The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesnt make them a troll. Everybody i've met in real life and my experiences on forums is that the show is generally hated. Deal with it. Not like it's getting monster numbers right now so it can't be that "well liked" or it wouldnt be ending.
It's well liked by most folks here as well as the kids who made it financially successful enough to keep it afloat for 5 seasons, which is a lot for an action show these days.

Most "fans" you encounter IRL couldn't tell Donatello from Raphael.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Everybody i've met in real life and my experiences on forums is that the show is generally hated. Deal with it. Not like it's getting monster numbers right now so it can't be that "well liked" or it wouldnt be ending.
The show has flat out been popular on all major online forums, or social media sites like tumblr where people watch the show. You can't possibly believe the show is "generally hated" do you even know what that means?

It's been a successful show to last over 5 seasons and 124 episodes when most cartoons barely make it to episode 52-65 before being canceled.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #23
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesnt make them a troll. Everybody i've met in real life and my experiences on forums is that the show is generally hated. Deal with it. Not like it's getting monster numbers right now so it can't be that "well liked" or it wouldnt be ending.
Oh, sure..... Everyone you know in real life accounts for the entire population who has seen this show.
Cyndaquilfan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
You are so full of sh*t.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesnt make them a troll.
Correct. And you are clearly either the latter. This wasn't you delivering an opinion... you were pretending to state a fact. Plus you won't shut up about how you feel about the show, even in situations where it's not the topic of discussion.

Quote:
it can't be that "well liked" or it wouldnt be ending.
Dude, everything ends except The Simpsons.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post

And Spongebob.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #27
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

The thing about the story idea is that it has vast amounts of potential. It can be sci-fi, fantasy, drama, urban crime fighting/solving, romance, horror, there is so much they could do.

What holds it back?
They usually return to the similar territory even when they adapt elements from the comics, we usually see the same elements adapted over and over again.
For instance, one of my colleagues said the show can't go on if they kill Shredder but when you look at the comics he's barely in them. In fact, the 'real' Shredder (aka Oroku Saki) dies in #1.

There are great characters who never make it into any adaptation e.g. Shadow, Professor Obligado, Radical etc.

If they want it to be a family show, why not make the turtles young adults i.e. late 20's and make Shadow around 8 or 9? I know there's a lot of flack surrounding kid characters but if the writers give them a rounded personality with interesting quirks and flaws it could work and it would be different.

They don't need to start every series with the origin story. You don't need to know where they came from to understand the story and it could be revealed through flashback.

In summary: if Nick wants to hire me, just contact me on here.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yeah, it amazes me how delusional this guy is. Tell him to look at how short lived so many DC and Marvel cartoons are. Or any other various cartoons in general.

I'd love to know what world we live in where a show makes over 100+ episodes can be considered a failure in any stretch of the imagination.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #29
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's been a successful show to last over 5 seasons and 124 episodes when most cartoons barely make it to episode 52-65 before being canceled.
So could you clarify is the 2012 series ending due to dropping ratings or because they want to end the series?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
So could you clarify is the 2012 series ending due to dropping ratings or because they want to end the series?
They had a 5 season goal from the start. Now that they reached it the likely want to try something different. Ratings decline of course but that's the same for any show in existence. Every TMNT cartoon got consistently lower ratings with each passing season.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #31
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
There's a reboot set to air right after it ends, so it might not really be either. More like it's ending to make way for another show to revitalise interest in the general brand, Nickelodeon seems to think TMNT is worth having around but the show is not.

Think of it as this, the franchise is a patient and a new show is like a flu shot. Make a new show and the franchise stays healthy, but you gotta do it again in a few years.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #32
pferreira
Foot Elite

Ok thanks for that info guys, I agree I'm starting to come to the conclusion it was both planned to end and scheduled for a new series to take it's place.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote