The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #1021
Vegita-San
Emperor

why not?

you spend a couple hundred million to acquire turtles. you want your first turtles show to have at least enough episodes to have a good repeat life.

even if the guys running it think the main story only needs 4 seasons to tell.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #1022
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Because networks aren't going to order 5 seasons of anything right off the bat simply because they want an arbitrary number of episodes for repeats. They order additional seasons as a series goes on based on its viability.

Also, Nick only paid $60 million for TMNT.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:50 AM   #1023
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i was going to drop the show at this point, but what the hell..it's the last season. so, i watch the shows whenever i remember too. I stopped being invested in what happened in this series sometime around season 2's lackluster performance.

so far this season has been a horror movie fest. i don't know who likes these types of episodes, but there havebeen more in this show than any other. looks like yet another gross monster movie design with shredder coming up. oh joy!
Why the hell do you keep purposely trolling this forum with your anti-Nick posts? If you don't like the show stop posting in this section, is this so hard to comprehend? You obviously can't comprehend what everyone else does while watching the show.

And you're making bizarre posts saying, "I don't know who cares for these type of episodes" when you can clearly see in the review threads many people like these episodes? I seriously wonder how you cannot comprehend this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #1024
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

New image posted by Brandon.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSod1ahhueg/

brandon_auman Tomorrow at 9am! Who ya gonna call? #TMNT #teenagemutantninjaturtles #booyakasha #ghostbusters
Old 04-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #1025
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Because networks aren't going to order 5 seasons of anything right off the bat simply because they want an arbitrary number of episodes for repeats. They order additional seasons as a series goes on based on its viability.

Also, Nick only paid $60 million for TMNT.
Yeah, i understand that. but why would it be so hard to believe that they'd want to keep a series going far past what the creators thought it should have ended by?

I seem to recall that the powers that be in charge of this series said that they had enough story for at least 4 seasons and thought it'd be best to end it there. yet nick thought it viable enough to order at least one more.

to me at least it would make sense that they'd want their first series off the bat to have at least enough episodes to be able to marathon into infinity for the rest of eternity. just seems like a future proof decision kind of thing.

not saying that they would, and keep the series going if they where loosing money just to up the episode count...but that it's possible.

I can't even remember what got this convo going at the moment .
Old 04-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #1026
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like Kevin Eastman wrote an episode for Season 5, The episode titled "Lone Wolf and Cub"
Old 04-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #1027
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looks like Kevin Eastman wrote an episode for Season 5, The episode titled "Lone Wolf and Cub"
It's called Lone Rat and Cubs.

But anyway that's awesome.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #1028
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It's called Lone Rat and Cubs.

But anyway that's awesome.
Yeah, Lone Rat and Cubs.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #1029
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Yeah, i understand that. but why would it be so hard to believe that they'd want to keep a series going far past what the creators thought it should have ended by?

I seem to recall that the powers that be in charge of this series said that they had enough story for at least 4 seasons and thought it'd be best to end it there. yet nick thought it viable enough to order at least one more.

to me at least it would make sense that they'd want their first series off the bat to have at least enough episodes to be able to marathon into infinity for the rest of eternity. just seems like a future proof decision kind of thing.

not saying that they would, and keep the series going if they where loosing money just to up the episode count...but that it's possible.

I can't even remember what got this convo going at the moment .
Ciro said he had a 5 season plan back during the 1st season
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #1030
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san is trolling about the Nick cartoon as usual, why are you bothering? The guy makes up stuff and pretends Ciro said something and then believes his own nonsense.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #1031
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i wonder how long of a hiatus it will be after tomorrows episode. will it be one month? three? or maybe September after the summer vacation is over.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #1032
snake
Disgusting

Goddamnit. I know we're getting one, but I'm hoping so hard for there not to be a hiatus.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #1033
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i wonder how long of a hiatus it will be after tomorrows episode. will it be one month? three? or maybe September after the summer vacation is over.
I'd much rather that this season ends at around Oct./Nov. 2017 rather than further into 2018, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 6-8 week hiatus. The longest hiatus we had was after the Turtles defeated the Triceratons which was 3 1/2 months I believe, so according to that information, the hiatus shouldn't extend past summer vacation.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:48 AM   #1034
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
In general, there are four episodes and then four weeks breaks (except during Christmas and midyear). So I believe we'll get four new episodes in mid-May and early-June. Then we'll probably get new episodes by mid-late August again.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #1035
Vegita-San
Emperor

knowing how nick operates with this series, i'm not surprised that it'll end just as the new show begins.

with super long breaks
Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #1036
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
I dont understand. If you hate this show so much, why do you torture yourself?

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #1037
Vicky82
Emperor

Eric Bauza tweeted that End Times is Tiger Claws last appearance.

https://twitter.com/bauzilla/status/851120566585114626

So I guess that's it for the Foot Clan

No Shredder - he's dead
No Fishface - He returned to his old life as a thief
No Rahzar - He's dead
No Tiger Claw - He's gone

Baxter wasn't in these episodes so i'm going to guess that Owari was his last appearance
Rocksteady and Bebop disappeared during the fight in End Times so they may be back later.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #1038
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bebop/Rocksteady have a 90% chance being in the crossover and meeting their 80's versions.

I am really surprised if this is Tiger Claw's last appearance, I would have thought he'd get at least one more episode with Alopex.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #1039
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Eric Bauza tweeted that End Times is Tiger Claws last appearance.

https://twitter.com/bauzilla/status/851120566585114626

So I guess that's it for the Foot Clan

No Shredder - he's dead
No Fishface - He returned to his old life as a thief
No Rahzar - He's dead
No Tiger Claw - He's gone

Baxter wasn't in these episodes so i'm going to guess that Owari was his last appearance
Rocksteady and Bebop disappeared during the fight in End Times so they may be back later.
So that's it? The character just says "peace out" off-screen after Hothead is sent back to hell? That's... Strangely anti-climactic, he spent three seasons pretty much just doing what Shredder told him and when he finally takes initiative, he goes away? What about that stuff with Alopex? Just another cliffhanger without resolution?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:02 PM   #1040
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's why it feels weird to me, maybe his VA doesn't want to spoil anything?

Tags
season 5