The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #621
Francis The Lost Turtle
Random Punk

Now that Nick will be showing Power Rangers and or as well as its Reruns. Do you think they will show Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation now that Sabian will be working with Nick?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #622
sdp
Megan Fox = April

No, sadly Saban only bought back PRs not their entire Saban catalog, Disney still owns all the old Fox Kids shows including TNM. So yeah Bobby's World, Eek The Cat, VR Troopers etc are all doomed to rot in the Disney vault forever.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #623
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Poor Bobby's World...
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #624
Francis The Lost Turtle
Random Punk

At least we'll get "Shell Shocked" on Nicktoons. LOL.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #625
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
No, sadly Saban only bought back PRs not their entire Saban catalog, Disney still owns all the old Fox Kids shows including TNM. So yeah Bobby's World, Eek The Cat, VR Troopers etc are all doomed to rot in the Disney vault forever.
some of those shows aren't so bad to rot. imo.

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #626
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

I'm uncomfortable with the Turtles being owned by Viacom.

I can't help but feel that some of the things Viacom and its subsidiaries have done have been in gross violation of the values that Eastman, Laird and the rest of the Mirage Group stood for (especially when they drew up the Creator's Bill of Rights).

I still hope for good things under Viacom's ownership (comprehensive trade paper collections containing every single TMNT-related comic book story that can be legally reprinted would make me very happy at this point), but I still feel that the TMNT have sold out, at least to some degree. I really want to see Viacom, in releasing older TMNT material (like possibly rereleasing the 4Kids toon on DVD, any possible comic book collections), and also in new toys, video games, comics, TV programs and movies involving the TMMT, listen to the fans, and also have TMNT vets (like Murphy, Berger, Lawson, Dooney, Talbot, Eastman, etc.) be involved creatively.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #627
sdp
Megan Fox = April

With SDCC right around the corner I wonder if we'll see anything from Nick?

While 2012 still seems far away its only a year and half away, we also know that Nick has been working all this time with the property and this is the first comic con since they acquired the turtles. I also think Nick will be pimping their action block with DBZ/Voltron/Power Rangers/TMNT. So yeah, especially if they want to make the new TMNT movie a big deal they'll start doing something this year, nothing big but maybe a teaser poster? TMNT 2007 also gave us a teaser poster 2 years before the movie came out. I don't think a teaser poster for the new animated show would be out of the question either.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #628
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
With SDCC right around the corner I wonder if we'll see anything from Nick?
No. Next year is much more likely.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #629
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well we'll definitely see stuff next year but it depends on what time in 2012 the new cartoon and movie launch if its early or late 2012. We're already halfway through 2010 so 2012 is only a year and half away. We know Nick has been working on the movie and the show since they acquired the property, its not out of the question to get a teaser poster for the movie or even the show and some vague information about how they will be coming for 2012. I'm not saying its likely, but I do think maybe we could get something, its not unusual to get a teaser poster out early on especially for a big film TMNT 2007 got one out 2 years before it came out.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #630
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic looking back on this now after Disney bought out Lucasfilm, Marvel and now Fox.

Hard to believe this was nearly 8 years already. I remember when it happened.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #631
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's kind of ironic looking back on this now after Disney bought out Lucasfilm, Marvel and now Fox.

Hard to believe this was nearly 8 years already. I remember when it happened.
Disney buying FOX is seriously scary. I don't think they bought FOX out entirely but they still got the parts that made them important.

Literally, the only thing about this that doesn't make crap my pants, is that Marvel won't treat the X-men in such a weird way anymore. But that is such a tiny, insignificant consolation in comparrison to the real nightmare.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #632
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Disney buying FOX is seriously scary. I don't think they bought FOX out entirely but they still got the parts that made them important.
Not to Fox. The only rights that were important to them were their news and sports channels/platforms. Which is what they kept.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #633
pferreira
Foot Elite

I think it's only a matter of decades before Disney gobble up all the other major film studios. Is Sony next? Universal? Monopolising reminds me of what Nintendo was doing back in the late 80s and that is scary.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #634
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Monopolising reminds me of what Nintendo was doing back in the late 80s and that is scary.
What did they do in the 80s that is equivalent? I don't remember them buying up anyone.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #635
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Wow, reading this thread is interesting, I think in general it was a bad move for the franchise. Nick show is ok but the movie we were promised before the buy out was what we all wanted and instead we got this. We got tons of merchandise which was great but I also feel we'll never get certain risks or adaptations now that Viacom owns it outright.

Quote:
This turned out to be wrong, we now know Saban does own The Next Mutation, VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs. We're not sure about Masked Rider or Knights of Tir but it appears they took all the live action Tokusatsu stuff.

We don't know about Bobby's world or Eek the cat, they might be doomed to rot in the Disney vault forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What did they do in the 80s that is equivalent? I don't remember them buying up anyone.
You don't need to buy anyone up to be a monopoly but I'm not sure Nintendo is a good example. I do think you underestimate how much this will affect the creative output of companies though.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #636
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since the Nick buy-out, the 2012 cartoon and IDW comics were successful.

The movies bombed, and the 2018 cartoon is a wait and see. So 2 out of the 3 new relaunches were successful...and we'll see what the 2018 show turns out to be.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #637
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not to Fox. The only rights that were important to them were their news and sports channels/platforms. Which is what they kept.
Sure, but this still means Disney now controls a signifigantly larger portion of the entertainment industry than they already did.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #638
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
The movies bombed,
The 2014 film was considered a success in both box-office and merchandising, but not critically... which set the stage for....
The 2016 film under-performed, of course, but I hear merchandising profits actually offset the box-office disappointment.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:13 AM   #639
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, here are two of my old posts from 2009:

Quote:
I'll be 26 too by the time the Nick series comes out.

I imagine I'll still check it out, as I've watched every TMNT incarnation thus far.

But yeah, assuming they're targeting 8 year olds, we'll all be 20 years over the target audience for this show by the time it comes out.
Quote:
I think the difference is when you're 20, you're probably still in College and are essentially a kid.

When you're 26, you'll hopefully have a full-time job and might even be married with kids. When you have a family, there's less time to watch cartoons.

There's a BIG difference between that and being some 20 year old in College.
Even my 2009 era self was worrying about age, and I was still only in my early 20's back then.

And now I'm already in my early 30's waiting for the 2018 show to start. God I'll be doing this forever.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:09 AM   #640
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I'll be doing this forever.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster