The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Based on what? Haven't seen even one person give that impression.
All the questions, specilation, will shredder appear or not, will leo be leader snd grow as a character, blah blah. It's lije asking tons of serious questions about TTG. i don't think the show is going to be very story driven with strong themes and complicated plots.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #22
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
All the questions, specilation, will shredder appear or not, will leo be leader snd grow as a character, blah blah. It's lije asking tons of serious questions about TTG. i don't think the show is going to be very story driven with strong themes and complicated plots.
I mean just because people are asking that doesn't mean they are going to expect an epic saga also there are plenty of shows that explore deep themes that only have a 11 minute run time
Old 03-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #23
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Watch Adventure Time
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

0 or 1. And that's OK. This show isn't even in the same stratosphere of being for me.

I'll probably watch the first episode then just occasionally see what you guys are saying about future eps when I'm bored.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #25
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

It's a new TMNT show so i can't help but be excited about it. Not the biggest fan of the design but it's much better than what I was expecting. The 11 minute runtime kinda worries me though.

By the way, does Teen Titans Go even have villains? From what I've seen it's just a series of skit so I don't really get the comparison.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:13 PM   #26
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

The lowest I've ever been for anything TMNT, really.

But hey - maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:47 AM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Good storytelling often needs time. The 4 Kids series had many great storyarcs split into several episodes.

11 minutes-episodes will probably just stress up everything (I don't think there will be many "to be continued" in this one).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #28
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I think I am relatively excited. I am curious how the show will play out and I will watch it just to see. Im getting the toys because I always get the toys

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #29
Overlord

Quote:
I wonder where I'll even get them if they were cool once Toys R Us is 100% gone.
Probably online ordering.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #30
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
By the way, does Teen Titans Go even have villains? From what I've seen it's just a series of skit so I don't really get the comparison.
Yeah it does, but they are mainly used for jokes.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #31
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I'm pretty 'Meh' on it. Half of it is the time format, 11 minutes doesn't seem like a lot to me. I know Genndy's Clone Wars pulled off using very short segments extremely well, but this show doesn't scream 'Genndy quality' to me.

The other part is them doing this too soon after the last show ended. I want a period where I get to 'miss' having a show, that way it feels rare and special when a new show comes on. Otherwise it feels like it gets 'done to death' and it stops feeling so exciting.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:28 AM   #32
Overlord

So, how will an 11 minutes episode be?

Jus the turtles learning someone is behind something, search and find him and her quickly, fight and then it's over?
Old 03-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
So, how will an 11 minutes episode be?

Jus the turtles learning someone is behind something, search and find him and her quickly, fight and then it's over?
Just imagine how long it would feel if we get 22 minute 2 parters, or even a 44 minute episode.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #34
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Just imagine how long it would feel if we get 22 minute 2 parters, or even a 44 minute episode.
We have had 22 minute 2 parters If the show explored enough depth I'd take 44 minutes, same as adult shows. Depends what the show is meant to be, I liked 22 minutes but this is a different style.

I'm not hating on the new show and will likely watch it with my children, I just don't at this point expect it to be something I get into much beyond that, but you never know.

Last edited by newfan; 03-19-2018 at 06:22 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #35
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
We have had 22 minute 2 parters If the show explored enough depth (a bit older) I'd take 44 minutes, same as adult shows. Depends what the show is meant to be, I liked 22 minutes but this is a different style.

I'm not hating on the new show and will likely watch it with my children, I just don't at this point expect it to be something I get into much beyond that, but you never know.
Did your children like the Nickelodeon series?
Old 03-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #36
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Did your children like the Nickelodeon series?
My son loved it.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #37
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
My son loved it.
Is he upset over the Nickelodeon series cancellation?
Old 03-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

When a show ends it's not really a cancellation. There's a difference between a show planned to end after a set amount of seasons (which it did), and a show being canceled by the networks unexpectedly. Something like a show being canceled mid-season or with a cliffhanger when the showrunners thought it would continue is a cancelation.

That's what happened with Young Justice when Cartoon Network canceled it in Season 2, or the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons. They weren't planned to end there but the networks canceled them. The Nick cartoon was always planned for 5 seasons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When a show ends it's not really a cancellation. There's a difference between a show planned to end after a set amount of seasons (which it did), and a show being canceled by the networks unexpectedly.
Yeah. It's not like anyone is saying TNG was cancelled at season 7. There was certainly never any plan for a season 8.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:36 AM   #40
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is he upset over the Nickelodeon series cancellation?
Sure he didn't want to see it go, it was his favourite thing and it goes from the stores as well no more new eps. Still, he'll likely like the new show, just not liking the look of them as much, or the leader change, but I think kids may get used to that faster.

Last edited by newfan; 03-19-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Tags
rise of the tmnt