Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 08:33 AM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

May 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #82

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Dave Wachter (a & c) • Kevin Eastman (c)

“Kingdom of Rats,” Part 2. Rat King’s sinister influence spreads, and New York City’s most vulnerable are at risk! The Turtles search out the Rat King’s family in a desperate attempt to find a way to stop him!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Dives deep into the most mysterious characters in the TMNT universe!
Variant cover by Will Robson!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #22

Spoiler:

Paul Allor (w) • Mark Torres (a & c) • Freddie Williams II (c)

Can Donatello mediate a truce between the Utroms and the Triceratons, or will fanatics on both sides cause a deadly derailment? The fate of alien life on Earth hangs in the balance!

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Establishes a new status quo that will influence events on the road to TMNT #100!
Variant cover by Fico Ossio!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Urban Legends #1

Spoiler:

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c)

This is it, fans! You demanded it, and IDW Publishing listened! The entire Image Comics TMNT run (a.k.a TMNT Volume 3) reproduced for the first time ever in full, four-color glory! Join creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco as they take the Heroes in a Half-Shell on some of their most amazing and dangerous and bizarre adventures ever… culminating in three brand-new issues by Carlson and Fosco to properly close out this long-beloved storyline at last!

In this premiere issue, the TMNT and Master Splinter are attacked in their lair by a group of cyborgs led by the female ninja called Pimiko. Before the attack is over, one family member will fall… and one will be lost! Don’t miss your chance to get in on the ground floor of the entire TMNT Image experience!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The entire TMNT Volume 3 run— all 23 issues—reprinted in full color for the first time!

Culminates in three brand-new issues (#24-26), written and drawn by original creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco, completing the entire tale at last!

Colors by IDW TMNT veteran Adam Guzowski (TMNT Color Classics)!
Featuring new cover art by Frank Fosco and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
funatic
Mad Scientist

Well it looks like the Urban Legends B covers will just be the reprinted Image covers... Are the new covers and colorization worth double-dipping for?... Or do I just wait til 2020 for the new issues? CHOICES.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Cool, cool...

But man. 2 years to wait till we get to #24-26 for Image TMNT. I was hoping for bimonthly releases, but if only #1 is solicited for May... welp.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #4
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

IDW's monthly rerelease of The Maxx: Maxximized was the same deal. They redid the colors and the lettering and then reissued the old comic on a monthly basis until they ran out of issues. I purchased each one to show my support for The Maxx and to get the brand new Cover As (Cover Bs were all the original covers). There was only a new back-up in the first issue and no new content after that beyond the Cover As and the re-colors.

With Maxximized, the only drag was that the letterer wasn't very good and there were a number of new errors that weren't in the original issues; speech bubbles missing tails, typos, speech bubbles attributed to the wrong character so now conversations made no sense, etc. Here's hoping Urban Legends takes a little more care, if they're relettering the art as well. I'll pick it up monthly for the new Cover As, mostly, and to show my support on the long road to the new issues.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
IDW's monthly rerelease of The Maxx: Maxximized was the same deal. They redid the colors and the lettering and then reissued the old comic on a monthly basis until they ran out of issues. I purchased each one to show my support for The Maxx and to get the brand new Cover As (Cover Bs were all the original covers). There was only a new back-up in the first issue and no new content after that beyond the Cover As and the re-colors.

With Maxximized, the only drag was that the letterer wasn't very good and there were a number of new errors that weren't in the original issues; speech bubbles missing tails, typos, speech bubbles attributed to the wrong character so now conversations made no sense, etc. Here's hoping Urban Legends takes a little more care, if they're relettering the art as well. I'll pick it up monthly for the new Cover As, mostly, and to show my support on the long road to the new issues.
I'm just hoping the coloring is okay... if there is ONE thing wrong with IDW Mirage reprints and collections, it's been the coloring.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Cool. They're using the Fosco cover I colored.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Is that an Utrom being hatched?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

I'm excited to see the Eastman covers! Hope that's not a mistake, because they aren't showing any for the first issue.

Also, didn't "Scorpion Studios" color the Color Classics? Looks like they are referencing the gentleman who did the color classics, but I don't remember seeing his name on them.

It may be a small thing, but the solicit excites me in the way it carries itself as catering to fans. Exciting times ahead?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Pretty sure it's a seed starting to germinate.

Maybe the Utroms are starting to grow pinkbonnets on Burnow Island?
Old 02-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Looks like the main series is gearing up to wrap up some storylines and head to the main ones as we're inching closer to the big 100 finale. I expect IDW to go on for a long time, but I'll view issue 100 as the "series finale" for now. I expect as big a conclusion as #50 had.

Universe seems to be wrapping up the aftermath of the Triceraton invasion too which is good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It seems to me that Utroms give live birth, from social clues and it just makes more sense.

I have to admit, as corny as it is on the cover (which is corny as a whole with everything being over layed in an Utrom silhouette), I couldn't help but say a little "aww" at the seed growing.
Obviously the island's plant life would have struggled because of the Technodrome, but it's suggesting recovery.

Maybe even suggesting that things might end a little bit better, it's a pretty optimistic cover compared to the first.