The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #41
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

[QUOTE=newfan;1765427]I don't follow Football outside of the World cup but going on the last few I'm pretty sure they have struggled a draw or just about won when playing a team that is considered to be one which should be easier to beat.

I follow Football on international tournaments, for example this one, the World Cup; the Copa America (the oldest football tournament in the world; it celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2016), the Euro Cup and the Olympic football tournament.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #42
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Argentina and Brazil were disappointing. I was expecting solid victories against Iceland, a team who is participating in its first World Cup and Switzerland.
Considering Switzerland are ranked sixth in the world, you don't get there by being pushovers. I was expecting Brazil to win, but not by much. Iceland don't give up, and by crowding out Messi, you can neutralise so much of the team, they rely on him too much. Remember, Argentina only just qualified for the tournament, for a long time it looked like Netherlands and Italy, they were going to miss out.