The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #1
BartAllen
Banned

Mods insulting members?

So I've had a mod make an implication that I am intellectually stunted simply for disagreeing with his political views.

Now, I don't really care one way or the other if you ban me. I am troubled by the fact that a mod is abusing his/her power, though. Is this how you run your board?

Just wondering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again, for the record: I'm dumbfounded how my presence and ideas somehow were so... triggering to the mod in question. He said all sorts of things that, frankly, made no sense.

He implied that I was purposely antagonizing him. I seriously have no idea what's going on. I was simply voicing my opinions in a civilized manner. I never made any implications towards him or his intelligence. I also did not make ableist remarks against him (the velcro comment). Honestly, I feel like I'm on an episode of Punk'd, lmao.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lol.jpg (88.4 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
To the richest government in the world for the past 100 years? No, not really.

Because politicians stick to all of their promises?

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."
"No new taxes"
"Kuwaiti incubator babies"
"There are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq"

Trump is not unique in his nonsense promises. Yes, he is far more brash and idiotic in his presentation, but he is no way worse than anyone who preceded him. Everything Trump gets blamed for his predecessor did. Where was the condemnation then? Oh, I know, you liked Obummer, so it wasn't bad when he was doing just about everything Trump is doing now.

I'd give it to you that Trump was this uniquely bad presence if Obama didn't tear gas illegals at the border. If Obama didn't want the border wall when he was a senator. If Obama said that the AHCA was going to lower medical costs. If Obama didn't illegally start an armed conflict in Syria. I don't have the 'liberal smarts' to view him as this great beacon of "Hope" and "Change". He was horrible. He just dressed it up in pretty words and phrases.

I could even talk about the fact that Obama tried to have reporters arrested. I won't, though, as we need to focus on the fact that.. Orange man bad.
So be it. Let's begin.

First, this is not a PM, which you had said you'd be willing to take this to.

Second, you're tone here was just as sarcastic and caustic sounding as anything I've said. Assuming my political affiliation and then adding the "Obummer" part wasn't exactly called for. Not that egregious.

The thing that really got me though was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen
Orange man bad
In a response to me, you utilized a speech pattern indicative of stupidity. Since you dropped the gauntlet, I was under the impression you were thick skinned enough to take it.

Obviously, I was wrong.

From this point on, I will handle all of these things with kids gloves.

Next time, I'd ask you for the same consideration you demand for yourself.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
BartAllen
Banned

My using 'orange man bad' was not aimed at you. That is a HUGE reach. LMAO. That's the insult used when people are talking about Donald Trump. They call him Orange man. No insults were aimed at you. Oh, and where did I make any implication about your political affiliation. I didn't I have no way of knowing which way you vote.

Again. nowhere did I insult you or make any type of implication towards you (something you're still doing to me, btw). How about this, let's have an Admin or another mod look at this situation.

Also, how can you make any inference about my tone through text? I am legitimately interested in your answer. I don't see how anything I wrote could in anyway be taken as sarcastic and mean spirited. I wasn't being sarcastic with my post. I was simply stating the truth of the situation.

It is odd, though, that you are a member of a group on this board that uses a racial slur that is aimed at caucasian people.

Honky killer? Wow.

As a POC myself, I find that prejudice to be extremely divisive. How does that type of nonsense have a place on this board? Seriously?

And, frankly, you have struck a nerve with me. How do you think it's at all appropriate to make a remark implying someone is intellectually disabled? Do you not understand the weight that remark has? How do you think that makes actual people with disabilities feel?

Personally, I'm not bothered by the horrible remarks you've made. I just feel bad that a person with an intellectual/physical disability might have had to see that.

Anyway, I hope the admins take a long hard look at this situation. See the way that thread was going before I even responded to it. Look at the antagonizing and horrible implications made at members that were voicing a dissenting opinion and take appropriate action.

Oh, I have also grabbed all of my posts. In case any suddenly disappear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prejudice.jpg (89.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
BartAllen
Banned

I just want to show that the mod in question was editing and harassing other members in the thread long before I showed up. He was insulting anyone who doesn't hold his opinion.

There is an obvious bias at play here. I'm not bothered by it (not surprise). I'm just pointing it out.

Frankly, I don't expect any change or anything. I just wanted to point out the silliness of the situation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Changing posts.jpg (66.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Damn Bart, I didn’t think you’d be such a thin-skinned drama queen.

After being called out by your caustic tone you just find something else to blow out of Proportions.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Damn Bart, I didn’t think you’d be such a thin-skinned drama queen.

After being called out by your caustic tone you just find something else to blow out of Proportions.

You got me. lmao. .
Old 01-10-2019, 09:30 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And what's with changing my thread title because of your own political leanings?
Old 01-10-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And what's with changing my thread title because of your own political leanings?
Don't even question it, Andrew. He's already told me he plans to delete everything. I guess I'll just upload his tirades to this thread. It's a shame he can abuse his 'power' the way he has.

The guy has accused an ethnic/racial minority of racism. I'm always up for spirited debate, but making horrible/borderline prejudice claims against people is not the way a mod should act.

Soo... I'm going to laugh when I get banned for not agreeing with a prejudice, ableist, racist that can't deal with an opinion that doesn't align with his own so he claims he's been 'anatagonized'. What a travesty of a human being.

The way he deleted parts of his messages to me in our other... Is that the pm system? Is downright staggering. He'd make a horrible implication about me then quickly delete it.

And who in their right mind would think that me saying 'orange man bad' is an insult aimed at them? I mean come on. The way this guy builds narratives you'd think he writes for a TV show. lmao.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lol1.jpg (91.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg lol2.jpg (99.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg lol3.jpg (77.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg lol4.jpg (100.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

BartAllen is a joke.

Quote:
Maybe stop posting and making political threads which you've been told not to and this won't be an issue?
Old 01-10-2019, 09:59 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Maybe stop posting and making political threads which you've been told not to and this won't be an issue?
You mean like the ones Voltron (you know, the moderator) made? Like these?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60848

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60851

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60818
Old 01-10-2019, 10:05 AM   #11
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Fair enough. No more political posts in the GD then.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #12
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Don't you understand, Andrew. It's not political when they do it. It's not racist *shudders* when they do it. They can say horribly racist things because they're 'on the right side of history'. The way Voltron was deleting posts after making HORRIBLE comments just go to show that he's not doing any of this in good faith. He's editing things to make himself look better.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't care who makes them, they're crap, it's a TMNT board. Sometimes politics and social issues can spill into other topics as we've seen in recent years and it's hard to avoid but at the end of the day political discussions are banned and need to be enforced more since they always turn to crap and rot other discussions elsewhere on the board.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #14
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't care who makes them, they're crap, it's a TMNT board. Sometimes politics and social issues can spill into other topics as we've seen in recent years and it's hard to avoid but at the end of the day political discussions are banned and need to be enforced more since they always turn to crap and rot other discussions elsewhere on the board.
Should mods be allowed to insult members they disagree with? Serious question.

The worst part is the way the posts have been selectively edited to take out the incriminating evidence. It's almost like said mod knows what he is doing is wrong.

Both Andrew and myself have seen the edits.

Allegedly I'm having a tantrum because I am pointing out an abuse of power. lmao.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

You do know that mods can see the edits of posts, right?

If you think your posts have been edited by someone else then yourself, contact another mod.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #16
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:

If you think your posts have been edited by someone else then yourself, contact another mod.
That I do. My posts have not been edited by anyone other than me. There were a few posts in PM that were sent to me that were deleted. I only saw one that was really nasty. The rest weren't all that bad.

You do realize that a thread has been locked simply because a mod disagreed with a post. Only after he insulted a member (he's in a position of power) then claimed he was being sarcastic to cover up for the fact that he broke the rules he's supposed to enforce, right? Nothing I have written at any time on this board even comes close to breaking the rules. I still expect to get banned, though. I'll just laugh as I am doing right now.

I've had the mod imply i'm stupid. Tell me I'm childish and then tell me I'm throwing a tantrum based on the fact I had the gall to question his bad actions.

Oh, and I don't actually care if I get banned. If mods can selectively apply the rules or out and out break the rules that have been set forth and generally just be terrible people then I REALLY don't care if I'm a part of this community. You can have your echochamber.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

I think only certain mods have moderator access/jurisdiction over specific forums within the board. It's just the way it's set up by Krang.

So that... might be akin to screaming into the abyss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Fair enough. No more political posts in the GD then.
I don't mean to be mean, but... we were doing relatively fine with political threads until you resurfaced and took moderator action stemming from your own political beliefs. Impassioned disagreements were had, to be certain, but there wasn't like name-calling or insult hurling. You come back and suddenly people are being called racist, thread titles are being changed to suit opposing political viewpoints, and posts edited to skew things one way.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #18
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
I don't mean to be mean, but... we were doing relatively fine with political threads until you resurfaced and took moderator action stemming from your own political beliefs. Impassioned disagreements were had, to be certain, but there wasn't like name-calling or insult hurling. You come back and suddenly people are being called racist, thread titles are being changed to suit opposing political viewpoints, and posts edited to skew things one way.
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 AM   #19
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It is the Trump shutdown, he even said he’d gladly do a shutdown. The thread name change reflected better the current topic of that thread.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #20
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
It is the Trump shutdown, he even said he’d gladly do a shutdown. The thread name change reflected better the current topic of that thread.
Who cares about that at this point. No one. We're here to discuss a mod using his powers in an inappropriate way. The mods are meant to enforce the rules. Not do as they please.
Closed Thread