The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #161
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeah but if he repeats it enough maybe, just maybe, it might become something true. Kind of like how irregardless is now in the dictionary.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:39 PM   #162
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
My brother was born in 1983... I don't consider him to be of the same generation as someone born in 1994.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #163
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Could you provide an example?
I believe the grass is green.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #164
plastroncafe

Beliefs are just opinions more eloquently spoken.

Chlorophyll is green.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #165
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
I've not logged in for a great time.

Yes, there is some toxic things going on in the TMNT kingdom. I'll explain why.

The longevity of the TMNT world is now current 33 years? Something like that. It was very very heavy from 1984-1993ish. Then things slowed down a lot. 94-99 was a downtime mostly.

It pulled through and overall it's been a great franchise. What you have now... is older fans like myself that can remember watching the original 88 cartoon back in 1990-1993 mainly on Saturday mornings...and just being wowed. Getting the toys for Christmas etc....

And you have newer fans... aka millennials. Who to be honest, "for the most part" are some of the worst people on the planet.

I already know this post won't go over well, and that is fine. This is just the truth. Younger people or... "millennials" is anyone born in the 1996-2000 range. People that are roughly 15-21 years of age currently.

Hence being born close to the "millennium". I'm not hating. It's just facts. Younger audiences to TMNT are really harsh or overly accepting of everything.

(political rant could go here...)

They lack logic and objectiveness. That is fine I guess. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It isn't all their fault though. Some of us older people are somewhat straight laced in our thinking.

Like I'll say the Original movie is the best, or the OT is the best cartoon of TMNT. Why? Well I do think they are both the best, and more original, as they were 1st in their genres of movie and cartoon. MOst things 1st are the best usually.

Also, because I grew up with them. Maybe that is why? I don't know. I really do try to look at it from a objective view. The current CGI TMNT isn't that great to me. Never got into it. It's fine, it's good at times, but it just isn't for me. My kids love it of course.

The trick is that you have TMNT fans that are 30-40, and then fans that are 15-21ish

Of course you have fans aged 22-29... duh. But the majority of fans fall in this age ranges I think. And the thought processes are different. Very different in most things.

That brings debate and toxicity.

If you didn't read all of this... then you've really missed out.
Bunch of nonsense, which sounds like an old man yelling at a cloud.

"How dare young people don't enjoy crap that I though was great, when I was a kid!!"
Yeah, objective truth, my hide.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:06 AM   #166
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
It is several reasons why the TMNT community is testy and toxic at times.
I don't know about other sites, some of you do but so far as this site goes, there aren't too many in the age group you describe, the arguments are mostly between people in a similar age group.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:34 AM   #167
Vegita-San
Emperor

want to see a real group of toxic people, check out some of the ghostbuster pages. ugh.

you'll never find a more miserable hive of scum and villany.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:22 AM   #168
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

You don't have to feel the toxicity if you remove yourself from areas or discussions where it is most rampant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #169
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I find it funny though, saying there is no such thing as an objective opinion.

Isn't that in itself an objective claim in it of itself?
If you review something you like it's going to be part subjective/part objective. You deciding to review something is already subjective because you want to.

However certain things in this world as in for example seeing a shooting star and making an observation about it is fact as it did happen as it's a known phenomenon like when it rains. Many have experienced it and it's real because it's proven as happening. Now standing in a high tower and telling those below you something is rubbish and something is not rubbish is not fact but opinion. Fans sometimes mistake opinion for fact.

Quote:
want to see a real group of toxic people, check out some of the ghostbuster pages. ugh.

you'll never find a more miserable hive of scum and villany.
Ghostbusters Fans? Yep, got kicked out of that one by the "I'm right, you're wrong" moderator Kingpin. Actually out of two forums I was kicked out of one of the primary users who got me banned was an arrogant Canadian. What a weird coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
You don't have to feel the toxicity if you remove yourself from areas or discussions where it is most rampant.
What about if I want to comment like everybody else in those toxic environments? I have a right to respond. What gives others the reason to ban those that don't agree with them? Don't know about you but it sounds like a dictatorship to me.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #170
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
What about if I want to comment like everybody else in those toxic environments? I have a right to respond. What gives others the reason to ban those that don't agree with them? Don't know about you but it sounds like a dictatorship to me.

If you have to be approved to participate in a forum, then it's not a publicly open space. The folks that run it get to control what happens in their space.

So while you might feel like you have the right to respond, you really don't.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #171
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
If you have to be approved to participate in a forum, then it's not a publicly open space. The folks that run it get to control what happens in their space.

So while you might feel like you have the right to respond, you really don't.
I understand that basically at the end of the day I'm a guest but if the mods aren't treating people equally with equal respect there is something wrong there.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #172
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I understand that basically at the end of the day I'm a guest but if the mods aren't treating people equally with equal respect there is something wrong there.

Yep.

Sadly, i nthis day and age where people's opinions go towards 'my way or the high way' of agreeing or dis agreeing, the mods will sometimes act like trolls themselves and loose all sense of subjectivity, especially if they've since fallen into the SJW crowd after becoming a mod.

I've seen that alot on the other forum I got banned on. only in that place, if you had ANY kind of hollywood connection, even a disney stock holder no less, the mods stuck up for you and let you get away with all kinds of nasty crap.

meanwhile if I so much as dared defend myself against endless attacks, i was the one reprimanded. usually they didn't go after the one really causing the issues unless a 5 page argument broke out. sigh sometimes you don't realize HOW toxic a place like that is until you get banned from it and read it from the outside....

this place is nothing compared to there.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #173
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yep.Sadly, i nthis day and age where people's opinions go towards 'my way or the high way' of agreeing or dis agreeing, the mods will sometimes act like trolls themselves and loose all sense of subjectivity, especially if they've since fallen into the SJW crowd after becoming a mod.
In the case of say Trekcore by banning anybody that argues Star Trek Discovery isn't good the only people left are the fans, the elitist trolls. Regardless if I get banned so has many others. People are as so much as indifferent to Discovery are too scared to post on those Disqus pages. Meanwhile the pro-Discovery trolls are ruling the nest, forcing people to have their views.

I would like to add after I was banned I posted a comment on the Trekcore Facebook page to ask will anything be done about said users as they are bullying infrequent members. Their response was to delete my comment so I politely posted the same comment again, this time asking why they deleted my comment. They responded this time by banning my from their Facebook page! Meanwhile if at the time you looked below a user by the name of 'Jim Kirk' posted a comment like "can the haters tell me who you are so I can add you to my ignore list?" yet that comment is allowed to stay up?
Old 11-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #174
plastroncafe

I think the problem here is that you didn't recognize that your behavior was through being tolerated. If you have a question or concern about how a given Community is moderated, you contact the mods privately, you don't start wank in a public forum. That's just asking for trouble.

And if they delete your attempt to start wank in a public forum, the proper response is to not do it a second time. And certainly not to do it a third time.

At the end of the day you are a guest and they are under absolutely no obligation to provide you with any information.

My suggestion to you would be for you to start your own community, and then be as transparent and open-minded tour dissension as possible.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2017, 06:00 AM   #175
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think the problem here is that you didn't recognize that your behavior was through being tolerated. If you have a question or concern about how a given Community is moderated, you contact the mods privately, you don't start wank in a public forum. That's just asking for trouble.

And if they delete your attempt to start wank in a public forum, the proper response is to not do it a second time. And certainly not to do it a third time.

At the end of the day you are a guest and they are under absolutely no obligation to provide you with any information.

My suggestion to you would be for you to start your own community, and then be as transparent and open-minded tour dissension as possible.
I don't totally agree with not questioning them. I forgot to add I did e-mail them like two times to ask about their moderating and got no response which is why I complained on their Facebook page. Apart from that though I agree with your points.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #176
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
In the case of say Trekcore by banning anybody that argues Star Trek Discovery isn't good the only people left are the fans, the elitist trolls. Regardless if I get banned so has many others. People are as so much as indifferent to Discovery are too scared to post on those Disqus pages. Meanwhile the pro-Discovery trolls are ruling the nest, forcing people to have their views.

I would like to add after I was banned I posted a comment on the Trekcore Facebook page to ask will anything be done about said users as they are bullying infrequent members. Their response was to delete my comment so I politely posted the same comment again, this time asking why they deleted my comment. They responded this time by banning my from their Facebook page! Meanwhile if at the time you looked below a user by the name of 'Jim Kirk' posted a comment like "can the haters tell me who you are so I can add you to my ignore list?" yet that comment is allowed to stay up?
Your first mistake was trying to join a forum of Star Trek fans.

Trekkies are basically the trope originators for the modern "toxic fandom."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #177
plastroncafe

Quote:
I don't totally agree with not questioning them. I forgot to add I did e-mail them like two times to ask about their moderating and got no response which is why I complained on their Facebook page. Apart from that though I agree with your points.
I'm not saying not to question them.
I'm saying take the hint when they don't respond.

They don't owe you a response. You're not entitled to a response.
Especially if you don't take No for an answer, which you don't...or you would've taken the hint that the banishment was likely supposed to be.

It's about reading the room, and acting accordingly.
And the way you've described your own behavior say to me that this is something you struggle with.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #178
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:

Especially if you don't take No for an answer, which you don't...or you would've taken the hint that the banishment was likely supposed to be.

And the way you've described your own behavior say to me that this is something you struggle with.
Just curious, do you believe we are entitled to anything at all?

And what does it mean to be entitled in your book? Since you tend to use that arguement alot
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #179
plastroncafe

That's a really good question.
I think I would have to chew on it for a while to give anything even close to a comprehensive answer, but even that answer would be incomplete because I think the very definition for me shifts over time as I grow and change as a person.

I would say one of the few things that we are all entitled to is basic human dignity.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #180
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Your first mistake was trying to join a forum of Star Trek fans.

Trekkies are basically the trope originators for the modern "toxic fandom."
I know man but the site does post good news articles and reviews. It's such a shame the Disqus pages are run by the prominent users. The comments there are the same three or four people who bully everyone else with their opinions. Now that is toxic.

Quote:

Well adding to what you say the impression I've been getting is that if I have an opinion not shared by the moderator I'm not welcome. I certainly understand what you mean and you are right to an extent although it kind of gets to the point where they are limiting the amount of people who actually want to be there.

Over at Ghostbusters Fans the mod there is very left wing and calls the Ghostbusters reboot very progressive. To speak ill of it or how films are made today seems to incur his wrath. I did enough of this that it took a totally separate conversation with someone else about something completely unrelated to get me banned. Although it's worth noting one of the main people there who loved the movie (who also dislikes me) referred to Paul Feig's filmmaking as 'avant garde'. This is the kind of people who are getting me banned.

Tags
i_need_a_adult, sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity