i'm sure he'll probably have a few sketches available at the shows too. he seems like the type of person who only likes to do what he wants to do and doesnt like to be under the gun with commissions. cant say i blame him. its more fun to draw/paint what you're inspired to at the time than to have to draw/paint what someone else wants that may not even really interest you.
Was wondering why I never heard from him. Makes sense.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #1211
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
I bought a whole week's worth of the original artwork for the TMNT daily newspaper strip comic. The week is December 23rd-27th of 1991, which is a nice week, TMNT has a pretty strong past with Christmas related stories, and this woulda been Christmas right after I turned 4 years old, which was the year I got the Ninja Turtle van as a present, so its got a little extra special Nostalgia for me. Sorry my scanner is packed away from still being in the moving process (can't move into the new house until May 30th) so I had to use my crappy cell phone camera to snag pictures.

Spoiler:


Here's my favorite panel:

awesome stuff dude
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #1212
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticplayhouse View Post
he chooses not to respond. i've contacted him many times, only a few times he has responded back. even the other mirage guys will tell you that getting a reply from him is difficult. i doubt he'll take precon commissions, but my gutt is telling me that he would accept a few commissions durring the hero's and boston cons. i'm sure he'll probably have a few sketches available at the shows too. he seems like the type of person who only likes to do what he wants to do and doesnt like to be under the gun with commissions. cant say i blame him. its more fun to draw/paint what you're inspired to at the time than to have to draw/paint what someone else wants that may not even really interest you.
IDK...I understand...but at the same time I don't. Is he still an artist? Is that still his job? It seems like he sketches a ton.....why not sell anything. He doesn't have to take commissions....but sell some of that rad art that's posted all the time!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #1213
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,837
Art is a very personal experience. Many artists wish to keep their work, as they put their heart and soul into it...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #1214
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
IDK...I understand...but at the same time I don't. Is he still an artist? Is that still his job? It seems like he sketches a ton.....why not sell anything. He doesn't have to take commissions....but sell some of that rad art that's posted all the time!
he is still very much the artist and i totally feel ya. i also agree with what powder says.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #1215
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
It's for that very reason that Samnee and Aja don't sell their finished art pages.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #1216
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Those newspaper strips are pretty sweet. I've never owned any but I do like seeing them. So what newspapers were these printed in? It'd be cool to have an old paper that these were in, if anything just to see what was making headlines 20 years ago!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #1217
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Thanks, I have 10 different strips now. These 5 continuous strips from December 23-27 of 1991 plus 5 from November 91 as well. They really are great pieces of original art. Love Lawson's work on these.

I would love to track down an old complete Newspaper that had a strip, like you said the headlines would be interesting, but I'm sure that's near impossible.

Bobby Curnow said he believes that IDW has a complete set of scans of the whole series and thinks that maybe down the line a hardcover release is planned, similar to what IDW is doing with the Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman newspaper comic strips this summer. That would be awesome if he got a complete hardcover of the Turtle series.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #1218
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
Spoiler:



Got this today, added spoiler tags since the picture is a little large, I think Mr.Lawson did a great job. All I asked for was Leonardo and I preferred this piece to have a blue bandana. The actual water colors are much more vibrant than the picture I took of it.
__________________

Last edited by drewizzle88; 05-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #1219
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,837
Oh daaamn, that is stellar! I love Leos by Lawson. Especially in color! Nice score.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #1220
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
^thanks man...what a nice guy to boot plus crazy fast turn around time. I payed for it on Saturday afternoon and already received it today, I had no idea he had even started on it.
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.