The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #381
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like Randy/Neca have heard the fans outcry and are going to try and working to sell these two packs online somehow.

Quack
‏ @mquack29

@NECA_TOYS I haven't had any luck finding the Turtle 2-packs at @Target at all, any solution to this so secondary market prices aren't the best option?

NECA
‏Verified account @NECA_TOYS
53s54 seconds ago

More are shipping and working on getting them online too
Old 08-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #382
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

this would be / is fantastic news
Old 08-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #383
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

That is awesome news! My local Target has FINALLY been getting NECA Horror merch, but sadly I still have yet to find any NECA TMNT 2-packs. If they can eventually get sold online through Target or somewhere else, I am ALL in.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #384
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
That is awesome news! My local Target has FINALLY been getting NECA Horror merch, but sadly I still have yet to find any NECA TMNT 2-packs. If they can eventually get sold online through Target or somewhere else, I am ALL in.
The Target 2 packs should be sold on the Target website, but they’re only in stores. I can almost forgive NECA for the ‘17 SDCC Collectors Case, but the Target store 2 pack exclusives should have been better handled. Still, the ‘19 Hasbro Star Wars Retro Collection figures are much harder to find than the Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo 2 packs.

I would suggest you go to different Targets other neighborhoods early on a weekday morning when NECA toys are being restocked.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #385
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Target 2 packs should be sold on the Target website, but they’re only in stores. I can almost forgive NECA for the ‘17 SDCC Collectors Case, but the Target store 2 pack exclusives should have been better handled. Still, the ‘19 Hasbro Star Wars Retro Collection figures are much harder to find than the Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo 2 packs.

I would suggest you go to different Targets other neighborhoods early on a weekday morning when NECA toys are being restocked.
Um, how many times you going to sing this song.
We got the point man. You’re a big fan of the awesomeness that is playmates.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:52 PM   #386
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Well, the ‘19 NECA Target 2 packs should be available through the Target website, or at least, the stores they are sold at could be listed on the Target webpage. This is laziness on the part of NECA and Nickelodeon and you’re defending them?
Old 08-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #387
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's due to license restrictions that the 2-packs are in-store only, and neca have stated they are working trying to get a online solution.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #388
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
When there was demand from stores for more TMNT action figure cases in April of 1990, Playmates saw to it that the demand was met.

It’s truly ridiculous that Turtles fans cannot find the Leo and Shredder pack or any other 2 pack at Target when these have been out for months now.

Say what you will about my song, but I don’t understand this state of frenzy over adult toys. I don’t see Collectors Guides books being published about anything from companies like NECA, Hot Toys, Diamond Select, Medicom, and Super 7 in the future. The 20th century boys toys will always be top notch collectibles.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #389
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It's due to license restrictions that the 2-packs are in-store only, and neca have stated they are working trying to get a online solution.
NECA should have had an online solution from the get-go.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #390
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
that's easy for a rando on a forum spouting out, not so much in reality.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #391
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Maybe a good compromise would be you'd be able to order them online but they would only ship to a local target store for pick up? Idk whatever I can do to get these. I only have a Shredder from wave 1 but he's from the Con pack. When the next wave of characters come out I might just end up getting them on eBay sadly.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:54 PM   #392
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
that's easy for a rando on a forum spouting out, not so much in reality.
Who specifically are these made for?
Old 08-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #393
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Who specifically are these made for?
The Adult Collector who is sick and tired of Playmates's Half Assery with their cheap happy meal toys they peddle to young children under the guise of action figures
Old 08-21-2019, 06:12 PM   #394
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
The Adult Collector who is sick and tired of Playmates's Half Assery with their cheap happy meal toys they peddle to young children under the guise of action figures
Turtlemania erupting after the 1990 movie looks to be the only milestone for Playmates Toys.

None of the renditions of the turtles from 1997 to today have been as successful as the classic cartoon and Jim Henson turtles.

The 1988 turtles figures made up for the lack of Movie Star Turtles in 1990. The double straps on Leonardo could almost be adjusted to look the way did on Leo in the 1990 movie. Come to think of it, I believe children started customizing Turtles figures in 1990. Dots were drawn for pupils on the ‘88 figures in 1990 shortly before the Giant Turtles were in stores. Some of the custom 1988 turtles can be found on eBay in lots from time to time.

The TMNT will not be important to this time or ever again for that matter like they were in the early 90s.

Last edited by mikey0; 08-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:23 PM   #395
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I am clapping right now. So true.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:14 AM   #396
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Just got word that my pre-order has now been shipped. So looks like these are now hitting UK store shelves. Likely the rest of europe too.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:53 AM   #397
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
NECA was blocked from selling these online by Playmates' hold on the license. This is common knowledge. If that's going to change it is because Nickelodeon has decided not to bear down on them all at once.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:56 PM   #398
TommyT
Banned

Where are these being sold in Canada? They aren’t in Target up here.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 AM   #399
IMJ
Emperor

So this has been a nightmare of figure buying, but the NECA figures are amazing. They are the TMNT figures many of us always wanted as a kid, but didn't know we wanted because toys weren't like this back then.

I found the Don/Krang & Raph/Foot packs at Target on a complete one-off. Six Chicago-area Targets and only one had those two on the shelf, and that was it.
Then I picked up the Mikey two pack at a ridiculous scalped price on eBay. Then, in a very frustrating episode I somehow accidentally bought the Raph two pack on eBay at a scalped price and now I've got that sitting around. I'll probably use the Foot Soldier in my display case. Finished the set with an eBay Leo/Shredder.

So final talley is two bought at Target for retail, and three from bay scalpers (one by accident) simply because six Chicago area Targets had nothing. And that's saying a lot because Chicago is a hinterland and there is retail everywhere. These should be readily available here.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #400
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Not sure if this is all right to post, sorry if its not.

I have a brand new unopened set of these for sale if anyone in the UK is interested. See my post in the buy/sell section of the forum. Thanks.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote