The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #121
ToTheNines
[sic]

ComicBookMovie has such a hard on for this thing. Calling it a "truly epic" trailer, Zack Snyder's Magnum Opus lol. According to them, it was "easily the highlight" of SDCC this year.

Jesus.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #122
Commenter 42
Banned

It's so crazy. So many people in denial, still.

DC has great characters; characters that are being mocked by Snyder, at every turn.

Tone deaf.

How long until the rights revert?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #123
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm not keen on Flash, Aquaman or Cyborg yet.

Batman and Wonder Woman look fine as usual. Hopefully Superman doesn't stand around with a grimace all movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #124
sdp
-

Many people seemed excited for the footage but I didn't really like it, it was bad for the most part besides the novelty of seeing the live action JL. I really liked Aquaman and thought it worked perfectly. I'm not liking Flash, I wish he were older but a younger flash just draws too many similarities with the TV show Flash who we already love so he already has expectations against him coming in. They really should've pulled the TV shows which is DC's strong point into their movie verse. Cyborgs CG looked terrible, like Green Lantern levels of bad but at least GL had the whole "it's supposed to be energy" excuse but here it's supposed to be real metal. It also looks boring, they really should've made it more like the Teen Titans cartoon re-design which makes it more futuristic.

The Wonder Woman trailer didn't excite me much, doesn't look terrible but not interested.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #125
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

The trailer is ok, but people bitched and bitched and bitched so much to have it more like Marvel, and now here it is folks...It has nothing to separate it from Marvel movies...congrats you bastards.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #126
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
The trailer is ok, but people bitched and bitched and bitched so much to have it more like Marvel, and now here it is folks...It has nothing to separate it from Marvel movies...congrats you bastards.
Eh...that didn't look like a Marvel movie to me. If it did I probably would've liked it more.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #127
ToTheNines
[sic]

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully Affleck and Gal Godot can carry this movie. They have pretty good chemistry and they're bound to get more screentime together this time than in the one before.

Too early to say anything about the new heroes.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:48 AM   #129
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I want to punch the internet in the face.

I though the trailer, or Comic Con footage, or whatever the hell it is was pretty good for what it is. Why the sh*t do we need a million reaction videos though? Nobody gives a pinch of monkey cack what your face looked like when you saw Aquaman’s contact lenses for the first time. And clean up your bedroom, it’s a disgrace.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:05 AM   #130
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
Your sig is too big. Fix it.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:10 AM   #131
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I though the trailer, or Comic Con footage, or whatever the hell it is was pretty good for what it is. Why the sh*t do we need a million reaction videos though? Nobody gives a pinch of monkey cack what your face looked like when you saw Aquaman’s contact lenses for the first time. And clean up your bedroom, it’s a disgrace.
These are young millennials who use youtube as their hope of becoming famous or filthy rich, (and I can't blame them, if you look it up some of these youtube stars somehow earn $10 million), and thus make as much videos as they can.

Weird, I kind of missed the whole youtube sensation. I had no idea people could make real money over stupid videos like that.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 AM   #132
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
These are young millennials who use youtube as their hope of becoming famous or filthy rich, (and I can't blame them, if you look it up some of these youtube stars somehow earn $10 million), and thus make as much videos as they can.

Weird, I kind of missed the whole youtube sensation. I had no idea people could make real money over stupid videos like that.
It's never to late to start. You'd be a big hit. Turn on your webcam and have at it man.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:07 AM   #133
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was at Comic Con and easily the breakthrough trailer, not Justice League (which wasn't billed as much as a trailer as... a collection of footage to show) and not Doctor Strange... was Wonder Woman. Very excellent trailer, even if the WWI setting and making her some kind of Immortal is a very strange and counterproductive choice, IMHO.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:21 AM   #134
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I agree with that - I liked the Wonder Woman trailer a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well it's only a matter of time before Bob Iger replaces them with robots.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:26 PM   #135
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I will admit, I do like how DC is at least trying to make this enjoyable. But in terms of comedy, you have to do WAY better than this. With the exception of the Flash, it felt like they were struggling to try and make us laugh, as if they're trying to adjust to "lightening up". It's like Raven trying to tell a joke and she fails.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #136
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Not sure if Cavill is trolling here with a black and white photo or if we're getting the black suit in JL.

The black suit definitely seems like something Snyder would do and WB has wanted this on screen for years.

Last edited by NinjaPug; 08-15-2016 at 04:58 PM.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #137
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Not sure if Cavill is trolling here with a black and white photo or if we're getting the black suit in JL.

The black suit definitely seems like something Snyder would do and WB has wanted this on screen for years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp7DMc_WIAYZcMZ.jpg
Nicholas Cage?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yay, the "Return of Superman" and the "Reign of the Supermen" story just in time for the first Justice League movie!

Wait, what? Dumb.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #139
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp7DMc_WIAYZcMZ.jpg
Superman costume, or an artsy photo of a fancy Victorian ceiling?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #140
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

If Superman shows up in the solar suit sans mullet, I'm rioting.
#mulletforsuperman

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote