The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2020, 05:18 AM   #1
D Piddy 1982
Hench Mutant
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 479
John Du Prez score on Spotify

A lot of you might already notice this but I just found this second that the full John Du Prez score for TMNT 1990 is on Spotify.

I could be behind the times here, but as far as I ever heard only the soundtrack was officially released previously? (eg 9.95 and songs like that)

I could be way out, but that's my take on it.

Anyway, listening to 'Raphael in Trouble' really hits me in the nostalgia feels!!

Side note - I know the score is on YouTube, but I wasn't aware of it existing in any official capacity. The Spotify album says 2020 (in terms of release/availability).
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die."
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
A lot of you might already notice this but I just found this second that the full John Du Prez score for TMNT 1990 is on Spotify.

I could be behind the times here, but as far as I ever heard only the soundtrack was officially released previously? (eg 9.95 and songs like that)

I could be way out, but that's my take on it.

Anyway, listening to 'Raphael in Trouble' really hits me in the nostalgia feels!!

Side note - I know the score is on YouTube, but I wasn't aware of it existing in any official capacity. The Spotify album says 2020 (in terms of release/availability).
Cool find. I like to think it's all part of the ramp-up to a release of the director's cut in 4k later this year.

I like to think.

Edit: Now I'm listening. "Tatsu Attack" is just so cool. "Time to go back" gives me chills, from the mix of music and nostalgia.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-20-2020 at 09:54 AM.
AquaParade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 820
Quote:
Side note - I know the score is on YouTube, but I wasn't aware of it existing in any official capacity. The Spotify album says 2020 (in terms of release/availability).
The score was first released a year or so ago on vinyl from Waxwork Records. They later released it on CD and then earlier this year, the album made it to digital platforms, including iTunes and Amazon Music.

According to Du Prez, the reason it took so long for it to see a commercial release was as it turned out, he was the only person who had the materials needed to create one. He created the mix himself and extended/shortened some cues to create a better listening experience, which is why the Sewer Surfin' track is longer than in the film.

Apparently, he also wrote some liner notes, which according to him weren't included. (I own the iTunes version, so I can't confirm.)
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
80gmrp
Foot Soldier
 
80gmrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 199
Cool find and trivia, indeed! Now if only he could release his music for Weird Al’s UHF... XDD

Tangents aside, listened to the opening music this morning, and I remember doing a rearrangement of the titles music earlier on.
__________________
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Online you say? (looks left and right) Dim dim dem dum...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier
 
Cyndaquilfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 132
It's on Apple Music too in case anyone was wondering.
__________________
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:17 AM   #7
D Piddy 1982
Hench Mutant
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Edit: Now I'm listening. "Tatsu Attack" is just so cool. "Time to go back" gives me chills, from the mix of music and nostalgia.
Yeah, yesterday when I was listening I just couldn't stop grinning when listening to it, the whole movie was playing out in my head.

My favourites are "Crime Fighters"...all I ever hear in my head is when Raph shows the thugs his Sai and goes "uh-huh" and then when the music switches to "what are you...some sort of green punker"

The other(s) are "Raphael in Trouble" and "Huge Fight". All I can hear for Raph in Trouble is Casey tuning his radio in and for Huge Fight...."Keep practising!".

Such a top top film score. TMNT 1990 really was a perfect storm.
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die."
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:27 AM   #8
D Piddy 1982
Hench Mutant
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
The score was first released a year or so ago on vinyl from Waxwork Records. They later released it on CD and then earlier this year, the album made it to digital platforms, including iTunes and Amazon Music.

According to Du Prez, the reason it took so long for it to see a commercial release was as it turned out, he was the only person who had the materials needed to create one. He created the mix himself and extended/shortened some cues to create a better listening experience, which is why the Sewer Surfin' track is longer than in the film.

Apparently, he also wrote some liner notes, which according to him weren't included. (I own the iTunes version, so I can't confirm.)
Nice info, thanks. I just had a thought, would any of the tracks have been slowed down or speeded up? the only reason I say that is because to my ear (could be wrong) when the baby turtle says "Radical Radical" it sounds different to how it's heard in the film? Different tone or actor? Or slowed or speeded up? Dunno...
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die."
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #9
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Nice info, thanks. I just had a thought, would any of the tracks have been slowed down or speeded up? the only reason I say that is because to my ear (could be wrong) when the baby turtle says "Radical Radical" it sounds different to how it's heard in the film? Different tone or actor? Or slowed or speeded up? Dunno...
IIRC that's how it sounded on the original soundtrack album. I've always wondered about that myself.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #10
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,128
Ahh, I love this score. My Raphael variant of the Waxwork Records vinyl release is still one of my prized possessions in my record collection. I can't wait for the Secret of the Ooze score to drop soon.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #11
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
This score is gold. I just bought it on iTunes and listen to Tatsu Attack on repeat.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,466
Sweet find. I rewatched the movie recently and forgot how great the soundtrack is.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work.
*Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van*
Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:37 PM   #13
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,109
I was just randomly looking around on Spotify and found it on my own, and came here to post it. Glad others found it already!!

Wow this is great to have in my Spotify rotation. I've been in love with the service for years now and gladly pay the monthly fee. Having infinite music with no ads at your fingertips, it's heaven. So many great game and movie scores too.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.